Updated to 1.2.7

It now checks for duplicate paths rather than duplicate names, so you can have 2 addons with the same folder name, as long as they are in different locations. eg. ACE for ArmA 2 and ACE for OA

Also, now when hovering over an addon in the "Available Addons" list, you can see its full path, so you know which version you're working with.

Thanks for this update SpiritedMachine :)

Have a nice trip SpiritedMachine and safe driving :)

Ive downloaded the manager from Armaholics and the first night it worked fine..

For some reason tonight when im trying to load it it appears in the taskbar as running and also in the system tray but for some reason it will not come up on desktop..

It will even launch the game if i right click on the system tray icon..

This is a issue i cant seem to diagnose.. 3 of my mates are running the same OS but theres works fine..

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and also tried restarting the computer.. to no avail..

If anyone can lend a hand due to this being the best manager i have found for CO and running beta's.

I get the exact same problem tankus_910. This is not the first time its happened, even after reinstalling it doesn't work. This is by far my favourite launcher and it's a disappointment when this happens.

Sometimes the window location saves incorrectly, resulting in the window forming off-screen. This usually happens if you move it to a second monitor that is to the left of the main monitor. Deleting anything inside of "C:\Users\YourAccount\AppData\Local\Spirited_Machine" will reset the application.

I will look for a solution to this, or at the very least, include a way to reset the window position from the tray icon.

I do not have any second monitors etc.. But i will try your method in the mean time to at least see to get it working.. cheers for the reply

I do not have any second monitors etc.. But i will try your method in the mean time to at least see to get it working.. cheers for the reply

Version 1.2.8 is available now, which has "Reset Window Position" in the tray icon right-click menu. It will reset the window to the center of your screen.

Hi SpiritedMachine,

I dont know if this has been brought up before, i have skimmed the thread but couldnt see it.

Can i asked for a feature to be reintroduced please.

In the early releases you could assign the same folder to multiple groups. In later versions this ability seemed to vanish. Since this was really the main reason i swapped launchers any chance we'll see it reintroduced?

Rock

"Reset Window Position" in the tray icon right-click menu. It will reset the window to the center of your screen.

Brilliant. :)

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

In the early releases you could assign the same folder to multiple groups. In later versions this ability seemed to vanish. Since this was really the main reason i swapped launchers any chance we'll see it reintroduced?

Rock

MMM yeah, I'd like this too.

Hi SpiritedMachine,

I dont know if this has been brought up before, i have skimmed the thread but couldnt see it.

Can i asked for a feature to be reintroduced please.

Rock

I've had enough people ask for this, I finally caved to the overwhelming demand. :)

Version 1.2.9 is available now. With this update it is now possible to allow duplicate addons in the addon tree-structure.

1_2_9_0-ss1.png

I've had enough people ask for this, I finally caved to the overwhelming demand. :)

Version 1.2.9 is available now. With this update it is now possible to allow duplicate addons in the addon tree-structure.

Thank you!

This launcher is excellent! A functional and easy to use utility that is obviously built by an ArmA enthusiast who knows exactly what we need. Most importantly for me it works with the separate Steam versions of ArmA II and ArmA II:OA in Combined Operations mode and even loads the correct .exe file (OA in this case). I can't thank you enough. Well actually I can - donation sent!

• It is now possible to allow duplicate addons in the treeview. This option can be toggled using the Options dropdown on the main toolbar.

Running latest version but can't toggle off the duplicates. Why allow them? What's the use? Just curious. Can't the GUI dynamically update itself based on the EXE that you select at the bottom? I ditched the other ARMA launcher I was using because of this and was hoping this launcher would be better. If I select the A2 exe, then please just show me the addons that are associated with A2. For Combined Ops, show whatever is applicable to that. I haven't played much with CO so I'm not sure what's interchangeable and what's not from a mod perspective.

Since all addons are listed irregardless of the game, I know that hovering over the name of the mod will display the path to the game for which it's associated with but why should I have to worry about that if I'm building a profile for a specific game like OA in which case I could give two shits about the @ACE mod for Arma2 in the list. What parts of the interface are associated with any given profile and what options are global? I'm trying to figure out the limitations of this tool. Only real problem right now is the duplicate addons listed in the main window. Also, whats the point of allowing a check mark in the root group. It still appears that you have to select the individual mods in the group.

Edited by nuggetz

Running latest version but can't toggle off the duplicates. Why allow them? What's the use? Just curious.

Can someone explain how to use this tool? Was really excited at first as it seemed this launcher actually supported both A2 and OA and even knew how to launch Combined Ops. But lets say I want to create a OA profile only. How do I get the mods that are NOT in the OA directory out of the GUI? They still remain even with the option unchecked which allows duplicates. How do I know which @ACE for example is the OA version and not the A2 version. Not only are there duplicates but both just say @ACE which is pretty useless. I know that hovering over the name of the mod will display the path but why should I have to worry about that if I'm building a profile for a certain game like OA in which case I could give two shits about the @ACE mod for Arma2. What parts of the interface are associated with any given profile and what options are global? I'm trying to figure out the limitations of this tool. Only real problem right now is the duplicate addons listed in the main window. Also, whats the point of allowing a check mark in the root group. It still appears that you have to select the individual mods in the group.

"Allow Duplicates" means you can have the exact same mod in more than one group in the treeview. It has nothing to do with mods in different locations having the same folder name. As far as the launcher is concerned, they are completely different, because they have different folder paths.

Hover over an addon in the list to see its full path. This lets you know which version you're dealing with.

To hide addons in the "Available Addons" list, click on the Addon Options tab, and drag the mods you don't want from the Visible list into the Hidden list.

Almost every setting is per profile, with the exception of window size/position, and Allow Duplicates.

The checkmark on the root group turns mods on or off altogether. A checkmark on a group turns the mods in that group on or off, and of course you can turn individual mods on or off. Right-click on a node to see more options to allow you to check/uncheck entire groups, etc.

Edited by SpiritedMachine

A possible future modification would be to add in a graphical symbol next to the add-on to indicate whether it belongs to ArmA II Original or ArmA II OA in addition to the directory popup that currently appears. Not sure how easy that is to program but just a suggestion. :)

I personally find the duplicates function very useful especially for those of us who like to have multiple sets of mods for the different servers we join. Of course I probably should create a different profile for each server I use. I like how this utility offers multiple ways to do things.

Edited by zaphod6502

I <3 this launcher more and more as I gather more addons.

Thanks Spiritedmachine!

Hi SpiritedMachine. Everything looks perfect, but I added my -applaunch parameter to the 'Additional parameters' area that you fixed before, so that the launcher can load through Steam once I input the -applaunch parameter and code.

But the problem is though, that the launcher adds the mods and they are added in position before the addional parameters. So what happens is, my game loads through steam, but the mods are not loaded. Do you think this is a problem to do with the position of the mod or something else?

*Edited* As it made no sense before :p

Edited by Erratic

Hi SpiritedMachine. Everything looks perfect, but I added my -applaunch parameter to the 'Additional parameters' area that you fixed before, so that the launcher can load through Steam once I input the -applaunch parameter and code.

But the problem is though, that the launcher adds the mods and they are added in position before the addional parameters. So what happens is, my game loads through steam, but the mods are not loaded. Do you think this is a problem to do with the position of the mod or something else?

*Edited* As it made no sense before :p

Seems to be just a problem of the order that the launcher writes the parameters. I may add a feature allowing you to reorder the parameters how you want.

To do what you're talking about, using "-applaunch xxxxxx", don't you have to have steam as your "ArmA 2 Executable"? If so, the launcher was never really designed for this, so I can't guarantee anything.

To do what you're talking about, using "-applaunch xxxxxx", don't you have to have steam as your "ArmA 2 Executable"? If so, the launcher was never really designed for this, so I can't guarantee anything.

That is true, Steam is the Executable and then the -applaunch is inserted. Your launcher is really really good, so I am hoping there is a workout or a way to fix this issue.

Once again great work on your application and fixing all the little issues and what not, I like the auto update feature you have aswel as the migrate profiles feature! Makes everything easier.

Cheers.

I love this launcher. I have Disk AII, and Steam OA, and using your launcher has made it extremely easy for me to use mods with OA. Gawd how I hate steam.

Amazing job you've done here.

That is true, Steam is the Executable and then the -applaunch is inserted. Your launcher is really really good, so I am hoping there is a workout or a way to fix this issue.

I have Steam running in the background whenever my machine boots up so this sort of avoids that issue. Eventually BI Studios will release an exe/patch which will negate the need to have to run Steam before running the game.

Eventually BI Studios will release an exe/patch which will negate the need to have to run Steam before running the game.

I disagree, as valve the owners of Steam, want every game to run through there. Because it keeps people using their system and it's a smart thing to do.

I disagree, as valve the owners of Steam, want every game to run through there. Because it keeps people using their system and it's a smart thing to do.

Please correct me if I am wrong but the latest patch for the original ArmA II does not need Steam. I am running it on my Steam version and I don't even need to have Steam running. I can't do the same with OA though at this time which does require Steam to be running.

Also I believe the beta patches don't require Steam to be running in the background.