Can we get an update for Arma3 please? Would be awesome SM !

+1

Thanks for this software!

Would be great to adapt it to A3!

+1

Thanks for this software!

Would be great to adapt it to A3!

+1 as well. I loved the simplicity yet full capabilities of Arma II Launcher. Please update for A3!

+1

Hope a result can be achieved. Collaborative would be good too !

Speaking to me the result is already achieved ;)

Edited by Major_Shepard

Another in support for an arma 3 version! This is my favorite launcher. It might not do all the automatic installing for easy server joining that pw6 does, but it's a lot easier on the eyes and doesn't hide options.

Is there a way to move an install from one computer to another without having to completely set up all the mod groups and mod load orders again? I looked for the config files in the usual places (Documents, AppData) but didn't see anything that looked like it was storing the mod orders or groups.

Is there a way to move an install from one computer to another without having to completely set up all the mod groups and mod load orders again? I looked for the config files in the usual places (Documents, AppData) but didn't see anything that looked like it was storing the mod orders or groups.

I guess that depends on what operating system you're using. Under Windows 7, you can find here:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Spirited Machine\ArmA II Launcher\1.4.1.0\Profiles

Here you should find folders for each profile, with .xml files for Addon_Order, Addon_Structure, and LaunchOptions

Edited by panther42

I guess that depends on what operating system you're using. Under Windows 7, you can find here:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Spirited Machine\ArmA II Launcher\1.4.1.0\Profiles

Here you should find folders for each profile, with .xml files for Addon_Order, Addon_Structure, and LaunchOptions

Excellent - thank you very much. A bit of search/replace for new path names and it worked perfectly!

It would be really nice if this was updated to include both arma3 and 2 at the same time. giving us a nice one stop shop! This arma launcher is far superior to its competition.

Today I am officially announcing that this software will not be developed any further. Thanks for all the support over the past (almost) 4 years. For those of you that haven't moved to Arma 3 yet, I hope it continues to work well for you. For those that have, I see that there are some new launchers out there that look great, such as the one from Major_Shepard.

I wish you all the best. :)

Thanks for your work mate and allowing me to port this to ArmA 3 ;)

Edited by Major_Shepard

/*Resolved - Got some other odd errors (like "Wrong Serial given in setup") so ripped A2L out; re-installed; everything's fine now.*/

Is anyone still monitoring this thread? After re-installing everything (upgraded to Win7) I created a group for my clan's server ... ACE and ACRE and a ton of other stuff ... as a test. Everything worked fine.

But just now, full stop.

I created another group to use as Basic. You know, CBA and other standard mods.

But I can't drag anything over to it!

For example just now I tried with @CBA ... it doesn't stick.

I picked another mod at random ... @isla_duala. Plop. No problem.

@jayarmalib ... no joy. @jsrs ... plop.

How can this be?

I just selected a whole bunch of mods on the left. Dragged them over to a new empty group on the right. Only a very small number of mods actually went into that group.

I can't for the life of me think of what's causing this.

Addendum: just created a new Profile. Created a new empty Group. Grabbed a bunch from the left and dragged them to the right ...

... they all included in the Group. So Groups in the new Profile work fine. Too weird!

TIA

Edited by Tremblay

Resolved. See above.

Edited by Tremblay

This has been asked a couple of times, in different places, but I haven't yet found any solutions that worked: is there any way I can use the Arma 2 Launcher without losing the Steam overlay? I play with a couple of people and we usually voice chat via Steam, but while I can hear the others when they chat the game doesn't register me pressing the Steam voice chat button, which apparently is linked to the overlay not working. (Arma 2 voice chat works, but it's patchy.)

This needs to be resurrected and updated to Arma3 .. yes we can get by, fooling it into thinking it is arma2, but still. Have pointed quite a few people towards it .... just amazingly simple to use.

Hey, sorry i'm late here.

Your launcher is only working method to launch Arma 2 CO on steam, but problem is Polish language in gaem has changed to english, and there is no way i can revert to polish. I'm using stable 1.62 as 1.63 have more error and bugs than features.

How to play multiplayer? When I launch the game with the launcher I can not access any server.

Apologies for reviving this ancient topic but does anyone have a working link for the launcher? All the links and mirrors as of 2022 are dead and I legit can't find any single working one. 😞

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: Nvm, managed to find the file, had to venture deeper into google and found it on some (dodgy looking) chinese website. 😄