Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 1 : beta patch 1.18.5278 RC (road to final) + feedback

As followup to announcement of plans for final patch

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=89728

now there is 1.18RC

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1516045&postcount=2

i setup BIKI entry about 1.17 beta patch (1.18 ones would be same) : http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_Beta_Patch_1.17

community site / mirror owners please add Your mirrors into the list , thanks

feel free to post feedback into this thread...

Edited by Dwarden

Being playing with 1.17 now for a few hours - definately fixed a few crash errors I was having (also fixed my occasional 'black screen' issue with @ACE !) - Many thanks & appreciation to BIS for sticking with the continuing proccess of improvements (now get busy on Arma2 :) !)

Thanks BIS!

You are quite unique in term of support.

You stand as a shiny example to all other commercial developer teams.

If we didn't live in an era where, in most of times, it's the mediocracy and the greed which are rewarded, I'd say that you would have a brilliant future ahead.

But you've the community and the community relies on you.

Thanks for all, from an "old" video gamer.

Edited by Von_Paulus

I must really say that this is the first time I see a game developer CEO pay so much personal attention into maintaining a community for their games and putting in so much effort to address issues when the sale has long been made. Great work. More CEOs need to be like Maruk.

System requirement states "ANY ORIGINAL VERSION OF ARMA 1.08" but we are already patched to 1.14 and that cannot be removed unless the game is removed. Please advise.

Is it required to disable/delete beta 1.16 before installing 1.17? Or can I leave it and just use the new exe?

Edit: Sorry, it looks like one should delete previous beta versions. I really need to read the fine print!

Edited by allthumbs
found answer

It should work exactly the same with both 1.08 and 1.14 as all files that are different between these two official versions are replaced in the beta anyway.

System requirement states "ANY ORIGINAL VERSION OF ARMA 1.08" but we are already patched to 1.14 and that cannot be removed unless the game is removed. Please advise.

how are the 1.17 linux server patch and the 1.17 windows server patch?

at me, was all good at 1.16 beta, but you missed the linux server patch 1.16beta.

i cant play 4-5 months on my favorite linux server!!!

and this was the my problem with bohemia and i doesnt buy arma 2.

"5278 - Fixed: Improved AI path planning when riding a bike"

I'm laughing hard.

Otherwise its a quite nice intention, since there are lot of small communities still playing ArmA 1 missions time to time and will do this for a long time now.

I am truly amazed how quiet the Armed Assault community is now. I was totally thinking that PMC releases wont get any notice because people just don't like them etc, but if Maruk the man behind BIS himself posts a new patch for ArmA and we get like just few replies ... that is bad.

Thank you BIS for the 1.17, it is much appreciated by me, going to develop one full mod using this patch. Thanks :)

my mate Viper still has his game crash on him, is there a command line that can tell ArmA to give a log or other useful info he can send to BIS for help in resulving the issue?

Good to see that BIS is still working on final version of Armed Assault!

Are the AI issues with bridges and narrowed roads/crossroads are solved or still under observation?

I am truly amazed how quiet the Armed Assault community is now. I was totally thinking that PMC releases wont get any notice because people just don't like them etc, but if Maruk the man behind BIS himself posts a new patch for ArmA and we get like just few replies ... that is bad.

Silence doesn't mean we do not appreciate it, we are just quietly appreciative of the patch and mods. But you would have to look at download numbers to find out to what extent. I have not had any problems with things the patch fixes so I have no need to comment, but that does not mean I do not welcome it.

my mate Viper still has his game crash on him, is there a command line that can tell ArmA to give a log or other useful info he can send to BIS for help in resulving the issue?

There should be dump files in the same folder the arma.rpt file is stored..

No problems with the patch this far here :)

4 hours into playing with the patch.

Didn't solve my foreground texture problem neither did it create any new ones. In fact, it felt exactly like 1.14... didn't felt any changes at all.

how are the the 1.17 beta server patches for linux and windows ?

i need only linux 1.17 dedicated server.

the most of arma 1 server are linux server.

that was the issue with 1.16beta, i cant never play the last 5 months.

my favorite server are all on linux.

Edited by BlackEagle1

Thanks for the patch. I will definitely test it.

I've not abandoned ArmA I at all. Just like I have never abandoned OFP! Still have it installed... why would I uninstall it when it's simply the best game I've ever had. Can't say the same about ArmA I but it definitely deserves much more playing and editing until I can say I am (probably) done with it.

Still doesn't work, another serious disappointment, hopefully the last one.

AIT HD4890

Vista 64bit

Newest ATI driver 9.9

New computer:

Quote:

hd4890 vapor x

8Gb Memory

Core I5 750

Vista 64bit

Still doesn't run on high end graphic cards! I posted a topic on this in troubleshooting but no help or support yet.

Is this ever gonna be solved!

Man, your rig has all the "problem parts" that has been reported all over this forum! hahahah... so do the new rig I am putting together... things like 64bit, high ram, high GPU, multi-core etc etc all seems problematic for ArmA.

I still get this error in Warfare, this error was also in 1.16

Script Common\Functions\Common_GetTeamStatus.sqf not found.

Also the word OPTIONS keeps popping up in the middle of the screen.

These errors do not occur in 1.14.

Wow, unbelievable!

BIS still cares about previous games.

This should be a headliner in all news if the media would work correct.

But they don't.

They depend on big advertising sponsors like EA and Codemasters, Microsoft etc. ..

Great thing, BIS, thank you.

I immediately implement that.

We will be reading the forums in next 1 or 2 weeks and hopefully make 1.17 the final official release for ARMA I very soon.

we are waiting.

2 weeks are passed.

and i hope for a 1.17 linux server patch !!!

thx

I just wanted let BI know that I just ordered the ARMA Gold Editon 4 days ago. I say that because I only really buy the games that I feel are perfect for me. So I wanted to say thanks for making such a great game BI and I hope you all release much much more! Cheers!

+1 to the thank-you for continuing to support the game, it is appreciated!

First impressions on testing the motorcycle AI pathfinding - hmm.

The bike AI seem to have the same problem that I do now on the bikes, and that is the steering/leaning does not go far enough, it locks too early - both of us get confident and go faster, then the bike will not steer or lean far enough and they spend more time off the road than on it - I know bikes very well in RL, and a bike will lean over and corner much more than this. Suggest trying to allow the bike to lean-over much further so that cornering works more strongly? The AI seem to need to react a bit quicker to over-steer in other situations too (zig-zag across road /\/\/\/\ )

The 'hitching' in the mouse input is better now - don't know how you managed it, but the mouse works smoothly again now on this quad-core x64 box - YAY! :yay:

No game crashes so far (still ATI 1950s here).

Will play with it some more and report back anything else of note.

Thanks again.

ArMo

Perhaps if they hadn't wasted so much time working on the voice communication we would have a much more stable product sooner AND with with proper linux dedicated servers. Once again BIS bites off more than they could chew instead of fixing the mess they already had.

Despite all the above grumbling I am happy to see 1.17 and played with it for a few hours the other day. Need more free time to really test it (and more servers with it!). We REALLY need the dedicated servers so we can finally see the rest of the community using all the SAME version.