Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 1 : beta patch 1.18.5278 RC (road to final) + feedback

I'll give 1.18 another go in XP compatability mode

Update - so far, no problems with 1.18 running under XP compatability!

Edited by allthumbs

Yay! Finally the 4GB/x64 problem was fixed. Works perfectly now, thanks BIS! :yay:

I believe this was it:

5272 - Fixed: Game did not run on ATI cards in fullscreenmode on Vista x64 with more then 4 GB RAM (fixed again).

noone said there will be no 1.18 final for ARMA 1 ... so please patience ...

This road to final has lasted eight months, during that time MP community has been split in two (1.14/1.18). If there aren't any more plans for development, then I think it's time to close that gap.

What about reading the thread "ArmA - News" :cool:

15. December 2009 ... release candidate of 1.18 available

A little bit late but hey you and GameStar still made it! Congratulations!! :rthumb:

Yeah, I thought Gamestar meant the final release of 1.18, but since I can't find anything here... :j:

Next breaking news on Gamestar: Big oil leak caused by BP. omg, wtf, bbq!

What happens with the final patch? Almost three years, from 21.05.2008, waiting for the final version of the patch is a bit too much. There are still people who play A1 but not by his will divided into two groups(1.14 vs. 1.18). It would be fair to them to publish the official and final version of the patch :756:

I agree, its crazy to leave the game in this limbo.

I would love to see the final patch released or at least 1.18RC declared as an official patch.

AI seeing through grass is still a problem. Maybe bring on some of the features of ARMA 2 over to ARMA 1. Also the pathfinding for AI alerted (OR NOT!!!) vehicles is awful! Think you made it worse in this patch. In the mission "Battle of Somato" in the official campaign the pathfinding is horrendous. The BMPS in th second part of the mission who are supposed to come from the south never come and the reason for it is the fact they try to climb a 45º slope! Can't you make them follow a road?

One thing i like in Arma 1 is that the visual side is very polished. You don't see the lighting or the texture popping or the z-fighting that happens in Arma 2. The urban experience in Arma 1 is flawless. For Arma 2 is anything but flawless especially if you look through a scope. Sometimes i wonder what went wrong from Arma 1 to Arma 2. Rendering in Arma 2 is pretty much screwed up, and is probably the nº1 factor that keeps other potential gamers from buying the game. Other being the ones who never played the original OFP or even Arma.

I got Arma 2 last year without even hearing of Arma or OFP. Just thought it might be a good game to try on my new computer. But check this out. Last night I downloaded the Arma Demo just to see what it was like, and to compare it to Arma 2. Wow, this game is kinda nice! The world environment looks so much better in Arma. And the best part is, my computer can run it. ( The "Trees Of Death" in OA are just too much, so I just play in the desert. lol )

So last night I bought ARMA Gold Combat Operations Queens Gambit on Ebay for $5.95. I hope this game doesn't die yet, I would like to play online.

By the way, what are good mods and addons to use for Arma? Thanks.