Please correct me if I am wrong but the latest patch for the original ArmA II does not need Steam. I am running it on my Steam version and I don't even need to have Steam running. I can't do the same with OA though at this time which does require Steam to be running.

Also I believe the beta patches don't require Steam to be running in the background.

Silly silly me, how could I forget. With Arma 2 you can run without steam yeah. But I like to run my Arma 2 through Steam anyway :)

I can confirm that using the Steam "original" exe, uses Steam, BUT if you installed the beta AND checked the tilde in the profereces of the laucher (use beta) , Steam dont load, so the beta is not steam dependant

I get this inspiring error message all the time, the application never worked for me.

http://pastebin.com/xTf8zbw9

Win7 64bit

ArmA II

ArmA II OA

(both non-steam)

Upon clicking Continue, nothing happens.

Clicking Quit obviously quits the launcher...

I get this inspiring error message all the time, the application never worked for me.

http://pastebin.com/xTf8zbw9

Win7 64bit

ArmA II

ArmA II OA

(both non-steam)

Upon clicking Continue, nothing happens.

Clicking Quit obviously quits the launcher...

It can't find your Teamspeak executable.

It can't find your Teamspeak executable.

But I don't want it to involve my teamspeak at all. I like to do that on my own thanks... :)

The error message could be tweaked a bit to help people like me :o

But I don't want it to involve my teamspeak at all. I like to do that on my own thanks... :)

The error message could be tweaked a bit to help people like me :o

On the "Launch Options" tab, find the dropdown box that is titled communications. You have teamspeak selected, or it wouldn't be giving you this error. You need to change it to None.

On the "Launch Options" tab, find the dropdown box that is titled communications. You have teamspeak selected, or it wouldn't be giving you this error. You need to change it to None.

Great thanks!

Must've accidentally changed that setting once and it stuck through all my reinstalls.

Edit: Another question, it seems the application is rather slow to start up, something I've not experienced with any other launchers. Why is this?

Edited by ArgusC

I just want to say thank you so much for this Launcher, This is the best Launcher out there hands down, It's super user friendly from the install to setting it up, this is the Launcher to have (Specially if you have steam ArmA2, OA & CO) :rthumb:

I'm getting an application unhandled exception.

In Addon Options tab, if I use Additional Addon Search Directories, I then can't bin them from the addon order visible window. It seems the delete routine looks only for the addon in the default location, not in the additional directory specified in the top pane. This crashes the application and makes it impossible to uninstall addons.

I'm getting an application unhandled exception.

In Addon Options tab, if I use Additional Addon Search Directories, I then can't bin them from the addon order visible window. It seems the delete routine looks only for the addon in the default location, not in the additional directory specified in the top pane. This crashes the application and makes it impossible to uninstall addons.

Thanks for catching that. v1.3.2 is released, and that bug is fixed.

You're welcome and thank you. This community needs more chaps like you. :)

Great thanks!

Edit: Another question, it seems the application is rather slow to start up, something I've not experienced with any other launchers. Why is this?

When the program starts up, it checks if there is an update available or not. It does take a few seconds to check, and that time can differ depending on your internet connection.

Thank you for this great tool.

My pleasure, I'm glad it is useful for you.

Hello SpiritedMachine

Is it possible for you to add the exThread=7 command to the Launch Option/Performance check list in a future update:pray: ?

Thanks

Edit: Oops i just figure out that a can add it by using additional Parameters :p

Edited by Jonn

When the program starts up, it checks if there is an update available or not. It does take a few seconds to check, and that time can differ depending on your internet connection.

That's great. But me, together with a clan friend also using this launcher, feels it would do better without this check at startup, maybe put it as an option or change when it occurs so that is isn't so slow to start up?

We still love your launcher :)

That's why I keep thinking it's not working... Yeah, definitely make that an option please, especially if the process takes long enough (ie, more than a split second) to make a user think that the program is non-responsive or didn't start.

That's great. But me, together with a clan friend also using this launcher, feels it would do better without this check at startup, maybe put it as an option or change when it occurs so that is isn't so slow to start up?

We still love your launcher :)

That's why I keep thinking it's not working... Yeah, definitely make that an option please, especially if the process takes long enough (ie, more than a split second) to make a user think that the program is non-responsive or didn't start.

Latest Version

I added the option to skip the update check on startup, but I honestly can't see any difference in startup time. It takes less than a second for the launcher to start for me.

Hopefully it helps with those of you that are having issues. If not, it may also be due to the number of mods you have on your system, etc. I will continue to look for ways to improve startup time, or at the very least, add a dialog telling you that the launcher is loading.

I don't have the slow start-up issue, Mine starts as soon as I click on the icon.

ps, So Update check is off by default now ?

Edited by Jonn

Glad you keep updating this one.

Still useful, but I have a bug thats only anoying and not program breaking.

I have had it since v1 and it happens 90% the times I do the same thing and only then.

If I go into the Online tab and click a favorite server I get a unhandled expectation Windows error, whatever that means, for the program.

I only have to press continue and I usually get info on the fav server I clicked.

Here is the error text. v.1.3.3.0

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.InvalidOperationException: This BackgroundWorker is currently busy and cannot run multiple tasks concurrently.

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.RunWorkerAsync(Object argument)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.RunWorkerAsync()

at ARMA2_Launcher.Main.FavoritesList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WmReflectNotify(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4200 (NetFxQFE.050727-4200)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

ARMA2 Launcher

Assembly Version: 1.3.3.0

Win32 Version: 1.3.3.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Games/ArmA%20II%20Launcher/ARMA2%20Launcher.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4205 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Deployment

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thanks for the update.

The only time I ever experienced the slow start up issue was when I was hosting LAN games. It was quite bizarre, the app would take > 30 seconds to start up. Normally it's fine.

This is interesting... I have two identical comps (I built one "just like mine" for a friend who later decided he'd build his own - I "inherited" the old one for use as a dedi server :D)... the point being, theyre same OS, same CPU, Mobo, etc, etc...

for a while I was using this launcher to create shortcuts for launching the dedi as well - on that machine it loaded and ran almost instantly on clicking the icon... which always used to puzzle me, since on my maincomp the same version of the launcher would stubbornly take 20 seconds or more to load... A minor niggle really since this is my favourite launcher, but still... you noticed...

Recently I installed the launcher on a friends machine - it loads almost instantly! Still a long wait on mine... until this update! Now I have pretty much immediate startup...

I've no explanation for that at all!... the comps are pretty much identical apart from the case and graphics card...

Very strange...

Oh well - working fine now so thanks very much for that update!

B

Edited by Bushlurker

1.3.3 won't add my AddOns to the parameters window no matter what I click... It seems them, I can click on them and add them to groups, but it won't add them to the line.

Side note: Also, since my Arma2 is Steam and I'm using a beta of OA, my startup line is longer than 255 characters, meaning I cannot add more mods to my string, at all. This is annoying. :) Gonna have to reinstall I'm thinking :)

Thanks for this great launcher!

I would like to be able to change the row of the mods to be started.

Like mod3 -> mod6 -> mod1

Is this possible ?

I've recently switched to this launcher and I really like it. Is there a way to auto-load TrackIR for those times when I stupidly forget to manually start it?