Hey, downloaded your little tool and it looks great.

Got some issues with it.

I think -maxmem was increased some time ago. To 4096 with A2OA, but not sure on that one.

-exThreads= should also be implemented.

I can't choose a profile from some other place. I got my profiles under "C:\A2F" folder.

With A2:OA v1.59 you don't need to add BAF and PMC as an addon. Just so you know.

I diden't get how you added addons to the groups, but I haven't read the manual yet.

Keep up the good work mate!

Here is one, at 1st 3 of the Units were missing, I checked and 2 did not had the addons folder fixed those..one had Addons folder with a CAP A, changed to LOWER A and it showed up..still have the one hold out I cant figure why its not showing up?

attachment.php?attachmentid=11524&d=1303432548

Lose the versions numbers like1.4whatever and that should clear it up.

Gday SpiritedMachine,

I use your launcher exclusively, thanks for making my life much easier. I have some questions and possible problems however.

1). Running game as administrator. Is it possible to do this with your launcher. The issue I have is that battleEye doesn't seem to update unless you launch the game as administrator? I have been kicked from at least one server due to battleEye not being able to be updated.

2). In the favorites server section, if you try arrow down your favourites before it has pinged the server and listed the information, it throws an unhandled exeption error on my machine. If you select 'No' or Cancel' it bombs you out of the launcher. Not sure if this is specific to my machine. See the spoiler below for error details.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.InvalidOperationException: This BackgroundWorker is currently busy and cannot run multiple tasks concurrently.

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.RunWorkerAsync(Object argument)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.RunWorkerAsync()

at ARMA2_Launcher.Main_Form.FavoritesList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WmReflectNotify(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5444 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

ARMA2 Launcher

Assembly Version: 1.4.1.0

Win32 Version: 1.4.1.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Games/Bohemia%20Interactive/Spirited%20Machine/ArmA%20II%20Launcher/ARMA2%20Launcher.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Deployment

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

System.Data

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

error2.jpg

Once again, thanks for the great work, perhaps these issues are specific to my machine somehow. Anyway, your help would be much appreciated.

System Spec:

Windows 7 Enterprise

E8400 Core 2 Duo

HD5850

4 Gb ram

1Tb Sata HD

Thanks

Frosty

Edited by Rough Knight

Here is one, at 1st 3 of the Units were missing, I checked and 2 did not had the addons folder fixed those..one had Addons folder with a CAP A, changed to LOWER A and it showed up..still have the one hold out I cant figure why its not showing up?

attachment.php?attachmentid=11524&d=1303432548

In the launcher i see that you got @ace & co. , where are these folders located on your computer??

they are in the base folder for Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\

Look at the top of the image you can see the path

they are in the base folder for Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\

Look at the top of the image you can see the path

Why don't you put the other addons also in the main arrowhead folder instead of doing MODS_units or MODS_island.. i don't know about steam, but normally @XY (name of addon) MUST be in main arma2/arrowhead folder , as you can see the launcher recognizes your ace stuff, cause its located in the main arrowhead folder.. do that also with the other addons, and create your island and unit groups in the launcher itself ..

if you do righclick under your 21 cw group in the launcher, do a new one, rename it to island for example, and the drag and drop the @lingor , @duala (example) into that group. that should work..

i think the launcher can't handle it, if you have a parent folder like your MODS-units and in there you got @armyUS or whatever.. try that out

EDIT: somebody who is familiar with launching steam addons should raise the finger, i can only tell about non-steam...just for your info

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

I had it that way before and had the same issues, it has nothing to do with Steam at all. Its just for what ever reason some mods dont show up in this launcher, I downloaded another launcher that has less features than this one has and all mods show up in that one...got me :)

I had it that way before and had the same issues, it has nothing to do with Steam at all. Its just for what ever reason some mods dont show up in this launcher, I downloaded another launcher that has less features than this one has and all mods show up in that one...got me :)

well i link you to that thread, which explains the addon thing in 3 videos..maybe check that out http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=116501

I always do it that way, and it always works for me. And his launcher is really good

make sure your mod folders have an "addons" subfolder in them.

They will not be recognized otherwise.

You can have mods in any folder. Of course anything that should be in "addons" needs to be in an "addons" folder inside the mod folder you are running with the launcher/shortcut, which fore most addons is true for all pbo files.

You can even have mods outside the game folder and activate them with direct path, but that's really just over-complicating things with no real benefit. But if you really want, you can easily have mod folders inside mod folders and afaik the launcher will recognize them just like any other mod folder.

Quick question.

I have the non-steam (boxed) version of arma2 CO, so i installed both arma2 then OA in the same folder. I then installed your launcher and selected "ArmA II CO" in the combobox "Game version"... It launch fine but i get multiple arma 2 in the expansions sub-menu. Will it cause problems ? Do i need to select CO as the game version or am i already in CO mode by just starting OA?

Sry for the dumb question, i guess i expected "combined operation" to be written somewhere in the game...

Tucker

Quick question.

I have the non-steam (boxed) version of arma2 CO, so i installed both arma2 then OA in the same folder. I then installed your launcher and selected "ArmA II CO" in the combobox "Game version"... It launch fine but i get multiple arma 2 in the expansions sub-menu. Will it cause problems ? Do i need to select CO as the game version or am i already in CO mode by just starting OA?

Sry for the dumb question, i guess i expected "combined operation" to be written somewhere in the game...

Tucker

I just select OA and it loads CO as well... should work fine for you as well.

It launch fine but i get multiple arma 2 in the expansions sub-menu. Will it cause problems ? Do i need to select CO as the game version or am i already in CO mode by just starting OA?

For whatever reason, it is normal for Arma 2 to show up twice. For me the expansions menu reads this way if I have no mods selected and run with CO selected:

• Arma 2: British Armed Forces (Lite)
  • Arma 2: Private Military Company (Lite)
  • arma 2
  • Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
  • Arma 2

Long story short, you don't have to worry about it. When you play with mods by using a launcher, the expansions menu in the game is disabled.

------

I just select OA and it loads CO as well... should work fine for you as well.

I would like to see how you have the launcher set up. What does the mod string show if you have all mods turned off and game type set to OA? Normal operation shouldn't load Arma 2 content if OA is selected. I just tested it here and it only loads OA content.

Edited by SpiritedMachine

I would like to see how you have the launcher set up. What does the mod string show if you have all mods turned off and game type set to OA? Normal operation shouldn't load Arma 2 content if OA is selected. I just tested it here and it only loads OA content.

"-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -nosplash -showScriptErrors 

"-mod=Expansion" -nosplash -showScriptErrors 

It's always worked like that for me. DVD/Sprocket installs...

EDIT - Why would it just load OA anyways? For example just clicking on the arma2oa.exe loads CO. I would have to have separate install folders to separate Arma II and OA... right?

Long day, this is processing slowly in my brain...

Edited by Mosh
more...

"-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -nosplash -showScriptErrors 

"-mod=Expansion" -nosplash -showScriptErrors 

It's always worked like that for me. DVD/Sprocket installs...

Hmm, same as what mine shows. And you're saying that loads Arma 2 content, like Chernarus and Utes maps? That's odd.

The launcher has never really proven to be bug-free, so maybe it's not that odd after all. lol

Yep Chernarus, Utes...

EDIT - Now don't you run off and fix anything! I like the way it works now... :)

Edited by Mosh
more

Launcher or no launcher, Is it even possible to load OA standalone if you have A2 and OA installed into the same folder? As far as I know it's kinda like you just threw a mod into your addons folder - You can't disable it no matter what launch parameters you use...

Maybe that's also why A2 is showing twice? One time because it's part of the default game folder and another because you ran it as a mod on top of everything?

Launcher or no launcher, Is it even possible to load OA standalone if you have A2 and OA installed into the same folder? As far as I know it's kinda like you just threw a mod into your addons folder - You can't disable it no matter what launch parameters you use...

Maybe that's also why A2 is showing twice? One time because it's part of the default game folder and another because you ran it as a mod on top of everything?

Yeah I didn't think about that. I have A2 and OA installed in different directories, both from Steam. If you have everything in one folder that would do it.

The GUI doesn't show up ,it keeps in minimized condition , althought i already click it

, i don't know why , but i already use this & works perfectly , any suggestion ?

Friend of mine had that problem. Reinstalling the launcher seemed to have fixed it.

Norton tags the launcher as trojan Suspicious.Cloud.2

Anyone else get this in other antivirus products?

edit: Christ any way to get this thing to load the non-lite versions of BAF and PMC? Selecting OA causes it to load expansions... or maybe I am just confused?

edit2: Nevermind. Just set the ArmAII exe as OA and it's good. Stupid, but works.

Edited by Mr.Peanut
uranus

The GUI doesn't show up ,it keeps in minimized condition , althought i already click it

, i don't know why , but i already use this & works perfectly , any suggestion ?

it's a bug, but in the new versions of the launcher, you can right-click on the tray icon, and hit restore window or something like that. That'll fix it :)

For me, it's simply the most efficient and intuitive launcher I've ever used. The mod folder organiser is fantastic. The fact you can launch "ArmA 2" and "Operation Arrowhead" separately or "Combined Operations" makes things very handy. In addition you have a server browser which is quite useful.

Armalauncher.jpg

Whenever I try to launch any of the Arma versions (2, OA, or CO) with the launcher and @CBA and @I44 as mods I get this:

Arma2launcherserial.jpg