I can't get the programme to work properly. When I select to go to an online server, I check the box for the appropriate addons and then start the game. However, the server will kick me off since it says I do not have the required addons. Furthermore, if I double-click on the server in the launcher and it asks whether I want to "activate server mods" I click yes and it says I don't have the mods in question!

See here:

armaiilauncher.jpg

I've made sure the addons are activated. So when I attempt to join the XR-DAO server for instance. The parameter line reads: "-mod=Expansion;g:\bohemia interactive\arma 2;@xrip" -nosplash -world=empty -connect=178.63.21.198 -port=2300

Then when I tried to run the game, I received this message:

armaiilauncher2.jpg

I've encountered the message before when I first tried ArmA II Launcher 3.1.1 by alpinestars. However, the mod order was to blame there as the "Expansion" folder wasn't the first to be loaded. However, the mod order is correct here.

;1847602']I can't get the programme to work properly. When I select to go to an online server' date=' I check the box for the appropriate addons and then start the game. However, the server will kick me off since it says I do not have the required addons. Furthermore, if I double-click on the server in the launcher and it asks whether I want to "activate server mods" I click yes and it says I don't have the mods in question![/quote']

Having the launcher activate server mods rarely works, unfortunately. It compares the modfolder names instead of the contents, because I don't have access to the contents of the server modfolders. For example @xrip compared to @xrip2011. They may be the same mod in reality, but the launcher sees a difference in the names.

As far as the error message thrown by the game itself, I've seen it happen when the startup parameters string was formatted incorrectly, had a semicolon at the end, etc. But yours appears to be fine, so I'm not sure what it causing that. I don't know that it has to do with the launcher at all.

I've figured out the problem. I have a desktop shortcut for "ArmA II: OA". In its target line, it reads: "G:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2OA.exe" "-mod=G:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;G:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion" -nosplash -world=empty

Firstly, I receive the above error messages when the "ArmA 2" folder is loaded before the "Expansion" folder. Now with me, the first mod to be loaded is the first one on the right part of the ' mod string' not the left. It doesn't make sense to me but that's how it's working for me. The problem is with your launcher, the parmeter line reads: "-mod=Expansion;g:\bohemia interactive\arma 2;expansion" -nosplash -world=empty

The "Expansion" folder only activates for me if the full target path is specified. I added the "Expansion" folder to the addon groups (hence why it appears twice in the above parameter) but its target line still reads simply as "Expansion" and not "G:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion" as it should on my system.

Addendum -- I didn't realise that I needed to select my game version as "ArmA II - CO". I started the game up, however when I check my expansion menu in-game. I have two entries of "ArmA 2"? My parameter line reads: "-mod=G:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca" -nosplash -world=empty . Regarding being able to join servers. The ones I tried did work so all the mods folders have loaded properly.

Edited by [General Nuisance]

Server browser cannot find 1.57 servers. It lists only 1.08 arma servers. Is this normal?

Ok.. today it shows all servers again... strange..

Haha, I used this launcher for a while now and I never noticed the Server Browser. :) Shame on me. I haven't done much MP though. This will help.

If my silly friends can get mods running with this launcher, using various combinations of Arma 2 and OA distributions (Steam A2 + OA, disc A2 + Steam OA, sprocket, etc) - It's a sign that this launcher is awesome! :thumb:

Today again, two games normally, and then only 1.08 and older games. Im playing with 64 bit windows, and seems its something to do wit ping timeout. 108 servers come almoust as quick when I open the list, but when it works properly it finds many servers more.

it is a great tool when it works, but when i try to run it it starts up but the actual window doesnt come up when i double click it to run it. anybody know how to fix this???

it is a great tool when it works, but when i try to run it it starts up but the actual window doesnt come up when i double click it to run it. anybody know how to fix this???

Right-click on the icon in the system tray and click reset window position if you can't see the window.

ive tried it but didnt work, but ive found how to solve it. i went right click on the desktop icon and go to properties, than go where it says Run (not sure if its that one, language is in dutch) and then click on maximized and that worked for me so far. hope it stays like this aswell :D

Hi, i adore your launcher, i really do, but i cant use it, because need to run arma2.exe with higher process priority and i didnt find such an option. Is it planned to the future? :)

Thanks.

I have windows XP SP2 and can't install because it's missing .NET 4 or something. Normally i like to install as less MS software possible, apart from the OS. What else will .NET4 do to my OS when installed?

Currently i have .NET v2 installed.

I don't know exactly, but it is definitely used by more than just this launcher. In any case this launcher works with all versions of the game perfectly, so it is highly recommended for anyone who has difficulty writing a working command line.

I have windows XP SP2 and can't install because it's missing .NET 4 or something. Normally i like to install as less MS software possible, apart from the OS. What else will .NET4 do to my OS when installed?

Currently i have .NET v2 installed.

.NET is more or less a part of the OS. It's not a running application or anything that will clog your system. The launcher requires 3.5, but 4 should work also, it is the most recent version that MS has released. And especially if you have .NET 2 installed already, there is really no reason to avoid a newer version simply because it's a Microsoft product.

Launcher crashes when trying to start arma2 and run beta checkbox is selected.

Of course when I don't have beta for vanilla arma2.

************** Exception Text **************

System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start process because a file name has not been provided.

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()

at ARMA2_Launcher.Main_Form.StartButton_Click()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

ARMA2 Launcher

Assembly Version: 1.4.1.0

Win32 Version: 1.4.1.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Spirited%20Machine/ArmA%20II%20Launcher/ARMA2%20Launcher.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Deployment

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

hello

I started to have issues a week or so ago also. Before that this was fine and ive not found another launcher as useful.

Shame as Ive only just got back into Arma2.

Steam Versions (a2 + OA)

win 7 x64

Edit:

hold on something strange gas happened.... seems to be funcitioning again, after a week or so of net errors. odd.

Ill post any info i find.

rgds

L

Edited by orlok

hello

I started to have issues a week or so ago also. Before that this was fine and ive not found another launcher as useful.

Shame as Ive only just got back into Arma2.

Steam Versions (a2 + OA)

win 7 x64

Edit:

hold on something strange gas happened.... seems to be funcitioning again, after a week or so of net errors. odd.

Ill post any info i find.

rgds

L

The error message said that access was denied to a particular folder. I don't think it was a problem with the launcher but there must have been some kind of issue with file/folder permissions on your system, maybe to do with being logged in as an administrator.

Hi SM, I use your launcher all the time and it's always worked fine, so thanks for that :)

Only one issue so far, that I came across last night. I fitted an SSD drive and migrated the ArmA2 folder across to it, and then tried to arrange the launcher to point all the paths to the relevent new locations, which in practise simply meant changing E: drive for S: drive. I quickly found that I couldn't simply change that with the keyboard so I manually browsed to the new location, but then found that the locations are not saved unless the game is actually started.

Also, the mod locations don't seem to have changed unless I then quit the game and restart again.

It's just a little thing, and possibly has already been fixed (I think I'm possibly using an older version) I mean how often do people migrate their installs? But I thought I would report it :)

As far as I noticed you need to remove the folders from the "right" side and re-add them after you re-locate the game folder, or else stuff won't work...

But other than that, an awesome launcher indeed. I think it's the only one that actually works pretty much flawlessly for all versions of the game.

GREAT app, thank you....Question

What would cause addons/mods from not showing up at all?

I use the Steam version, under the Operation Arrowhead folder I have folders called

MODS_ISLANDS

MODS_AIRCRAFT ect...

I just down load the mods, put them in these folders based on what they are

The mods are in folders like @Fallujah(1.1) and then under Addons

Many of these I see with in the launcher just fine then I have many that dont show up at all? What am I doing wrong?

Only one issue so far, that I came across last night. I fitted an SSD drive and migrated the ArmA2 folder across to it, and then tried to arrange the launcher to point all the paths to the relevent new locations, which in practise simply meant changing E: drive for S: drive. I quickly found that I couldn't simply change that with the keyboard so I manually browsed to the new location, but then found that the locations are not saved unless the game is actually started.

Also, the mod locations don't seem to have changed unless I then quit the game and restart again.

As far as I noticed you need to remove the folders from the "right" side and re-add them after you re-locate the game folder, or else stuff won't work...

But other than that, an awesome launcher indeed. I think it's the only one that actually works pretty much flawlessly for all versions of the game.

That's something I wasn't aware of/didn't think about. I'll look into fixing that. Thanks for letting me know.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

GREAT app, thank you....Question

What would cause addons/mods from not showing up at all?

I use the Steam version, under the Operation Arrowhead folder I have folders called

MODS_ISLANDS

MODS_AIRCRAFT ect...

I just down load the mods, put them in these folders based on what they are

The mods are in folders like @Fallujah(1.1) and then under Addons

Many of these I see with in the launcher just fine then I have many that dont show up at all? What am I doing wrong?

Could you show a screenshot of your file structure, down to where these addons are? Sounds like maybe the file structure isn't quite right.

The launcher searches inside of your arma 2 or arma 2 operation arrowhead folders for addon folders that contain a subfolder called "Addons". The PBOs, etc would be contained in that folder. If it doesn't contain a subfolder called "Addons", it doesn't get added to the list.

Like this:

AddonFileStructure.png

Here is one, at 1st 3 of the Units were missing, I checked and 2 did not had the addons folder fixed those..one had Addons folder with a CAP A, changed to LOWER A and it showed up..still have the one hold out I cant figure why its not showing up?

attachment.php?attachmentid=11524&d=1303432548

Here is one, at 1st 3 of the Units were missing, I checked and 2 did not had the addons folder fixed those..one had Addons folder with a CAP A, changed to LOWER A and it showed up..still have the one hold out I cant figure why its not showing up?

That's strange. Whether Addons is capitalized or not shouldn't matter, I know I have some capitalized and some not, but they all show up. I'll try to recreate those folders on my machine and see what happens.