Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 1 : beta patch 1.18.5278 RC (road to final) + feedback

Bumpy road. One small but show stopper problem found (TeamSpeak overlay and Arma 1.17 did not like each other well, resulting in app hang).

This is hopefully fixed, once verified we can progress further.

Also, too much other higher priority work slowed us down...

Hi, i wish that with the final v1.17 BIS decide to add more woodland soldiers to the BLUFOR side instead just the rifleman and the corpsman, all the others too, officer, S. Leader... T. Leader... autorifleman.. grenadier.. and also remap the pilots and tank crew vest textures to use the Interceptor III vest textures of those woodland soldiers; plus add some of the AA2 animations, that will be a good final patch to leave the AA finnaly. Let's C ya

i bought Arma gold last month and it was money well spent. i got nothing but respect for BIS for still supporting Arma. i'll definitely be buying Arma2 and trying this patch out. GL on the final build.

Hi, i don't find it that impressive, is good but not impressive; what will be impressive will be if they add some of the AA2 things that they could add with a little more time like animations and more units or reviewed ones and weapons, if you ask me... don't have much sense to have added only two woodland units to the last (v1.14) patch, have a M4M203 that uses exactly the same model that the M4A1M203; they should add the whole set of units dressed with those woodland BDUs, they should also add some of the AA2 anims, like those ones to hold the grenade launchers right instead hold 'em by inside the weapon model, they could remap all the yankee units Eliminator vest with the textures of those woodland units too, they could also add some of the AA2 sounds too.

Is good to have a new candidate to last patch, but really man... if you ask me this isn't nothing and don't seems to add anything that makes me want to run the ArmA again. But yes, good new. Let's C ya

hey guys

downloaded the 1.18 patch, well the canidate, and extracted it and go to install it and i get this error, this is what it says exactly

Arma is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted.

I have Arma patched to 1.14 and I dont have any problems with the game.

Any ideas, or should i just wait til the actual patch comes out?

Beta folder inside arma?

Registry got corrupted? ArmA entry missing in registry?

What version you have (Steam, other?) and what OS?

hey guys

downloaded the 1.18 patch, well the canidate, and extracted it and go to install it and i get this error, this is what it says exactly

Arma is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted.

I have Arma patched to 1.14 and I dont have any problems with the game.

Any ideas, or should i just wait til the actual patch comes out?

no beta folders

looked in the registry using the regiedit under run

and found the Bis studios folder and had Arma

and then another folder same thing with arma and arma 2 folders

the Arma key is there just the reg_binary

no main reg_SZ though if that matters

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

I have Armed Assault Combat Operations DVD version.

patched to 1.14

OS is:

Windows Xp home edition

AMD Athlon 64 processor 3400+ 2.40ghz

2.00GB Ram

Nvida Geforce GTX 260

Creative SB X-Fi

1600x900 res

Main reg. key contains details about the installatio path. Why is could be missing on your system, honestly, I don't know, but that is the reason for patch installation problem.

no beta folders

looked in the registry using the regiedit under run

and found the Bis studios folder and had Arma

and then another folder same thing with arma and arma 2 folders

the Arma key is there just the reg_binary

no main reg_SZ though if that matters

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

I have Armed Assault Combat Operations DVD version.

patched to 1.14

OS is:

Windows Xp home edition

AMD Athlon 64 processor 3400+ 2.40ghz

2.00GB Ram

Nvida Geforce GTX 260

Creative SB X-Fi

1600x900 res

I've had the same message when I tried to install on the server with an earlier version, because I had removed arma.exe. It's worth checking whether arma.exe was renamed (e.g. to get crossfire working).

Main reg. key contains details about the installatio path. Why is could be missing on your system, honestly, I don't know, but that is the reason for patch installation problem.

Ok, so what should I do reinstall Arma and just repatch it?

Ok, so what should I do reinstall Arma and just repatch it?
Is arma.exe present in the folder that the game was installed in?

Will there be a FINAL Release for the 1.18 patch now, or is the RC now considered final and there won't be any other releases?

Hi, seems that the Release Candidate speaks by it self, is not the final patch but the release candidate; the final patch will have the fixes of the v1.18RC plus some more fixes depending on the feedback that BIS receive plus their own testing. Let's C ya

We consider this patch final but we mark it Release Candidate just in case some major problem is found.

He says they consider this RC as final, so there goes you "self-explanatory description". :rolleyes:

Warfare is still screwed up. You get a team status error message and a "options" message pops up in the middle of the screen. I have mentioned this before.

Can I put 1.14 back on top of 1.18 and go back to where I was. These issues were not in 1.14.

Edited by Pain-less

You should be able to copy the warfare.pbo from the 1.14 and overwrite the 1.18 warfare.pbo.

I don't really edit or mess with game files anyway since I'm no modder or mission maker, I drew this conclusion out of common sense :D I could be totally wrong though... :D

EDIT: Don't forget the warfare.pbo.bi.bisign, both files are in the Addons folder

As far as I see, this game is still the most buggy game ever.

Sorry, I ve really loved OFP, and I love ArmA, but I havent had a game with more bugs.

And the videos from the "Gamestar" Magazin, showed me that the only diference between ArmA 1.18 and Arma2 is the graphic.

The AI still doesnt deserve that "name", the physik engine is still "interesting"