Just wanted to say thanks for making the launcher.

I use it all the time, saves having endless shortcuts on my desktop.

Thanks again

Thanks, its a very very usefull tool, I have like 30+ addons in the arma folder o.O

Awesome!

Hello folks,

Enjoying the Launcher..?

It rock's very handy this one, and i have something to ad in this launcher...

Is it possible to get the editor launched also with this Tool...?

I mean, instead of launching the game, you make a feature that launches the Editor??

With the mods and all that, Makes life easy for the Editor guy's, and me 2 :)

So, The finishing touch, Make a litle feature that it launches the editor the same way as it launches the game or the host game feature...???

Is that possible..?

U have a brother in arms over here buddy!!!

Thanks for this cool thing, at last i can play all that i want, edit all that i want on the fly

No more needs for getting the startup string on...

Just missing that Editor thingy that save's time...

Mac out...

Hi

Decided to uninstall completely including deleting both folders, then reinstall. Heh, it now [mostly] works, no idea why :)

However ther still seems to be one or two issues with how the launcher detects modfolders.

Firstly, it does not detect some modfolders at all - @Landtex, @gdtmod_anti_tank_grenade_launcher_ironsights, @gdtmod_nvgoggles for examples. Has anyone else encountered this?

Secondly - I don't know if it's related - the launcher lists mods only in semi-alphabetical order; for example @Infantry_Armor & the BMD-1 pack which is @o915 both appear at the bottom of the list after @zeu_ai & @zp5_at_fix.

By the way, you might want to update the first picture in the manual - there isn't a "Load addons" check box any more & emphasise in the text that the top-level box

"Addons / mods" must be checked or the game will launch as vanilla irrespective of what boxes are checked lower in the hierarchy.

Again, thanks for all your work on this. Launching almost all combinations is now vastly easier than any other solution I've tried :)

Now, if only there was a way to automatically detect what addons a mission or campaign absolutely required to run - e.g., sap_everon or Namalsk - life would be perfect... ;-)

BR carl

Hi again

Found a workaround for the 'missing' addons issue, in case anyone else has the same problem.

Close the launcher & go to the folder (in XP Pro 32, no idea where it would be in W7, etc.):

C:\Documents and Settings\User name\Application Data\Spirited Machine\ArmA II Launcher\1.4.0.0\Profiles\Default

& look for the file Addon_Order.xml

&, (after backing it up) use Notepad to open the original file.

This starts:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<AddonOrder xmlns="urn:addons-schema">

<Visible>

<Addon Path="g:\arma ii">arma ii</Addon>

<Addon Path="g:\arma ii\@a2warmod">@a2warmod</Addon>

<Addon Path="g:\arma ii\@ace">@ace</Addon>

<Addon Path="g:\arma ii\@acex">@acex</Addon>

<Addon Path="g:\arma ii\@asr">@asr</Addon>

<Addon Path="g:\arma ii\@cba">@cba</Addon>

<Addon Path="g:\arma ii\@cba_a2">@cba_a2</Addon>

<Addon Path="g:\arma ii\@jtd">@jtd</Addon>

& goes on to list all the addons the launcher has detected, ending

<Addon Path="g:\arma ii\@six_aiaktalik">@six_aiaktalik</Addon>

<Addon Path="g:\arma ii\@tcp_rf">@tcp_rf</Addon>

</Visible>

<Hidden />

</AddonOrder>

NB: there are actually 4 spaces at the start of each line but the BI Forum editor removes them. To be safe, ensure any lines you insert/edit have those spaces.

I couldn't 'persuade' the launcher to find @VFladder so I inserted a line thus:

<Addon Path="g:\arma ii\@six_aiaktalik">@six_aiaktalik</Addon>

<Addon Path="g:\arma ii\@tcp_rf">@tcp_rf</Addon>

<Addon Path="g:\arma ii\@VFladder">@VFladder</Addon>

</Visible>

<Hidden />

</AddonOrder>

saved the file (as .xml, not .txt!), closed it, & restarted the launcher.

Hey presto, @VFladder is now in the list, can be added to groups, and functions properly.

If anyone is fussy enough (not me!), it would be simple - but tedious - to cut & paste in the list so addons appear in true alphabetical order.

This is indeed a really excellent launcher :yay:

Cheers

Carl

Edited by Carl_D

After reformatting, I though I'd give this one a try again. To my surprise I still cannot drag and drop addons into groups. When I do that, nothing happens.

I have Steam OA, and DVD ArmA 2. I really want to use this launcher as it's the best one for CO. Any help is appreciated.

Launcher still working just fine for me after the patch Spirited Machine!

I noticed this amongst the new patch changelog items...

New: Expansions possibly registered in Windows Registry (by some future setups) are loaded and available through ModLauncher. When used with -mod commandline the prefix '%' should be used, such as -mod=%someInstalledMod.

Haven't found any further documentation about that so far... doesn't seem to be affecting things launcherwise tho...

B

Thanks for the great addon! I've set it up with one of my friends who's new to computers/arma2 and it's definitely made it life easier!

I do have one quick issue to point out though. I'm running the Steam versions of Arma2 and Arma2OA+BAF (each purchased separately, etc) and here's what happens.

If I have installed a beta patch and set the launcher up to run the beta, the game loads just fine outside of steam. Which it great, because this means I can deactivate steam if I don't need to use it for something else and save on resources.

HOWEVER, when I set the launcher to *not* run the beta, the launcher starts steam and attempts to launch the game in steam. And what happens is the game never actually starts. I see the Steam dialogue box that says "Preparing to launch Arma 2:Operation Arrowhead..." The cancel button is grayed out and I have to close the window by hitting the X in the top right corner. I've waited for 5 minutes and the game never actually starts, I remain at the desktop with the notification.

Does this happen to anyone else? Ideally, I'd like for the launcher to still launch the game separately from Steam (as it does w the beta patch) if at all possible.

Thanks again for all your hard work! =)

Thanks for the great addon! I've set it up with one of my friends who's new to computers/arma2 and it's definitely made it life easier!

I do have one quick issue to point out though. I'm running the Steam versions of Arma2 and Arma2OA+BAF (each purchased separately, etc) and here's what happens.

If I have installed a beta patch and set the launcher up to run the beta, the game loads just fine outside of steam. Which it great, because this means I can deactivate steam if I don't need to use it for something else and save on resources.

HOWEVER, when I set the launcher to *not* run the beta, the launcher starts steam and attempts to launch the game in steam. And what happens is the game never actually starts. I see the Steam dialogue box that says "Preparing to launch Arma 2:Operation Arrowhead..." The cancel button is grayed out and I have to close the window by hitting the X in the top right corner. I've waited for 5 minutes and the game never actually starts, I remain at the desktop with the notification.

Does this happen to anyone else? Ideally, I'd like for the launcher to still launch the game separately from Steam (as it does w the beta patch) if at all possible.

Thanks again for all your hard work! =)

Unfortunately that's the way it is for everyone. Until they get rid of the Steam copy protection on OA like they did for ArmA 2, it will be a pain like that. Just have to use the beta for now.

I'm glad you like it, I had a lot of fun creating it.

Unfortunately that's the way it is for everyone. Until they get rid of the Steam copy protection on OA like they did for ArmA 2, it will be a pain like that. Just have to use the beta for now.

You know what's weird? I'd swear to you that it worked for OA just a few weeks ago, but now I get a Steam load app error. I'm almost positive I wasn't running the beta because a buddy of mine was and I remember talking about WANTING to run the beta...

Twilight zone, man.

**Dammit, I forgot: Thanks for the launcher. Between this and Addon Sync I almost never use the actual Arma menu interface...

You know what's weird? I'd swear to you that it worked for OA just a few weeks ago, but now I get a Steam load app error. I'm almost positive I wasn't running the beta because a buddy of mine was and I remember talking about WANTING to run the beta...

Twilight zone, man.

Well that could be, actually. What causes the hanging problem is that Steam only accepts the mod parameter string up to a certain length. If its under that maximum length, it will work. You may have had only a couple mods running, or maybe none at all.

only when i run ACE complete , my fix is run the game from Steam, exit out and then run it from arma launcher.

Pain in the ass but i only get "preparing" when i load ace in arma launcher.

Well that could be, actually. What causes the hanging problem is that Steam only accepts the mod parameter string up to a certain length. If its under that maximum length, it will work. You may have had only a couple mods running, or maybe none at all.

Hmm, interesting. I removed all the mods; I still get the error, but the game loads. I didn't actually try to play.

I CAN get it to work just fine, however, by choosing the Steam executable rather than the OA exe, and using this in the "Additional Paramaters" field:

-applaunch 33930

The launcher puts that option at the end of the variables but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm trying it with ACE2 and a zillion other mods enabled; I think it would work fine, except that PMC is screwed up through Steam and it causes other mods to be disabled as well.

** Nope, lies. The launcher won't detect any addons if you change the exe path that drastically.

arma-launcher-steam_thumb.jpg

Edited by phertiker

I have been away from this game for a few months now, so I'm not sure when the latest update for the game was released. But today Steam downloaded updated versions of both A2 and OA, and now OA appears to have the Steam protection removed. Now, using my launcher, it is possible to start Operation Arrowhead or Combined Operations without ever seeing a Steam dialog.

The hanging Steam dialog issue should be no more. At least that is what I am experiencing this afternoon.

Hello. Can add additional languages? German, Russian, Polish and other... (with Russian I can help)

I have been away from this game for a few months now, so I'm not sure when the latest update for the game was released. But today Steam downloaded updated versions of both A2 and OA, and now OA appears to have the Steam protection removed. Now, using my launcher, it is possible to start Operation Arrowhead or Combined Operations without ever seeing a Steam dialog.

The hanging Steam dialog issue should be no more. At least that is what I am experiencing this afternoon.

Noticed that too SM!

Disk A2 and Steam OA here, and the launcher worked just nicely - with certain limitations such as hanging popup when the commandline was too long, etc - still a lot less fuss than all those .cmd files, etc... But with the latest update all those little picky issues seem to be gone... fully working now, plus I've been able to turn on commandline extras like "maxmem" and "nosplash" without "going over the limit" with modfolders too...

Brilliant.....

B

I get an error message from .NET framework saying that root element is missing... Strange thing is the launcher was running fine before until I bought and installed PMC...

I tried reinstalling and I get same error message still whenever I start the launcher.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
  at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
  at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
  at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
  at ARMA2_Launcher.Main.Load_OrderList(String Filename)
  at ARMA2_Launcher.Main.Update_Addons()
  at ARMA2_Launcher.Main.loaddata()
  at ARMA2_Launcher.Main.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
   Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3615 (GDR.050727-3600)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ARMA2 Launcher
   Assembly Version: 1.3.3.0
   Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
   CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/Spirited%20Machine/ArmA%20II%20Launcher/ARMA2%20Launcher.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
   Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Windows.Forms
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3614 (GDR.050727-3600)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Accessibility
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Deployment
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
   <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I get an error message from .NET framework saying that root element is missing... Strange thing is the launcher was running fine before until I bought and installed PMC...

I tried reinstalling and I get same error message still whenever I start the launcher.

Somehow the file that stores the load order of your mods has been corrupted.

Automatic Fix (All settings will be lost.) : Open the Help menu and click on Saved Data Cleanup. Check the current version, then restart the launcher.

Manual Fix (Only Mod Load Order settings will be lost.) : Go to your Application Data folder. (C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming on Windows 7) Find Spirited Machine folder -> ArmA II Launcher -> Version Number -> Profiles -> Your Profile. Delete Addon_Order.xml.

Hope this solves your problem.

Hi there !!!

First i'd like to say the Arma Launcher is such a great tool !!! It would be nice, if doubleclicking a server from the browser would directly start arma with the servermods activated. Another wish i have is if the serverbrowsers windowsize could be restored when opening it... especially if the gridfields of the list could be restored automatically ... that would be awesome !!!

Good work and thank you for sharing and developing !!!

Bones

Hi SpiritedMachine and everyone else.

This is really great launcher for managing addons, etc.

But I have one question about it:

Is it possible to directly join a multiplayer game from the server browser, which is included? Because when I want to join a server that requires only Arma 2, Arma 2 OA, BAF lite and PMC lite, the launcher gives me multiple messages, that:

Arma 2 mod is missing

Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead mod is missing

Arma 2 BAF mod is missing and

Arma 2 PMC mod is missing

I have all of those installed (I also have full versions of BAF and PMC).

I have disc versions of Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA and they are installed in seperate folders

Can you help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance

Hi SpiritedMachine and everyone else.

This is really great launcher for managing addons, etc.

But I have one question about it:

Is it possible to directly join a multiplayer game from the server browser, which is included? Because when I want to join a server that requires only Arma 2, Arma 2 OA, BAF lite and PMC lite, the launcher gives me multiple messages, that:

Arma 2 mod is missing

Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead mod is missing

Arma 2 BAF mod is missing and

Arma 2 PMC mod is missing

I have all of those installed (I also have full versions of BAF and PMC).

I have disc versions of Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA and they are installed in seperate folders

Can you help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance

When the serverbrowser compares your mods against the server's mods, it compares the names of the modfolders. If they are not named exactly the same, it will claim that you are missing the mod, while you may have it installed, just with a slightly different folder name. It is not a very accurate way of comparison, but there is no other way for me to compare.

You can still activate the appropriate mods manually rather than having the launcher try to do it for you. If it asks you if you want to activate server mods, say no, and then manage the mods yourself.

I may remove that feature because it seems to cause more confusion rather than make things easier.

Hope I explained this ok.

When the serverbrowser compares your mods against the server's mods, it compares the names of the modfolders. If they are not named exactly the same, it will claim that you are missing the mod, while you may have it installed, just with a slightly different folder name. It is not a very accurate way of comparison, but there is no other way for me to compare.

You can still activate the appropriate mods manually rather than having the launcher try to do it for you. If it asks you if you want to activate server mods, say no, and then manage the mods yourself.

I may remove that feature because it seems to cause more confusion rather than make things easier.

Hope I explained this ok.

Thanks for the answer and explaining this SpiritedMachine

I will try to fix this when I get home (this weekend), but if I fail, I hope I can contact you again.

Nice work SM.

This little gem has finally replaced my Kegetys launcher I'd been using for years :D

this launcher has become the first launcher i use all the time. thanks very much for such functionality made so easy to use.

only thing i may suggest is ability to have 2 trees under the same profile - where an entire tree of addons may be enabled/disabled at the click of a button without having to use a new profile. if this feature does exist it is perhaps the one thing i cannot easily find in this launcher.

very good work. thanks again.