Hi,

AVG reporting launcher as a virus?

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/2729/launcervirus.jpg

I am sure there is a good reason.

EDIT: Just noticed that the launcher you have in the ArmA II folder is not mine. The one throwing the AVG alert is actually the one made by CptArma2 (Alpinestars). I think it has come up in his thread before. Also, it looks like you have another launcher in there too that also isn't mine. Mine installs to the program files folder, not inside the ArmA 2 folder.

I'm sure there isn't, because I wrote it from scratch. If you believe it's a virus, you're free to pass on it. AV programs are known to throw false alarms, it happens.

Maybe CptArma2 is reporting it to AVG as a virus for spite... Just kidding.

It doesn't install to that location by default. Did you set it that way? I use AVG and when I run it from the default location that it installs to, there is absolutely no problem.

Sorry I don't have a concrete answer for you, but something goofy is going on. Besides, I'm not smart enough to write a virus.

Edited by SpiritedMachine

I have a weird problem. I'm on Win7 64bit, your Launcher has worked fine for some time, but when I went to start it the other day, it starts, runs fine, pops up on the task bar, but the actual program window doesn't show.

I tried restarting, same thing. Tried uninstalling, installing again, same thing. Then I uninstalled again, but this time I installed to a different location, and it works. But it only worked a few times. And if I reinstall again, to a different directory, it will run again, for a few times. Then it's back to the problem again.

I currently have no other problems in Windows, with other software or anything, so not quite sure what's up here..

BTW: Your program also pops in the systray, and I can right click it there, and do Start Arma II, that works. But the Show/Hide launcher does nothing. Program seems to be running fine and all, since I can start Arma2 from it, but the program window is not showing.

I'm thinking it might be opening up outside the visible area of my desktop or something like that.

EDIT: Ok, I actually figured it out, it was being opened up outside visible area of desktop. To get it back, I had to select it in the task bar, hit ALT + SPACE, then select Move, and click once on either of the arrow keys and it popped up.

Edited by eosteric

I have a weird problem. I'm on Win7 64bit, your Launcher has worked fine for some time, but when I went to start it the other day, it starts, runs fine, pops up on the task bar, but the actual program window doesn't show.

I tried restarting, same thing. Tried uninstalling, installing again, same thing. Then I uninstalled again, but this time I installed to a different location, and it works. But it only worked a few times. And if I reinstall again, to a different directory, it will run again, for a few times. Then it's back to the problem again.

I currently have no other problems in Windows, with other software or anything, so not quite sure what's up here..

BTW: Your program also pops in the systray, and I can right click it there, and do Start Arma II, that works. But the Show/Hide launcher does nothing. Program seems to be running fine and all, since I can start Arma2 from it, but the program window is not showing.

I'm thinking it might be opening up outside the visible area of my desktop or something like that.

EDIT: Ok, I actually figured it out, it was being opened up outside visible area of desktop. To get it back, I had to select it in the task bar, hit ALT + SPACE, then select Move, and click once on either of the arrow keys and it popped up.

I'm glad you figured out what was happening, but I don't think it should be doing that on its own. It saves its location when you close so it should be back where you left it the next time you run it.

very nice finding eosteric!! -Had the same problem a few times with this launcher. After some (un)installs (including cleaning the registry) it runs normal, but i think your solution is a bit faster :).

Edit: I am also running a Dual-Screen-setup, so probably the problem occured the way _William describes it in my case, too.

Edited by WillaCHilla

I'm glad you figured out what was happening, but I don't think it should be doing that on its own. It saves its location when you close so it should be back where you left it the next time you run it.

In my case (dual screen setup, 2x 1600x1200), the launcher does save incorrect location values (-32000 or -23000 for x and y) when I move the launcher to the secondary screen left of the primary screen and quit the launcher.

The next time I start the launcher, I get the same behavior as described by eosteric. I fix it by editing the user.config file in c:\users\<user>\AppData\Local\Spirited_Machine\ARMA2_Launcher.exe_URL<...>\1.1.1.0 and setting the winposx and winposy values to 0.

Despite that bug, I'm really really satisfied with your launcher. Great job!

In my case (dual screen setup, 2x 1600x1200), the launcher does save incorrect location values (-32000 or -23000 for x and y) when I move the launcher to the secondary screen left of the primary screen and quit the launcher.

The next time I start the launcher, I get the same behavior as described by eosteric. I fix it by editing the user.config file in c:\users\<user>\AppData\Local\Spirited_Machine\ARMA2_Launcher.exe_URL<...>\1.1.1.0 and setting the winposx and winposy values to 0.

Despite that bug, I'm really really satisfied with your launcher. Great job!

Good catch. I never thought far enough ahead to consider a 2nd monitor on the left hand side. I have dual monitors, with my secondary on the right and it works fine. I'll have to check into that.

I found some bug:

On the tab "online" i have added 3 servers:

A, B, C

When i change highlight of them (without any other actions), application crash.

Eg.

A (ok), B (ok), A (crash).

B (ok), A (ok), C (crash).

A (ok), go to another tab (ok), back to "online" (ok), B (crash).

I don't know is there any repo.

Server A, and B are shut down.

Server C is online.

Server A and C have a pass.

Error message:

Szczegółowe informacje na temat wywoływania debugowania w trybie JIT (just in time)

zamiast tego okna dialogowego znajdują się na końcu tego komunikatu.

************** Tekst wyjÄ…tku **************

System.InvalidOperationException: Ten proces BackgroundWorker jest aktualnie zajęty, a nie można wykonywać wielu zadań jednocześnie.

w System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.RunWorkerAsync(Object argument)

w System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.RunWorkerAsync()

w ARMA2_Launcher.Main.FavoritesList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

w System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)

w System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WmReflectNotify(Message& m)

w System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)

w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

w System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Zestawy załadowane **************

mscorlib

Wersja zestawu: 2.0.0.0

Wersja Win32: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

ARMA2 Launcher

Wersja zestawu: 1.1.0.0

Wersja Win32: 1.1.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Spirited%20Machine/ArmA%20II%20Launcher/ARMA2%20Launcher.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Wersja zestawu: 8.0.0.0

Wersja Win32: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

Wersja Win32: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

Wersja Win32: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Deployment

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

System.Deployment.resources

Wersja Win32: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment.resources/2.0.0.0_pl_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.resources.dll

System.Xml.Linq

Wersja zestawu: 3.5.0.0

Wersja Win32: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

System.Core

Wersja zestawu: 3.5.0.0

Wersja Win32: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.resources

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.resources/2.0.0.0_pl_b77a5c561934e089/System.resources.dll

System.Windows.Forms.resources

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_pl_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

mscorlib.resources

Wersja Win32: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

************** Debugowanie w trybie JIT **************

Aby włączyć debugowanie w trybie JIT (just-in-time), plik .config tej

aplikacji lub komputera (machine.config) musi mieć

wartość jitDebugging ustawioną w sekcji system.windows.forms.

Aplikacja musi być również skompilowana z włączonym

debugowaniem.

Na przykład:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

Gdy debugowanie JIT jest włączone, wszystkie nieobsługiwane wyjątki

są wysyłane do debugera JIT zarejestrowanego na komputerze

i nie są obsługiwane w tym oknie dialogowym.

My winXP is polish one.

Translation of beginning part:

************** Exception text**************

System.InvalidOperationException: This process BackgroundWorker is busy bussy and it can't do multiple tasks in

System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.RunWorkerAsync(Object argument) ....

Edited by kromka

Any chance for some new version with OA support?

Possibly. I haven't done any work on it for a while. Might be a good time for an overhaul.

Whoohoo, I came here specifically in hope that you where about to make the additions to the launcher to acommodate OA.

Thanks

Frosty

Yes Spirited Machine,

an update would be very welcome. Im using your launcher for about 9 months now. After trying Kegetys mod launcher and Alpinestars, I found that yours works best for me.

An ArmA2OA.exe - capable version would be very welcome!

I've been using this launcher exclusively as well - reliable, no frills, does what it's meant to do...

B

This is my favorite launcher. I would like to see an update if you find the time or desire. :D

THANKS!!!

EDIT: To download the latest version, go to the first post.

ArmA II Game Launcher v1.2.0 Released

This version is compatible with ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead.

Video

Download

1_2_0_0-ss1.png

Changes/Updates:

• Operation Arrowhead compatible. Choose from ArmA II standalone, Operation Arrowhead Standalone, or ArmA II Combined Operations.
  • Drag/Drop interface for hiding addons.
  • Removed "Load Addons" checkbox. To activate addons, check the topmost treeview item, labeled 'Addons / Mods'.
  • Improved saving/loading settings. XML based file structure, rather than comma-separated text files.
  • Server browser searches for both regular ArmA II and OA games.

This program has been tested using all combinations of ArmA II / OA, beta versions, etc with success (Both purchased via Steam). However, with so many changes there are sure to be bugs. Please report any bugs you find either here or the project tracker. If you do report a bug, please try to give steps to reproduce the problem. Thank you.

NOTE: My apologies to those of you who have your settings just the way you like them. Due to the re-structuring of the way files are saved and loaded, it is not possible to transfer old profiles over to this new version.

Thanks for the update!

Bottom right, where you select Arma version... Arma II starts Arma II, Arma II - CO starts combined operations, but Arma II - OA starts CO also (with or without beta). Maybe I'm just overlooking something but I was hoping that would start standalone AO.

Other than that, so far works great. :)

I'm having an issue with this, I have retail A2 and Steam A2 OA - Everything works fine except if I have my mods checked (installed in the A2 dir) and try to launch A2 OA or CO I get the parameters like no splash, empty world etc ... But I cant get any mods to load.

If I launch A2 the mods load fine.

By the way this is my params

[b]A2[/b]
"-mod=@quesh;@ukf;@war" -nosplash -cpuCount=4 

[b]A2 OA[/b]
"-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion;@quesh;@ukf;@war" -nosplash -cpuCount=4 

[b]A2 CO[/b]
"-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion;ca;@quesh;@ukf;@war" -nosplash -cpuCount=4 

Edited by Katash

I'm having an issue with this, I have retail A2 and Steam A2 OA - Everything works fine except if I have my mods checked (installed in the A2 dir) and try to launch A2 OA or CO I get the parameters like no splash, empty world etc ... But I cant get any mods to load.

If I launch A2 the mods load fine.

This is something that I overlooked due to not knowing how A2 and OA would interact, I apologize and will be fixing this asap.

The problem is that when you are playing OA and the mods are in the A2 folder, it needs to see the entire path of the mod, not just the folder name. Rather than just "-mod=@mod1" it needs to see "-mod=C:\Mods\@mod1", etc.

Solution for now: Either add your ArmA 2 directory to the "Additional Addon Directories" (there will be duplicate mods, half mod name only, half full path), OR BI have created a folder in 'My Documents' called ArmA 2, which has a subfolder called 'Addons'. I have been placing all addons into this folder, and adding that folder to the "Additional Addon Directories". You can see this in the video link a few posts up.

Thanks, I appreciate your work, I'll wait for the update - I dont fancy moving all my mods ;p

This is a really nice launcher. My new favourite. :)

One feature request... mumble support in the external applications tab.

EDIT: To download the latest version, go to the first post.

ArmA II Game Launcher v1.2.3 Released

This version is compatible with ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead.

Video

Download

1_2_3_0-ss1.png

Changes/Updates:

• Fixed mod recognition when playing OA with mods located in the ArmA 2 directory. Depending on what game is selected, the mod parameter string shows relative or full paths.
  • When scanning for addons, .rsync folders are ignored.
  • Improved Addon List. Main addon list shows only addon name, not full path. Addon order list shows addon name, as well as path, in two separate columns.
  • Fixed bug that reordered addons incorrectly when dragging and dropping multiple items.
  • Other efficiency improvements to code not seen by the user.

This program has been tested using all combinations of ArmA II / OA, beta versions, etc with success (Both purchased via Steam). However, with so many changes there are sure to be bugs. Please report any bugs you find either here or the project tracker. If you do report a bug, please try to give steps to reproduce the problem. Thank you.

New Software Version