Sign in to follow this  
Yoma

AddonSync2009 (downloader, launcher)

UAC popup at start of download or start of tool? (Vista, Win7)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. UAC popup at start of download or start of tool? (Vista, Win7)

• Start of download (leave it as is)
    • Start of tool
    • What's UAC? (google Virtual Store, have fun)
    • Arf f*** UAC, first thing I disable after installing Vista/Win7

Not sure where to post bugs. The dev-heaven site seems to be down for me.

Anyways, my problem is when I go to download addon updates. I check for new addons. It has all the new/changed ones checked. I click download addons and it crashes immediately. I can restart the program and check and download fine. Always does it the first time I open the program after a restart or user change.

Not sure if there's a debug mode or not, but let me know and I'll provide anything that will help.

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit

AMD Athlon II X2 2.80 GHz

3.00 GB RAM

Next time I will try to update on a different server first (if I find one, as I only play at one at the moment) and see if is just the specific server of just downloading addons in general.

I downloaded YOMA addon tool but not sure exactly how to use it to download mods such as ACE and others, looked on the homepage as well but could not find directions on how to use, any help would be great, I have Arma2 and OA combined. I followed the video about mod addons and stiil not able to download mods, would like to download the ACE addons and some maps, do I need to find them at a server?

I downloaded YOMA addon tool but not sure exactly how to use it to download mods such as ACE and others, looked on the homepage as well but could not find directions on how to use, any help would be great, I have Arma2 and OA combined. I followed the video about mod addons and stiil not able to download mods, would like to download the ACE addons and some maps, do I need to find them at a server?

Import http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/Server.yas which will give you the Kellys Heroes repositry servers, you can then check the items you wish to download i.e. go to 'Download Addons' the 'Check for Addons', theres around 6+gb of data there so make sure you know what you want.

Thank you, but, I have a problem. When I go to check for addons a pop up box says this:

Gamefolder not set,

please check your Arma(2) folder settings, if you did set your Arma(2) folder restart application.

Also my 3 boxes that say

install DSCreate Key, install DSSign File and install are all orange and not green, I have no clue what I am supposed to do, I did go to the settings page and pushed "detect" and "browse" and found my Arma2 exe and Arma2OA exe and it did nothing, any ideas, thanks.

Have you unchecked the Arma (1) is installed as you will always get that until you say its not installed.

Hi all,

This is just a post to help the ones who have A2 and OA off Steam and wish to launch it via YAS - with or without mods, addons or the OA beta build.

Several members in my group (including me) have been using this solution for 1 month now and it has worked like a charm so far.

Read my post Solution to run Combined Ops through Yoma for Steam users

A big thanks to Yoma for this great addon sync. tool. cool0020.gif

Just a quick thought about managing keys with addonsync .

running a server, keys are a pain to get, and with addonsync you can sign pbo's and I assumed, create a key too? (havent used it yet)

In that case, why not put up a repository, where (automaticly) the keys created with addonsync are stored and where serveradmins are able to download the keys from the latest signed addons.

Especially sound category, or client-only addons. It makes it for serveradmins really easy to allow all soundmods on their server.

Also, they can quickly add more keys to their server, and don't have to go to all the hassle, getting it off different addons. But basicly, it all depends how often addonsync is used to sign addons.

The goal is that more addons find there way in MP.

Cheers,

BirdsEye

•Bug #11783: Checking availability of new OA beta's was bugged...

•Bug #12111: Use Password Option

•Bug #12789: Download button didn't disable immediately after clicking it.

•Feature #5996: no need for long mod path for MyDocuments/Arma2 since beta 60000

•Feature #12376: Expansion folder is not selectable

•Bug #12156: There is a 51 folder limit in download tab

The fix for the folderlimit *might* introduce some funkyness...

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Just a quick thought about managing keys with addonsync .

running a server, keys are a pain to get, and with addonsync you can sign pbo's and I assumed, create a key too? (havent used it yet)

In that case, why not put up a repository, where (automaticly) the keys created with addonsync are stored and where serveradmins are able to download the keys from the latest signed addons.

Especially sound category, or client-only addons. It makes it for serveradmins really easy to allow all soundmods on their server.

Also, they can quickly add more keys to their server, and don't have to go to all the hassle, getting it off different addons. But basicly, it all depends how often addonsync is used to sign addons.

The goal is that more addons find there way in MP.

Cheers,

BirdsEye

There have been multiple discussions about this. Everyone is free to set up whatever repository they want to. Allowing too much keys introduces security risks.

Hello, and Thanks for this great tool, I've been using it as server browser/game launcher. I've had some problems with the profile selections: For some reason Addonsync always wants to create new profile called SYSTEM in "/My Documents/Arma 2 Other Profiles" - no matter which profile I select from the list.

In the earlier versions I solved this by removing read/write access to that particular folder. But now, in the latest version 1.0.65, the problem is back. It creates the SYSTEM profile, but this time in "My Documents/ArmA 2". What should I do? :confused:

EDIT: and I'm using Win7 x64, with UAC on. I run Addonsync with admin privileges. Currently all my Arma2/OA profiles are stored in "/My Documents/Arma 2"

Edited by Osku

Addonsync does not create profiles at all (there is not 1 line of code in the tool to write a profile)

It might be that if you launch Arma2 with no profile selected, that Arma2 (or one of the newer beta's of A2 or A2OA) creates a profile called System.

Best tool ever, Thanks for the update :D

Addonsync does not create profiles at all (there is not 1 line of code in the tool to write a profile)

It might be that if you launch Arma2 with no profile selected, that Arma2 (or one of the newer beta's of A2 or A2OA) creates a profile called System.

Ok, I see. But then I don't understand why the profile selection in Addonsync won't work at all. It's like it won't tell my Arma2 to start with the profile I had selected... strange.

Ok, I see. But then I don't understand why the profile selection in Addonsync won't work at all. It's like it won't tell my Arma2 to start with the profile I had selected... strange.

Maybe some weird characters in your profile name that get parsed incorrectly?

Try with a simple name to test...

Maybe some weird characters in your profile name that get parsed incorrectly?

Try with a simple name to test...

I now created new profile - it worked. Then I tried again with my "Osku" profile and it worked as well. How?! I have no clue... but I'm happy this way. Thanks! :)

What operating system are you using?

Can you pm me any errormessages?

Does it happen each and every time, can you fully reproduce it?

Sorry if the answer has been stated elsewhere - can I use addonsync to remotely update my ACE2 server (TCadmin)? If so, how?

If you have FTP access: yes.

I haven't written any plugins for TCadmin to "update remotely" as in download directly to server. I could write this, but i don't really have the time for it atm.

Hi all, me and my friend got arrowhead. We have Arma 2 long time since is release and we play it with mods, including ace 2. Now we just got Arrowhead (Their both steam btw) and installed it, everything works fine.

I can add addons on arrowhead and i can launch CO.

The problem is, we have been trying to figure out how to play with addons and mods (such as new version on ACE mod) in CO.

We tried lots thing and readed lots of posts.

In arma 2 we used to use addonsync 2009 and we could organize our addons and mods really easy. Now its a mess, we want play CO with mods! We can play normal CO but we want ACE mod and other addons with it!

Thanks

Hi all, me and my friend got arrowhead. We have Arma 2 long time since is release and we play it with mods, including ace 2. Now we just got Arrowhead (Their both steam btw) and installed it, everything works fine.

I can add addons on arrowhead and i can launch CO.

The problem is, we have been trying to figure out how to play with addons and mods (such as new version on ACE mod) in CO.

We tried lots thing and readed lots of posts.

In arma 2 we used to use addonsync 2009 and we could organize our addons and mods really easy. Now its a mess, we want play CO with mods! We can play normal CO but we want ACE mod and other addons with it!

Thanks

Read my post Solution to run Combined Ops through Yoma for Steam users :)

•Bug #11426: Server.xml and yas2302.7z not supporting <TSChannel> and <TSChannelPwd>

•Bug #14114: Autobuilder does not run on 64Bit Linux.

•Bug #14142: Rework of part of the download window.

•Feature #583: Some sort of progress bar/indication possible for "compare remote to local files".

•Feature #14067: Mode to build/update the repository file only

After updating to new version, when I try to Launch Arma via AddonSync I get prompted for "Securom" authentication and putting in the Arma's serial. No such request pops up when starting Arma through the normal Icon... Is this normal? :confused: It is quite suspicious behavior...

edit: forget it, looks like this occured only during the first launch after installation. After starting AS again it seems that the behavior disappeared

Edited by Dair