Sign in to follow this  
jtec

Pukf - WIP

looking damn good da12thMonkey and team, even although they are dropshots that are missing their lanyards :)

Good job!

This project covers what in British Forces? Soldiers,Armor,Air,Weapons?

This project covers what in British Forces? Soldiers,Armor,Air,Weapons?

Armour, weapons and vehicals. Air is done by RKSL and soldiers by StalkerGB.

Armour, weapons and vehicals. Air is done by RKSL and soldiers by StalkerGB.

Thats waht I thought at first; But they will be at least under the same faction in the editor? (Ex: Brits ==> Armor\Air\Foot, not BritsA ==>Armor, BritsC ==> Air..)

The 3 "teams" have amazing works.

Thats waht I thought at first; But they will be at least under the same faction in the editor? (Ex: Brits ==> Armor\Air\Foot, not BritsA ==>Armor, BritsC ==> Air..)

The 3 "teams" have amazing works.

Well a while ago UKF and RKSL "agreed" a faction format eg:

BLUFOR > UK Armed Forces > Royal Air Force (RKSL)

BLUFOR > UK Armed Forces > Army Wheeled (UKF)

BLUFOR > UK Armed Forces > Army Tracked (UKF)

class CfgFactionClasses
{
class UK_ARMED_FORCES
{
 displayName = "UK Armed Forces";
 priority = 8;
 side = 1;
};
};
class CfgVehicleClasses
{
class RKSL_RAF_Air
{
 displayName = "Royal Air Force (RKSL)";
}; 
};

So yeah, well atleast for UKF and RKSL probably... I cant speak for Stalker though.

Great to know. This keeps everything more clean and organized.

Really looking forward to.

We've got a couple of other things that'll hopefully be done a good while before the AS90s are ready, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to put up a couple of pics of the big guns in action.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6964/as90demo1.th.jpg

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/1908/as90demo3.th.jpg

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3697/as90demo4.th.jpg

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1006/as90demo5.th.jpg

Some other WIP stuff is shown in the pics too ;)

Apologies for my shite graphics settings and the fact I scaled the pics down

What is this island the screenshots were taken on? Looks like east Falkland.

What is this island the screenshots were taken on? Looks like east Falkland.

Yes, the East Falkland demo island by Chris (Pathy on these forums).

-

Like Rock has stated, UKF and RKSL agreed to share a common "UK Armed Forces" faction with our own vehicleclasses inside.

In the end UKF went for generic "UKF Wheeled/Tracked/Support" etc vehicleclasses instead of individual one for British Army, Royal Marines, RAF Regiment etc. This was due to the inter-service use of some weapons systems and vehicles (particularly light, wheeled vehicles). Also, to reduce editor-menu clutter as much as possible.

the shadow bug with the wmik landrovers is a pita. is this one of yours? ifso, i LOVE the vehicles and have them in evolution duala and panthera but im gonna remove them owing to this weird graphics bug.

the RE_landrovers are awesome too. keepingthem and very happy with those.

Also uparmed the lynx significantly in evo panthera to test it with a couple of harpoons and some sparrows. apart from the unstable flight dynamics its not a bad beast.

the shadow bug with the wmik landrovers is a pita. is this one of yours? ifso, i LOVE the vehicles and have them in evolution duala and panthera but im gonna remove them owing to this weird graphics bug.

That the big black triangles thing?

BennyBoy and I fixed that a while ago, as well as the problems with the brake lights and vehicle not taking damage properly. Would have probably released a fixed version months ago but due to increasing work commitments in our respective careers, the last couple of issues didn't get sorted until now. On the bright side, it also has deflating tyres and shattering windows now, thanks in part to the delay.

-

Pry, nice of someone to notice. ;)

Hoping to get some of that patented VCB testing soon

Heya guys!

Those screenshots look awesome! Nice looking work!!

We're using the Weapon pack and Landies currently.

Really liking them all! Its good to hear the shadow bug has been fixed and that the Landies will be getting some damage detailings, too. Since you've fixed it already, probably no need to say that we only saw the shadow thing happening on the HMG Landies. Can't wait to get that gun back into the mix!

You've probably also seen and fixed the weapons sound range (where you could hear the SA80s at normal shot sound at far to great a distance) ?

I do hope to be able to (virtually) hold that version of the SA-80 you have in your sig dai2thmonkey - is that in the works, too?? :)

Anyway, thanks for sharing your screenshots!

Edited by Harlow[16AA]

Wow I want to play as the UK now :) Nice work, those are some awesome models.

All this news sounds great. Can't wait to see the fixed Landies's.

AS90 looks great also. And the camo spotting team will be nice.

Keep up the good work guys.

we only saw the shadow thing happening on the HMG Landies

awesome feedback, so I'll only remove the HMG versions - great news as the others are an asset!

;1602657']probably no need to say that we only saw the shadow thing happening on the HMG Landies.

Aye, it was down to the resolution LODs for our L111A1 and SUSAT proxy models not having the lodNoShadow property defined in ukf_shared. Meant that the the game tried generating a shadow LOD from the res LODs, which is bad. IIRC it effected one or two of the lower LODs on the L134A1 as well, but that'd would rarely cause problems ingame.

Yes, I am working on expanding the weapons pack with some new versions of the SA80 on top of those that Chris did (new UOR stuff, iron sights etc). Includes some great scripted features too, thanks to norrin and the chaps at AAW. Not really put much effort into fixing the bugs in the weapon pack yet (apart from a few visual issues) as it's something I'd do when all the core features are in there.

It's still a very long way off and I'm not keen on doing a decent preview of it yet: I've not even made any normal maps for the what I've done so far (been working other projects instead of the weapons recently).

Unfortunately for me, the MoD is also planning to ad add even more new shit to the SA80, that I'll have to model eventually: I'm already tempted to do the new, H&K-manufactured, titanium super-jimpy. Op-Arrowhead might also provide the opportunity to expand on the number of weapon versions in the pack if it has NV and TI support for weapon optics.

Development could become quite protracted...

lads the addons are really starting to look good as usual:) keep up the good work.. its nice to see some quality british kit again...:) specially the AS90 love that howitzer:D

dk

Yes, I am working on expanding the weapons pack with some new versions of the SA80 on top of those that Chris did (new UOR stuff, iron sights etc). Includes some great scripted features too, thanks to norrin and the chaps at AAW. Not really put much effort into fixing the bugs in the weapon pack yet (apart from a few visual issues) as it's something I'd do when all the core features are in there.

It's still a very long way off and I'm not keen on doing a decent preview of it yet: I've not even made any normal maps for the what I've done so far (been working other projects instead of the weapons recently).

You have made me a very happy bunny. :D

It's good to hear you haven't forgotten about your weapon pack! :yay:

ive just added the RAF chinook into evolution too. going to put in the SAS troops, UKF weapons pack, the 2 landrover packs, the chenowth (As they really do use these in sas - i've seen them being converted for real) the uparmed lynx, etc for a full british mod. are there any other available items i can use?

p.s. i realise you don't do all these mods yourselves...

would love a UK harrier and some armoured cars.

Unfortunately for me, the MoD is also planning to ad add even more new shit to the SA80, that I'll have to model eventually: I'm already tempted to do the new, H&K-manufactured, titanium super-jimpy.

Development could become quite protracted...

I've just seen the March issue of Desider. How are modders meant to cope?

Thanks for the info updates, and that AS90 and other gear shown look ace... what about a small shot of the firearms without the concealing vegetation? :p Anyhow, good work.

I had to stop reading desider to stop myself going crazy, especially during all the EWMIK and other lannie upgrades.

Are you guys planning to release any units, and if so which ones ?

I've just seen the March issue of Desider. How are modders meant to cope?

I think the event in that article took place at the end of January, just as I'd finished modelling and texturing the RIS, ACOG and B.E. Meyers flash eliminator, so I'm thinking "Hey, this is nearly everything I need for the SA80s".

Then, next week people who've been down to Abbey Wood start telling me about transparent magazines, picatinny adaptors for the old sight rail, RIS and bayonets for the LSW, Elcan sights, laser range-finders for the UGL...

AS-90s looking sweet, any plans for any other mobile arty?

What did you have in mind? GMLRS is really the only other self-propelled artillery system in the UK. I suppose you could count APC mortar carriers (Bulldog, Viking) though.

Would be nice to have a Brit-spec GMLRS but I don't think we have the time to do one as nice as BI's M270 from scratch, and there's no MLOD for us to add the stuff we want to it.

If you're on about towed and man-portable stuff, we don't have a scripter to incorporate such features.

Ok its been long enough, I'll be posting the answer to my question at (or around) 1700 tonight.

For anyone who missed the question, here it is again...

Why cant you fire any artillery piece over 1244Mils elevation?

Have fun all,

Brian :)