Sign in to follow this  
Yoma

AddonSync2009 (downloader, launcher)

UAC popup at start of download or start of tool? (Vista, Win7)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. UAC popup at start of download or start of tool? (Vista, Win7)

• Start of download (leave it as is)
    • Start of tool
    • What's UAC? (google Virtual Store, have fun)
    • Arf f*** UAC, first thing I disable after installing Vista/Win7

The Addons.xml seems like what i need. There are the md5 checksums.

Are the other files static?

YAS only packs all other files to single 7z files. That's all.

The repo builds now, but if i try to do autoconfig, i consistantly get an error about not being able to read the Addons table. However, i cant find syntactic differences in the Addons.xml compared to the one created by yoma on my windows machine. The only differences are the contained files (different cba version on client and server, so the servers xml lacks some entrys)

Any ideas?

a) Upload your files to let others have a look.

b) Contact Yoma via mail/PM.

Hello again Pvp. ;)

I had just received help about how to start a dedi server on my own machine, and then connect to it, for the purposes of mission testing. That seemed fine at first, launching from a shortcut on my desktop.

Now however, I have tried to add my usual mods to the target line in that shortcut, only to find out apparently there is some kind of limit, and it won't let me add the entire line that I want.

Then I remembered that I can launch a dedi server with this addon tool. So I am attempting to do that. But now I'm getting what I think are the same messages I got before, that seem to indicate that I'm not running A2/OA, when in fact I think I am.

THe message says

"Addon Extended_Eventhandlers requires addon CATracked2_AAV"

and similar things in my rpt file.

Yet I can launch a non-dedicated server game just fine, even host a listen server, when I use the standard button for "launch arma".

I have this in my custom arguments area of launch options;

"-mod=C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;ca;Expansion;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion"

and I have this for the OA exe in my settings tab;

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

Any tips on what I'm doing wrong?

a) For steam you need to get the server.exe from the tools section.

b) Use a batch file to avoid the character limit of links.

launch.bat

cd /D "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead"
Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe "-mod=C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;ca;Expansion;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion"

c) If you are using steam, it has a character limit on its own (=> forum search).

d) Sorry what is the context to YAS here?

e) The rpt messays says your are loading CBA_A2 without ArmA II / CO.

Looks like its working now :)

It looks like the addonsync tool is extremely courious about the XML and XSD files regarding newlines and extra spaces.

I currently do final testing and will releae the script then.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Here it is:

http://www.silencers.de/arma/yas_makeRepo.pl

call it with "./yas_makeRepo.pl -h" to get help about the parameters.

Currently it creates the 7z files everytime, maybe i will modify this to use some md5 cache so only the new files need to be generated.

Zipping is the most time consuming task currently.

Edited by helling3r

Just to make this a little more searchable, i post the current help screen (v.0.1):

arma@silencers.de:~$ ./yas_makeRepo.pl -h
Create or update a Yoma Addonsync repository
Synopsis:
 ./yas_makeRepo.pl [options]
 ./yas_makeRepo.pl -h

Mandatory options:
 -s  Path to XML file that should be packaged as Server.xml

Optional options:
 -a  Path to the mods root (ie. arma install dir). Default is '.'
 -m  Mods to package. Default is to package all "@..." folders below
     parameter -a; specify like arma modline, wildcard supported (-m "@cba;@ace*")
 -f  Filter-Regex ("/\.zsync$|.yml$/"); if it matches the file name, the file gets ignored.
 -S  print example Server.xml to STDOUT and exit
 -t  Path to target dir (repository root, defaults to '.')
     This is where all the genrated 7z. files will be placed; as such, it must
     point to the place reachable by Server.xml's <AddonURL> address.
 -h  Show help

Additional hints:
 To get started, you should create a Server.xml using the -S parameter.
 You need this file for the -s parameter.

If you find this useful (or even if not), please let me know.

http://www.silencers.de/arma/yas_makeRepo.pl

Edited by helling3r

i have make the files that i want to upload change with yoma sync.

"MD5 xml file and zips created"

Then i make the first file in my ftp with my server that is UPDATER

I Have now the next maps..

/updater

/Updater/@helmand

/update/@helmand/addons

/Update/@helmand/Addons/ the zip file

in the updater map i have place the modfolder.txt with this

@helmand/Addons

i have done all the things that is standings in this manual : link : > http://www.yomatools.be/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=25

then i have make a copie of this link now that is also standing in the manual. the link for me must be http://taskforce40.nl/updater

what im doing wrong

This manual is outdated (at it says in the manual).

The repository is now XML-based.

I recreated it by creating a "testmod" (single mod eith some few txt files in it), created the repo on my windows machine and wrote a perl script that generates the zips.

Basicly, there is a zip file that contains a single folder, that is named like the zipfile. That folder contains three files: a Server.xml describing the repository, a Mods.xml telling AddonSync which mods are hosted in this repository and an Addons.xml, telling which files there are in the repository. also the md5-sums and the download-url are to be found there.

And then there is the repository with the files itself, that has the same folders like the mod. The only difference is, that all files are zipped with 7.zip.

A little bug I noticed from a friend - When you move/reinstall your game to a different folder and update the paths correctly, the mod folders in the preset groups will not be updated to the correct path and you have to remove and re-add them, which you can only figure out by guessing after you see your game loaded up without any mods running.

Hello, i got a small perl AddonSync linux client ready:

http://www.silencers.de/arma/yas_client.pl

All modules it needs should already be shipped by perl, except XML::Simple.

(debian: "apt-get install libxml-simple-perl")

It can:

- sync some local folder (typically your arma folder) with an AddonSync repository

- check against a remote repository (same as "sync" but doesnt download files)

- list infos of an remote repository (served mods, infos from Server.xml)

I hope its useful.

Edited by helling3r

thanks for sharing helling3r!

Dev-Heaven appears to be down. Is there a mirror for this?

Does anyone know if there is a way to Launch combined Ops and ACE from Yoma? I have Steam Version of OA and disc version of Arma 2

I'm not sure about YAS, but I know a lot of friends had good success with http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241 after having a lot of problems with other launchers. Most of them have OA on Steam and quite a few have A2 on disc. This launcher definitely takes good care of it (though YAS might be too, never tried it, personally I just make a shortcut that deals with it).

YAS can launch OA, if you make the A-II installation available via windows links. This way, they can easily be loaded like common mods.

Search for "mklink arma2 addonsync" at google (i have no howto ready for now)

I got a question. When I press delete extra files it shows a list of files but some of them arent checked in the box. I still delete them but am I supposed to delete the ones also unchecked?

i have a question? when i try to select and join a server thats password protected, in the basic tab box area, i select and tick the use password box. Where do i actually input the password? there is no textbox next to it for me to enter the password and when i click "launch arma 2" it launches fine but of course, says no password was entered?

i have a question? when i try to select and join a server thats password protected, in the basic tab box area, i select and tick the use password box. Where do i actually input the password? there is no textbox next to it for me to enter the password and when i click "launch arma 2" it launches fine but of course, says no password was entered?

On the "Server" Tab under "Game server"

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

I got a question. When I press delete extra files it shows a list of files but some of them arent checked in the box. I still delete them but am I supposed to delete the ones also unchecked?

That will be up to you. But in general you can delete all the files you see in there.

@ solidsnake2384 View Post

It only select ArmA files like pbo by default as security measure to avoid people delete files unwanted.

I try to update ACE for OA but something pops up. Download failed. The server returned an error. (404) not found. How do I fix this?