Sign in to follow this  
Yoma

AddonSync2009 (downloader, launcher)

UAC popup at start of download or start of tool? (Vista, Win7)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. UAC popup at start of download or start of tool? (Vista, Win7)

• Start of download (leave it as is)
    • Start of tool
    • What's UAC? (google Virtual Store, have fun)
    • Arf f*** UAC, first thing I disable after installing Vista/Win7

Multiple rather important fixes.

•Bug #14326: Crashes upon completion of downloads

•Bug #14327: Crashes during deleting files

•Bug #14426: Clicking download, cancel and afterwards again download did no longer work.

•Bug #14427: Crash opportunity in CalcMD5 function.

•Feature #14461: Rework of extra file delete dialogue.

Is there a Step by Step guide to setting this up for a dedicated server ? if there is can someone send me a link as I can only find the link for the guide for 2008's version.

Okay, I can't seem to get this here Yoma addon synch working, I get the:

Game Folder not set!

Please check your Arma(2) folder settings

If you did set your Arma(2) folder restart the application

now, i've set my Game Folder to

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 <----(Arma2)

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 <-- (OA is in the same)

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe

and i've also restarted the application et cetera, but it still doesn't seem to see that I have set up the game folder and such things.

Just go to settings and untick the "I have Arma installed on this pc".

The tool can be used for Arma, Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA.

If you don't have one of these games, just untick them in settings.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Is there a Step by Step guide to setting this up for a dedicated server ? if there is can someone send me a link as I can only find the link for the guide for 2008's version.

I haven't gotten to writing a full step by step guide, but pressing F1 inside the tool should get you started.

I'm not writing down steps like "installing a webserver" or "installing an ftp server" as the web is littered with tutorials for that.

Hi Yoma!

If your gonna release any more versions is it possible to add time stamps when files ware created in "check for addons" menu? So you would have Id, D, File, Remote MD5, Status, Size, URL and date or smt like that. It would be really nice.

As not to search through 33 pages of posts, anyone mind lending a hand to getting a repository setup on my windows server so others can download off it?

If this was Linux I'd know all the info it wants, as it's windows, I do not, especially since i did not setup this box myself, help would be appreciated.

I'm trying to setup a repo with Yoma but get as far as building it, the options are greyed out, see pic

http://pix.sparky-s.ie/5961b.jpg

Can anyone figure whats going on here? Everything else seemed to work smoothly

do "get files" :)

do "get files" :)

Thanks, now it builds the repo fine, but doesn't create the auto config url. I didn't bother with FTP as I have remove access, I'm sure this is the problem.

Got the repo sorted, works great when You get all the kinks ironed out. Amazing tool Yoma, makes it so much easier for newcomers to get mods matching the server installed.

BTW, anonymous is spelt anonymous, check the Teamspeak tab for a typo :D

Launching Mumble doesn't work, it launches the old 1.1 version of Mumble when our server runs 1.2

Edited by PogMoThoin

Hey Pog, you think you could lend a quick hand to figuring this thing out? I don't normally deal with windows server's so there are things i can't answer it wants.

Hey Pog, you think you could lend a quick hand to figuring this thing out? I don't normally deal with windows server's so there are things i can't answer it wants.

I can try, Here's what You should've done. Hopefully You have full rdp access.

Install apache, open port 80 in the firewall rules and get Your server setup as a webserver. Make sure You can access the webserver and get the apache "it works" html page.

Make a repo input folder C:\YASRepoinput

And a Repo output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\YASRepo

The autoconfig url is written as a url with all forward slashes "/"

file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/YASRepo/yasrepo.7z

Follow the instuctions in the Yoma help section using the above, copy a few mods into C:\YASRepoinput and see if it works.

Edited by PogMoThoin

I can try, Here's what You should've done. Hopefully You have full rdp access.

Install apache, open port 80 in the firewall rules and get Your server setup as a webserver. Make sure You can access the webserver and get the apache "it works" html page.

Make a repo input folder C:\YASRepoinput

And a Repo output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\YASRepo

The autoconfig url is written as a url with all forward slashes "/"

file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/YASRepo/yasrepo.7z

Follow the instuctions in the Yoma help section using the above, copy a few mods into C:\YASRepoinput and see if it works.

apache won't install and from the errors i'm guessing something is already on this box, I'm assuming IIS, not sure were to go from here.

ty i figured it out but for some reason the program doesn't finish compression, all files get built but there is no zip/7z

Now what would be a truly awesome is having some kind of an auto-update feature. Kind of like windows update that can be configured when and how to auto-update, so you could tell it to auto update every day at 3AM or just tell you when there's an update and ask you if you want to download it now or later. That would prevent the annoying "damn you, your ACE is not up to date now we need to wait X minutes before we can actually play" situations. Some people seem to find it hard to click "update" every friday night or saturday morning. Though then again I might be wrong and those people will just not use this feature anyway and still cause the same problems :(

Is it possible for YOMA to download your addons to a specified folder not the same folder as Arma?

Specifically here D:\Arma2

i dont see an option for it anywhere

hi there Yoma! Your tool is great. But im having some difficulties with uploading files to server... Where i can find more detailed way to configure that ftp manager?

When im trying to compare repositry it says i cant connect to remote server even thou i can do this in other cases;/ dunno what to do

Resolved the issue I was having.

Edited by BigMorgan

Where do i imput the passwords for the servers i want to join ?

Hello,

i just wanted to know if the repository layout is published somewhere?

I wondered if i can host my own yoma-server on my linux box and found the .NET linux exe.

However i dont want to install mono just for that purpose on my server and would be more happy with a small script or something which has as less dependencys as possible.

This should be straight forward, because as far as i know, the repository is serverd by an webserver and consisting mostly of a checksum file and the 7zip'ped files.

If there is no such script today i would be happy to write one (which will get shared back of course). That could be of great use to other linux server admins as well; i just need the repos specifications.

Where do i imput the passwords for the servers i want to join ?
Hi SnR

Where it says "Game password" on the "Game server" tab under every server. If you still can't find it - use the Help button on top.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

hi there Yoma! Your tool is great. But im having some difficulties with uploading files to server...

Hi trooph

You can always upload the files using an other FTP-client if the Addon Sync one gives you trouble.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Is it possible for YOMA to download your addons to a specified folder not the same folder as Arma?

Specifically here D:\Arma2

i dont see an option for it anywhere

Hi kdjac

The option is on the page/tab where the download button is.

Edited by Boxter.dk

helling3r on the server you only need the 7z files generated by YAS and HTTP/FTP access to anon.

Hello,

@PVPScene: maybe i did not made my point clear. What i want is to create the necessary repository structure for YAS to work.

I could not find any infos how to set up the repository without the need to:

A. upload from my windows machine

B. Use the mono-tool delivered by yoma

Instead, i want to create the repository directly on the linux server out of the mods already installed there.

For that reason i think i need to write a custom script for which i first need information.