:confused::confused:

Umm.. I didn't edit your quote. No idea what happened with that, but I didn't add it. :)

multiple copy/paste/quote/edit/glitch... no big deal mate - stuff happens... just thought I'd mention it - I get more than enough PMs and questions as it is without people thinking I might know about betas as well! :D

B

sorry about the brief off-topic there Spirited Machine! - on with the show...

Hey SpiritedMachine,

Can you add an option to turn on TrackIR (like the fraps option) when you start the game, Please :pray: ?

Thanks

Version 1.4 is available now.

I changed the way you deal with external applications. The External Applications tab has a list of applications that allows you to add whatever you want, and choose when they start.

Enabled - Starts every time you start ArmA II with the launcher.

Singleplayer - Only starts when you have 'Play Online' unchecked.

Multiplayer - Only starts when you have 'Play Online' checked.

Disabled - Doesn't start with ArmA II.

Looks like great program, but I can't get it to work properly.

My problem is that on the Addons screen, I drag and drop the addons into Groups but nothing happens. I can't get them to show up on the right side. I have the groups and Addonds/Mods ticked on the right. It's really frustrating.

Anyone knows a solution?

Looks like great program, but I can't get it to work properly.

My problem is that on the Addons screen, I drag and drop the addons into Groups but nothing happens. I can't get them to show up on the right side. I have the groups and Addonds/Mods ticked on the right. It's really frustrating.

Anyone knows a solution?

Sorry, I haven't had anyone have this happen before as far as I know. It sounds like you're using it properly, but I'd like to see a little video of your desktop to know for sure. Sounds strange, especially if there are no error messages.

Yes it's true , same problem for me too :(

I can drag only names without "@" and with "@ cannot :(

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Yes it's true , same problem for me too :(

I can drag only names without "@" and with "@ cannot :(

Ok i found where was problem. I have deleted all groups and leave only "group 1" then everything works

I can't get this to launch my addons with steam. I have added to groups and also under the addon options tab. Nothing is working. It just loads vanilla.

b7964ebd41ef2e4a2c13ead096406246.png

85367dab79e4f5d258584c79b74b5e7e.png

^^ in Launch options where have you pointed to the EXEs?

I can't get this to launch my addons with steam

Try with just ONE modfolder activated - see if it actually launches OK... Steam seems to require some enormous paths to be added to the command line - quickly running it out of characters... With standard A2 and Steam OA, I find that when using Combined Ops I can only have about 3 modfolders active, or the game starts to launch - then just hangs permanently at the wee initial steam popup and never goes any further.... dropping a modfolder, or removing the tick on "skip splashscreen" or "cpu count" is usually enough to drop the commandline below the maximum and the game then launches fine...

Not sure if anything can actually be done about this by Spirited Machine... it's an irritating Steam-induced limitation...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Not sure if anything can actually be done about this by Spirited Machine... it's an irritating Steam-induced limitation...

Bushlurker is correct. There's nothing I can do about that, it's a part of the way Steam handles startup parameters. I wish I could solve it on my end somehow, but until OA is treated like A2 and does not require Steam to run, we will continue to have this problem.

The game launches fine with no hangups. But it doesnt load any of the mods. Yes I have pointed to the .exe's

The game launches fine with no hangups. But it doesnt load any of the mods. Yes I have pointed to the .exe's

I just looked at your screenshots more closely. I see what you mean now, I can't figure out why that would be happening. I'll look into it.

Should I set anything special in the Steam cmdline? via Steam -> Library -> A2OA -> Properties -> Launch Options..

I removed my normal parameters from the cmdline because it was loading them and not from the launcher. Even with it removed it still loads vanilla.

EDIT: Fixed I removed Expansion from the visible addons to hidden and it loads up the mods now.

Edited by Peterson

Hi

Thanks for your work - the launcher looks great & the layout/structure is very logical & clear.

Unfortunately I also am finding that the game - A2 or the latest A2 beta, standalone - will only start as vanilla, i.e. no mods loaded.

Another issue is that the launcher seems not to detect some mods, specifically LandTex.

Hmm - while writing this I was checking in the launcher & decided to set up another test addon group. I added @ACE and @ACEX but after that I could not add CBA/CBA_A2 into the group. Some other mods also 'refused' to be dragged e.g. GIB_Copy_Stance. An earlier version of CBA (V123) could be dragged (folder is named @CBA123, & works properly if loaded from the command line),

What is particularly odd about this is that in my first attempt yesterday I set up a group called zeu_ai according to The.D's guide on BIS which included ACE, ACEX, CBA [0.6], CBA_A2 [0.6] & GIB_Copy_Stance plus various others without any problems - other than launching the game gave me only vanilla A2.

Hope you can resolve these issues because the design of this launcher is by far the best I've seen. In the meantime I'll uninstall/reinstall & let you know if that makes any difference.

Ciao

Carl

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

In the meantime I'll uninstall/reinstall & let you know if that makes any difference.

No change at all, still doesn't work. :(

One point to note - after the uninstall/reinstall, when I opened the launcher the groups I had created were still there. Where does the launcher store data/config/whatever files? I want to try a full unistall/reinstall including the deletion of all stored group data, etc.

(I'ld recommend that the uninstall should offer this option anyway).

BR

Carl

Hi

Thanks for your work - the launcher looks great & the layout/structure is very logical & clear.

Unfortunately I also am finding that the game - A2 or the latest A2 beta, standalone - will only start as vanilla, i.e. no mods loaded.

Another issue is that the launcher seems not to detect some mods, specifically LandTex.

Hmm - while writing this I was checking in the launcher & decided to set up another test addon group. I added @ACE and @ACEX but after that I could not add CBA/CBA_A2 into the group. Some other mods also 'refused' to be dragged e.g. GIB_Copy_Stance. An earlier version of CBA (V123) could be dragged (folder is named @CBA123, & works properly if loaded from the command line),

What is particularly odd about this is that in my first attempt yesterday I set up a group called zeu_ai according to The.D's guide on BIS which included ACE, ACEX, CBA [0.6], CBA_A2 [0.6] & GIB_Copy_Stance plus various others without any problems - other than launching the game gave me only vanilla A2.

Hope you can resolve these issues because the design of this launcher is by far the best I've seen. In the meantime I'll uninstall/reinstall & let you know if that makes any difference.

Ciao

Carl

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

No change at all, still doesn't work. :(

One point to note - after the uninstall/reinstall, when I opened the launcher the groups I had created were still there. Where does the launcher store data/config/whatever files? I want to try a full unistall/reinstall including the deletion of all stored group data, etc.

(I'ld recommend that the uninstall should offer this option anyway).

BR

Carl

Under the help menu there is an option called "Saved Data Cleanup". You can delete those files using the dialog that pops up.

I'm really confused about these problems because I can't seem to recreate them at all. I use the launcher pretty often and I've never had anything like that happen. I believe you, because I've heard similar things from a few people. But I also know that many people use it with no problems at all. That makes it very difficult to track down the issue.

Under the help menu there is an option called "Saved Data Cleanup". You can delete those files using the dialog that pops up.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I got the pop-up, checked the only box which was labelled

" 1.4.0.0 - current", hit the clean up button, got the warning, hit proceed & got confirmation. Burt the entries are still there and the clean data box still appears with the same entry - after 5 repetitions :(

Maybe it's something odd like XP Pro setting the file to read-only?

Please would you where is it stored? I have a number of programs that can force file deletion.

LaterI FYI I've looked in Documents & Settings -

...\Application Data\Spirited Machine\ArmA II Launcher - folder is empty

...Local Settings\Application Data\Spirited_Machine\ARMA2_Launcher.exe_Url_3zstfca3jipdh4z40epcdwgp3u4luxrt\1.3.3.0 - folder has one user.config file, contents are:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<configuration>

<configSections>

<sectionGroup name="userSettings" type="System.Configuration.UserSettingsGroup, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" >

<section name="ARMA2_Launcher.My.MySettings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" allowExeDefinition="MachineToLocalUser" requirePermission="false" />

</sectionGroup>

</configSections>

<userSettings>

<ARMA2_Launcher.My.MySettings>

<setting name="winwidth" serializeAs="String">

<value>507</value>

</setting>

<setting name="winposy" serializeAs="String">

<value>284</value>

</setting>

<setting name="winposx" serializeAs="String">

<value>872</value>

</setting>

<setting name="winheight" serializeAs="String">

<value>590</value>

</setting>

<setting name="treeviewduplicates" serializeAs="String">

<value>False</value>

</setting>

</ARMA2_Launcher.My.MySettings>

</userSettings>

</configuration>

Can't find any other folders for Spirited Machine.

There's nothing in the game folder other than the files as per installed.

I installed to

G:\ARMA II\sm_ArmA II Launcher

(the "sm_" is to avoid confusion with another launcher for which I had named the folder "ArmA II Launcher". Don't know if the location or folder name is affecting the program.

TIA

Carl

Edited by Carl_D

The files should be located in documents and settings/application data/roaming/spirited machine or something similar. I can't remember what it is in XP.

In Windows 7 it's C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Spirited Machine

Edited by SpiritedMachine

@Spirited Machine:

Thanks for the reply. I did find the 2 folders as posted (probably should have sent a separate message rather than editing, apologies for any comfusion).

I've found that after closing the launcher & re-opening it, the groups have indeed been deleted. Unfortunately it still behaves oddly. I started setting up 2 new groups only to observe that any mod I had added to the first group could not be dragged to any other group. Gave up & turned off machine. Later after a restart I found that effect had disappeared & now I could add a mod to more than one grroup. But... it still only launches vanilla A2/vanilla A2beta, & still does not detect @Landtex.

Willing to spend some time investigating this. Could you post a list of all the registry entries that installation should have created?

Ciao

Carl

@Spirited Machine:

Thanks for the reply. I did find the 2 folders as posted (probably should have sent a separate message rather than editing, apologies for any comfusion).

I've found that after closing the launcher & re-opening it, the groups have indeed been deleted. Unfortunately it still behaves oddly. I started setting up 2 new groups only to observe that any mod I had added to the first group could not be dragged to any other group. Gave up & turned off machine. Later after a restart I found that effect had disappeared & now I could add a mod to more than one grroup. But... it still only launches vanilla A2/vanilla A2beta, & still does not detect @Landtex.

Willing to spend some time investigating this. Could you post a list of all the registry entries that installation should have created?

Ciao

Carl

It should not make any changes to your registry.

It should not make any changes to your registry.

Thanks. I don't see what else I can do to help as I have no coding skills other than a bit of bash, etc., to keep my Linux boxes in shape (with O'Reilly's invaluable help).

Ciao

Carl