It's a little hard to keep myself motivated considering I don't play anymore

Ooooh, that makes it tough !

But we really appreciated.

I also think that the 85,716 views this thread has seen are another major source of encouragement!

Been using this launcher since day 1. By far the easiest to use, IMO.

I'd love to see a "launch through steam" option. Not sure how difficult it'd be, but I know the beta got it's own steam launcher button to make it easier.

Bloody love this program, made my life so much easier, other than sometimes crashing, and losing its settings, take 1-2 mins to set up again, very easy to use. Would love it to be further supported.

Great tool passed this too many people that joined the clan is there a chance you could add the toh rearmed exe as well to make mods as easy as it is now for toh rearmed

The re-write is taking longer than I expected. I'm basically re-writing from scratch, so the code is much cleaner but of course it will take much longer than a copy/paste conversion. I'm going to have to take back my statement about releasing the updated build this weekend

It's a little hard to keep myself motivated considering I don't play anymore, but your kind words are nudging me along! :D

Take your time and please do carry on. I consider this launcher an essential tool for ARMA considering all the mods and permutations of the game.

The re-write is taking longer than I expected. I'm basically re-writing from scratch, so the code is much cleaner but of course it will take much longer than a copy/paste conversion. I'm going to have to take back my statement about releasing the updated build this weekend

It's a little hard to keep myself motivated considering I don't play anymore, but your kind words are nudging me along! :D

Take your time and please do carry on. I consider this launcher an essential tool for ARMA considering all the mods and petrmeatations in the game.

I agree. It's essential so I can't wait to get my hands on it, but equally, we do have a working, already class leading product in the original to keep us going.

I'm grateful that you are putting time and energy into this even though you don't actually play any more. Feel free to add a donate button in the launcher somewhere. :)

edit: There already is one! Clicking right now. (is the email address the paypal account still valid)

Hey guys, I made a new account here just to get some help with this issue I've been having.

So after a period of inactivity on ArmA 2 I decided to delete all my mods to make up some space but now that I'm back and have all the mods installed I still needed my launcher, turning to this trusty fellow again!

But when I'm about to install it I get an error saying:

"A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: C:\Windows\Installer\ArmA2Launcher-1_4_0_0.msi"

Can anyone help me out with this? It'd be really appreciated!

Great tool SpiritedMachine, simple and efficient, I love it!

Is there any way to sort the Available Addons alphabetically?

I have this program and love it. It made all the Steam BS much easier with Combined Operations. Here is my question. I have Deadfast Stance Indicator, which also requires Community Base Addons to run. So that was fine. I ran the CBAs in order before the stance indicator, no problem. Today I bought the DLC British Armed Forces and Private Military Company. They now show up in the available addons - but I don't know what order to run everything now. I see also as I chose to run the beta there is also a listing for expansion\beta\expansion. Here is the order I have them. Game seems to run ok. Is this the correct order? Thanks

top to bottom as on launcher-this is how the launcher set them up by default:

@cba

@cba_a2

@cba_oa

@dfs_stanceindicator

baf

expansion\beta\expansion

pmc

Edited by allthumbs

I have this program and love it. It made all the Steam BS much easier with Combined Operations. Here is my question. I have Deadfast Stance Indicator, which also requires Community Base Addons to run. So that was fine. I ran the CBAs in order before the stance indicator, no problem. Today I bought the DLC British Armed Forces and Private Military Company. They now show up in the available addons - but I don't know what order to run everything now. I see also as I chose to run the beta there is also a listing for expansion\beta\expansion. Here is the order I have them. Game seems to run ok. Is this the correct order? Thanks

top to bottom as on launcher-this is how the launcher set them up by default:

@cba

@cba_a2

@cba_oa

@dfs_stanceindicator

baf

expansion\beta\expansion

pmc

You don't have to launch the dlc's in the launcher, simply start CO that's what i do all the time. You install the DLC so it's always being launched. Also did you add the beta from the left "addon" window via drag and drop to to one of the groups on the right or did you check the box "launch beta" in launch options tab?

Yeah, leave baf and pmc as well as the beta where they are. For me I have to start ACR as a mod.

Your string in the parameters will look like this if you configured it correcly: "-mod=$your-install-path-for-Arma2$;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa;@..."

You don't have to launch the dlc's in the launcher, simply start CO that's what i do all the time. You install the DLC so it's always being launched. Also did you add the beta from the left "addon" window via drag and drop to to one of the groups on the right or did you check the box "launch beta" in launch options tab?

I dragged and dropped the beta from left side to a group on the right. I also checked "launch beta" as well. So you guys are saying all I need as a "group" to do this is the 3 cba's and the dfs stance indicator? I can leave the DLCs and beta alone?

First of all, thank you for this great utility!

I'm trying to use it but I get all sorts of graphical bugs in the menus, error messages and my settings doesn't seem to always save.

I checked if my .net installation is updated by using the following command line:

wmic /namespace:\\root\cimv2 path win32_product where "name like '%%.NET%%'" get version

and recieved this:

Version

A friend of mine has 4.0.30319 as well and has no problems with the launcher.

and about 3.5.30730.0 - I read some more and Microsoft say different versions of .net can coexist so I don't understand what could be wrong...

Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks in advance!

I dragged and dropped the beta from left side to a group on the right. I also checked "launch beta" as well. So you guys are saying all I need as a "group" to do this is the 3 cba's and the dfs stance indicator? I can leave the DLCs and beta alone?

Exactly...groups/right side ONLY for @addons. (Except ACR, but I don't know if this is common knowledge)

From http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters#Developer_Options

-beta=<string> Loads the specified beta sub-folders. Separated by semi-colons. Absolute path and multiple stacked folders are possible.

In Linux multiple folders arguments need the following separation syntax: -mod=betamod1\;betamod2\;betamod3

This allows use of beta build w/o disabling in-game mod/extension management (in UI menu).

Hello, I downloaded your launcher program and its seems really nice. But I've a problem about setting up. Im trying to drag avaiable mod to addon groups section but nothing happens. Nothing seen in Addon/Mods - Group 1 section. Wont worked. I tried everything but still have same problem. All launch options done properly I guess. Please help me out. Thank you. Regards.

Did you right-click the Right-Hand side Group window and ADD GROUP ?

Then drag left to right into to that group

Try adding another group under the first group, then drag

Do you even have the cursor change shape when you click on the left and start to drag?

I apologize if this has already been covered, but I haven't found anything using the search bar. Is there a way to get the Arma II launched by Arma II Launcher to have the Steam overlay as well?