Run A2 and OA separately from steam at least once, then use the launcher.

I had the CBA and The I44 mods in both the ARMA2 and the ARMA2 OA folders. I deleted the ones in the OA folder and it worked.

Hello, Your launcher is great i think its the best I've tried.. been using it for a while now.

However i have just moved my modfolders to a different HDD to try and improve load times by splitting the load on my HDD but i have run into what feels like a solid wall which i have tried to get past.

Before when i had my modfolders in my OA folder my mod line in the launcher would look something like this.

"-mod=D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;@mod1;@mod2;@mod3;@mod4;@mod5......

now it looks like this...

"-mod=D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;F:\ArmA Addons\@mod1;F:\ArmA Addons\@mod2;F:\ArmA Addons\@mod3;F:\ArmA Addons\@mod4;F:\ArmA Addons\@mod5......

as you can see the mod line is now considerable longer cause it keeps repeating the path before the @folder.

*Is it possible for you to make it so that it like the first way again?

Having the path repeated there leads to the launcher crashing with an error message when i try and launch the game, i have shortened the path down to the bare minimum (@folders in the HDD drive doesn't work i get a error message when i try to select the HDD *F:\@mod1* @folders has to be in a folder) but even at the minimum once the @mods build up its wasting lots of characters that can be used.

I might be missing somethings here but i use Six-updater, now its a great software too for keeping things up to date etc but it makes you have loads of single @folders and they can't be altered or Six wont recognize them/can't update them so you can't make @folders like @Vehicles @Units @Helos_Planes etc where you can bundle up some of your mods.

If you could fix/update your launcher so that it makes the mod line like this "-mod=D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;@mod1;@mod2;@mod3;@mod4;@mod5...... regardless of where the mods are located that would be great as i like that i can group up the @folders in your launcher and pick which @folders/groups to run via the check box.

Thanks in advance.

Before when i had my modfolders in my OA folder my mod line in the launcher would look something like this.

"-mod=D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;@mod1;@mod2;@mod3;@mod4;@mod5......

now it looks like this...

"-mod=D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;F:\ArmA Addons\@mod1;F:\ArmA Addons\@mod2;F:\ArmA Addons\@mod3;F:\ArmA Addons\@mod4;F:\ArmA Addons\@mod5......

as you can see the mod line is now considerable longer cause it keeps repeating the path before the @folder.

*Is it possible for you to make it so that it like the first way again?

If the mods are somewhere other than the Arma2 or OA directory, the entire path has to be there, or the game doesn't know where to look to load them. It has nothing to do with the launcher itself, that's just the way it has to be.

If the mods are somewhere other than the Arma2 or OA directory, the entire path has to be there, or the game doesn't know where to look to load them. It has nothing to do with the launcher itself, that's just the way it has to be.

Is it possible for you too fix the error message when the modline reaches a certain characters in length? (The whole modline is still all there in the launcher).

Also the error when trying to select the HDD (X:\) for the location of the mod folders? as this will lead to the shortest path possible.

Thanks in advance

Hi SpiritedMachine,

Do you know of any reason why MSI afterburner does not detect ARMA2 running when launched with your launcher. If I launch directly from the .exe or a direct shortcut to it, it works fine as it should. Just doesnt in my case at least through the launcher?

Here is another thread detailing the problem more or less.

Thanks

Frosty

I'm getting a new problem. My addons are not being used in the game any more, note the addon selection list, the parameters that do NOT list the addons, and the reported locations of the addons:

ArmALauncher1.jpg

ArmALauncher2.jpg

ArmALauncher3.jpg

I note that this problem started after I renamed my old ArmA2 folder yesterday after migrating my install to another drive a few weeks back. I had some doubts when I couldn't see any evidence of removing one or two PBO files from addon suites (SLX) but that the whole addon suite would go if I deselected the entire folder within ArmA 2 Game Launcher. It seems that, despite the app telling me where the addons are, it's still using the old ones in the old location.

S: is the correct drive location BTW :)

Odd thing is: I can edit the mod folders in the S: (correct) location and see that reflected in the mod folder list in the app. It's just not adding the mods to the parameters any more.

*EDIT*

Removing them manually from the Addon Groups list then adding them back again seems to have woken them up :)

The problem must remain however that the old addon locations must have been referenced and that I lost them when I renamed the old install folder. For several weeks I must have been playing with the old mod folder locations being used on the right hand side Addon Groups list, while the left hand Available Addons seemed to reflect the new location.

Edited by DMarkwick

This problem was posted before and he said he might fix it in the future. Until then if you move/rename your files you need to delete and re-add the mod folders into the mod groups.

This problem was posted before and he said he might fix it in the future. Until then if you move/rename your files you need to delete and re-add the mod folders into the mod groups.

Rgr dat :)

I'm having a weird problem with the launcher all of a sudden. I launch it, but it never comes up. It's showing as an active program in my Win7 launch bar, but when I click on it to maximize it, nothing happens. I can see a preview of it though.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times now, as well as repairing it from the installer. Not sure what I did to screw this up.

Any help?

errorhz.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Really simple fix. click on the arrow in the bottom right corner, in the start bar. You will see Arma launcher listed as a running program. Right click the program icon and "reset window position". Should fix your problem.

6-2-20119-11-35PM.png

One of our mates has arma2 and OA as steam version. I have no clue about launching addons with steam version. Dear SM , is it possible to launch them also with this launcher? And is it also working, like for stock DVD Version, if you put @Addonxy into the arma directory and it works? Any help appreciated

One of our mates has arma2 and OA as steam version. I have no clue about launching addons with steam version. Dear SM , is it possible to launch them also with this launcher? And is it also working, like for stock DVD Version, if you put @Addonxy into the arma directory and it works? Any help appreciated

Yes it works for any type of installation as long as you select the correct executable when it asks you the first time you run it.

I have no issues with the launcher, but I have a question or feature request.

I am running the Steam version of the game (A2, OA, DLC) and the launcher works as it should, but

ingame do not work when I use the launcher to start the game.

When I tell steam to create a desktop icon for, eg, Arma 2 its put up as a shortcut with the info linking to Web documents tab and

URL: steam://rungameid/33910

Is there any way I can manipulate the launcher so that "Steam works" works ingame again?

--------------------------------

Edit:

I can "sort of" do it now. It dosent work with mods, but its possible to adapt the launcher to do it.

What you have to do is to link the exe files to Steam.exe instead of the Arma2 or OA exe files.

Then in addition options, which are different to each game you add -applaunch 33930 (OA).

Dont know if the betas have a Steam launch id, if not its not possible I would recon.

Anyway, the issue is that the -applaunch 33930 needs to be in front of the rest, while the launcher ads it at the end.

A proper normal Steam works desktop shortcut with mods would read something like:

Target line in Shortcut: "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 -nosplash -mod=Expansion;@acexsm;@jsrs-v;@fallujah

OA:

-applaunch 33930

A2:

-applaunch 33910

CO:

-applaunch ?????

Edited by JojoTheSlayer

Just make a link to the launcher in Steam.

Gameslist > Add a game .. etc

CO:

-applaunch 33930 (same as OA), but:

"-mod=C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;@acexsm;@jsrs-v;@fallujah"

Keep in mind that if A2 is not on steam, you need to adjust the path accordingly.

Also note that steam has a limit to how long the command line can be, while the launcher does not, and there is no workaround for that, other than what zeep suggested, but it'll show as if you're playing Arma Launcher rather than actual Arma, which may or may not be what you're looking for. Your command line, though, should be short enough so you can just use the mod line I wrote.

Some more useful parameters that you should probably run: -world=empty -showscripterrors -skipintro

Just make a link to the launcher in Steam.

Gameslist > Add a game .. etc

Thanks, thats the result I wanted.

At first I didnt understand what you meant. So I will just plot it down in simpler terms as well for others. :)

Steam window_Games tab_Add a none Steam game to my Library

There you just add the Arma 2 Launcher. When you run that from Steam Libraries you start the launcher as normal where you can select stuff, but once you start the game via the launcher Start button you will keep Steam works ingame (Shift+tab).

was a manual ever released for this very useful launcher?

im having problems joining servers. i have a combined arms installation but the servers keep saying bad version.

when i click on server i get the activate mods option. i click yes and it says arma2+OA executable not found even though i have the exe files listed in the launcher.

also,

my understanding of installing mods is this. i place the mod folder in my arma2 folder. i then open the launcher, open the addons tab and drag the mod over to the group folder. when i then tick the mod box it alters the shortcut, clicking the start button will load the game with mods? do i have that right?

if this is correct then whats the create shortcut option for?

ps,

lol ok my head is fried now. im tryin to install the ASR AI mod and it has a keys and user config file. do i just dump them in the main arma 2 folder as well and enable with the launcher?

Edited by tony1977

The userconfig goes into your Userconfig folder inside your Arma mainfolder. Keys are only important if you host a server. Create shortcut creates a shortcut on your desktop with the current mod setup.

[feature request]

Hey SM, is it possible to get the launcher to look for and launch the TOH community preview as well?

[/feature request]

my Arma Launcher does not see all the addons? I miss something?

my Arma Launcher does not see all the addons? I miss something?

Make sure you click over onto the 2nd tab to refresh the list there, then any new addons should be options on the first tab.

is it normal to be unable to use the steam overlay or even alt tab out while using this launcher? after i tried to alt tab the only way out was a hard boot.

im running CO.