Sign in to follow this  
Yoma

AddonSync2009 (downloader, launcher)

UAC popup at start of download or start of tool? (Vista, Win7)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. UAC popup at start of download or start of tool? (Vista, Win7)

• Start of download (leave it as is)
    • Start of tool
    • What's UAC? (google Virtual Store, have fun)
    • Arf f*** UAC, first thing I disable after installing Vista/Win7

may i ask how you did that ..

Give a login and password to your FTP folder where your repositry is located (via your FTP server software, like Filezilla server).

Then in the Yoma, you need to configure this login and password in the tab named : "Addon server" (it's just the one after the tab named "Auto configuration"), like this :

Addon user : xxxxxx

Addon password : xxxxxx

;)

BB

Edited by [GIBF]-BadBoy

-BadBoy;1566417']Give a login and password to your FTP folder where your repositry is located (via your FTP server software' date=' like Filezilla server).

Then in the Yoma, you need to configure this login and password in the tab named : "Addon server" (it's just the one after the tab named "Auto configuration"), like this :

Addon user : xxxxxx

Addon password : xxxxxx

;)

BB[/quote']

yes i know that , but lets just make it public (i also use Filezilla)

I do have full acces on my ftp server tested with flasfxp ,and upload wiht yoma is no problem

but what i try i cant import the server i just get the error message

Failed importing server details

Please check the url

Cannot import table server

Edited by Sneaker-78-

Yoma,

If a login and password are required to have acces (to import) a yoma server, is there a possibility to add a message like this when you press on the button "import server" or the button "Check for addons / Download addons:

you need to put entries in the box "Addon user" and "Addon password"

Can you make this in the next Yoma update ???

BB

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

yes i know that , but lets just make it public (i also use Filezilla)

I do have full acces on my ftp server tested with flasfxp ,and upload wiht yoma is no problem

but what i try i cant import the server i just get the error message

Failed importing server details

Please check the url

Cannot import table server

i don't want my Yoma server public ;)

My yoma's URL is :

ftp://cellules-rapaces.sytes.net/yas2302.7z

So i need to have a file named "yas2302.7z in my repositry folder.

This file contain the table server.

Are you sure that your repositry folder has a file named like in your yoma's URL ????

BB

Edited by [GIBF]-BadBoy

-BadBoy;1566428']Yoma' date='

If a login and password are required to have acces (to import) a yoma server, is there a possibility to add a message like this when you press on the button "import server" or the button "Check for addons / Download addons:

you need to put entries in the box "Addon user" and "Addon password"

Can you make this in the next Yoma update ???

[/quote']

Euhm as the username/pwd are needed to actually download the repo file this is not possible without trapping all the sorts of http/ftp specific security and blabla errors.

(so the answer is no)

Edited by Yoma

a well the download trough ftp is just not working by me , so i use http

Just to let you know: if you use basic authentication on the http, you can still "protect" your repository.

Just to let you know: if you use basic authentication on the http, you can still "protect" your repository.

hmm o well i got it working now so its ok ;)

Just wanna to say thank you Yoma.

Your AddonSync really is a pretty nice tool. ;)

Ok, I've learned about the bug which downloads everything when you don't want it to :) but ... what about all the 100's of ticked items that I want to UNtick?? I can't seem to 'select all' :(

I've tried removing and reinstalling the software but they are still ticked when I "Check for Addons"....

PLEASE don't say I have to go through them one by one....

Ok, I've learned about the bug which downloads everything when you don't want it to :) but ... what about all the 100's of ticked items that I want to UNtick?? I can't seem to 'select all' :(

I've tried removing and reinstalling the software but they are still ticked when I "Check for Addons"....

PLEASE don't say I have to go through them one by one....

Checking a folder in left pane will preselect them.

Rightclick the left pane for deselect all.

By default no folder is "selected" but in fact the entire repo is then selected.

The point of a repo is to get a set of files, not 2-3 files ;-)

The bug you complained about should be fixed in version 1.0.49

Thanks - I got them all deselected.

I only wanted to play USRanger's Jackel's Hunt, but even when its working the whole thing seems just ... odd!!

Thanks - I got them all deselected.

I only wanted to play USRanger's Jackel's Hunt, but even when its working the whole thing seems just ... odd!!

Sometimes odd things are not as bad as they seem ;)

There is no point in clicking the check for addons button 5 times in a row.

Hi Yoma,

first, thanks for such a great tool !

I just have two questions:

1. If i click at "standart servers" i dont get a list anymore, if i click "Get Servers" i get a Error that says "cant get server table", can you help ?

2. I downloaded the new version but it looks like a new installation, not a update. So is there a way to keep my settings ?

Hi Yoma,

first, thanks for such a great tool !

I just have two questions:

1. If i click at "standart servers" i dont get a list anymore, if i click "Get Servers" i get a Error that says "cant get server table", can you help ?

2. I downloaded the new version but it looks like a new installation, not a update. So is there a way to keep my settings ?

1) My host seems to be having a problem :D It should get fixed asap.

2) Every new version will be a "new installation", you'll get to keep all the configured servers, but unfortunately "settings" will indeed be reset.

Fortunately the most important ones get autodetected so you'll only need to tick a minor amount of things.

Glad you like the tool!

Hi Yoma ;)

currently, there is no possibility to delete the missions files (into the MPmissions folder) with your command "Delete Extra File" (after made an addons sync), i must delete them manually.

Is there a possibility to fix that in your next release ?

in advance, thx mate

BB

Edited by [GIBF]-BadBoy

-BadBoy;1578147']Hi Yoma ;)

currently' date=' there is no possibility to delete the missions files (into the MPmissions folder) with your command "Delete Extra File" (after made an addons sync), i must delete them manually.

Is there a possibility to fix that in your next release ?

in advance, thx mate

BB[/quote']

For addonsync important default arma folders are considered "protected".

This is to avoid accidents (like erasing the default campaign, missions, blabla)

I'm not sure but isn't it possible to add a subfolder MPMissions in an addons folder? (something like "MyFantasticModSet\MPmissions")

It might work on that. (should test it)

The MPMissions folder is empty by default, unlike Arma1, so maybe it should not be protected ?

Next version will have a slightly altered behaviour allow to delete extra files in the arma2/missions or arma2/mpmissions folders.

For arma1 the behaviour will stay the same.

Bug #9001: Errormessage after "delete extra files"

Feature #9318: Allow deletion of extra files in /Missions or /MPmissions, only for Arma2

Feature #9320: Added "Minimize to tray" checkbox in launch window

Feature #9321: Added -winxp and -dsound to advanced launch options

Feature #9318: Allow deletion of extra files in /Missions or /MPmissions, only for Arma2

Excellent.

Thanks again for continuing to improve and update! Not to mention your time and effort. Used daily here :)

it keeps telling me my game folder is not set when i try to download from the OAC server. It auto detected my Arma 2 folders and still wont let me download.

it keeps telling me my game folder is not set when i try to download from the OAC server. It auto detected my Arma 2 folders and still wont let me download.

Untick the "arma 1 is installed on this pc" option in settings, restart the tool.

Also make sure you're not using the old Arma 1 oac server autoconfig url :D