Well done with yet another update SpiritedMachine!..... THE launcher of choice nowadays - without hesitation!

(is that a new font in the addons list? - looks more readable somehow...?)

Fantastic work and steady and reliable bugfixing and updating - can't ask for more...

Cheers!!!

B

Thanks very much. Yes, it is a new font, I had it applied to some select controls in previous versions, but I decided to use it globally now. I really like the way it looks. Its called "Segoe UI".

Hi, just downloaded this. Looks amazing, especially the accessible MP server browser. A couple of newbie questions, please:

It shows the ACE .rsync folders as mods. Alpinestars launcher filters out the versioning files - can I filter with this launcher too?

When I create a group, eg. ACE, with all the @ACE... folders, and then select the group, I have to select the individual mods within the group, too. I was expecting that selecting a group would select everything within that group ?

Cheers,

OP

It shows the ACE .rsync folders as mods. Alpinestars launcher filters out the versioning files - can I filter with this launcher too?

If you select the "Addon Options" tab, you can hide any addons that you want. If you click on the button with the eye icon it will toggle whichever addons you have selected hidden or shown. But if you right-click that same button, you can type in rsync, for example, and that will filter out any addon with that keyword in it.

When I create a group, eg. ACE, with all the @ACE... folders, and then select the group, I have to select the individual mods within the group, too. I was expecting that selecting a group would select everything within that group ?

If you right-click on a group or addon, you can choose to check or uncheck all items within that group.

Hope I've answered your questions. I realize there's a bit more of a learning curve than other launchers, but in the end I think the flexibility is worth it. If you need anything else, let me know.

Hi SpiritiedMachine,

Thanks again for the brilliant launcher.

If you have saved a list of favourite servers, when you go into the "online" tab you can't tell how many players are on each of the servers unless you individually right click on each one, or go back into the browser and search for servers again.

If one of the servers down the bottom of your list has a heap of players but the others don't, you could spend some time filtering this out.

Is it difficult to add afeature to refresh the statistics or playercount in your favourites list when you go into the online tab automatically? This would make your choice easier and allow you to get online faster.

Thats being fairly petty, but it would be a feature of awesomeness if it could be achieved easily :)

Thanks

Frosty

Hi SpiritiedMachine,

Thanks again for the brilliant launcher.

If you have saved a list of favourite servers, when you go into the "online" tab you can't tell how many players are on each of the servers unless you individually right click on each one, or go back into the browser and search for servers again.

If one of the servers down the bottom of your list has a heap of players but the others don't, you could spend some time filtering this out.

Is it difficult to add afeature to refresh the statistics or playercount in your favourites list when you go into the online tab automatically? This would make your choice easier and allow you to get online faster.

Thats being fairly petty, but it would be a feature of awesomeness if it could be achieved easily :)

Thanks

Frosty

I will work on that for the next release. In the meantime, though, you can just click on a favorite server, and look in the list below the favorite server list, called "Selected Server Stats". This will show the playercount of the favorite server you have highlighted (as well as mission, map, mods, and ping). It's not as nice as having it show up automatically, but its way easier than starting up the browser.

SpiritedMachine, thanks for taking the time to reply to my questions above. Once again, thanks for a great launcher :)

-OP

hey there

as already said by others, this is really the best launcher so far. i tried alpine launcher before, but unfortunately it wasnt suitable for my needs. im addon addicted and i load as much fixes, additions and stuff as possible. that causes the problem to find the right loading order of the different addons and overall compatiblities. ur launcher finally really helps in organizing and profiling all that hundreds of addons. thank u :thumbs-up:

but i think i`ve found a big mistake in ur launcher.

afaik, from my understanding and my experience that i have so far with ofp,arma1 and arma2 addons, the priority/loading order of addons is the following:

-mod=@mod1;@mod2;@mod3

in this case mod3 has the highest priority, mod1 the lowest

means, if there is a config , e.g. for a weapon, in all that modfolders, mod3 would contain that config, that would overwrite the other configs

this is how i handled it all the time and how it worked for me all the time.

ur launcher does this vice versa, when i increase the priority of an addon in ur launcher it gets loaded first.

im a little bit confused, as no one else seem to have noticed that :confused:

if the mistake is on my side here, than i would be even more confused :eek:

as i already mentioned, i always managed addons in the past that way

This would be cool if a downloader was added so it downloads the addons and places them where they should go...

ur launcher does this vice versa, when i increase the priority of an addon in ur launcher it gets loaded first.

Because you set not priority but ORDER (as stated on the list label)

This would be cool if a downloader was added so it downloads the addons and places them where they should go...

I'm not sure if it is good idea. There are a few such solutions like Yoma or six updater. And all of these are not user friendly dueo to a bunch of options. I would like to launcher be a launcher only. However if downloader would be done in intuitive manner, who knows.

To the author:

Great job. I verified issues reported by me and looks like you have implemented also the last things reporter a few days ago.

I would like to see possibility to hide items from option list. For example as checkbox "hide hidden items". It would make ordering much easier.

For them who don't know new features, there are a few most important (to me):

- multiselecting mods in mod options and moving all selected items at once

- quick profile select (see drop arrow next to menu item)

- option to run comm software only in multiplayer mode

And what can I say. I've checked all launchers and only this one satisfy my needs. Thanx.

Edited by MaXyM

I seem to get a couple of errors:-)

Win 7 64bit

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "snaps and impact sounds" to type 'Integer' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)

at ARMA2_Launcher.GlobalModule.loadorderlist()

at ARMA2_Launcher.Main.Update_Addons()

at ARMA2_Launcher.Main.loaddata()

at ARMA2_Launcher.Main.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

ARMA2 Launcher

Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Spirited%20Machine/ArmA%20II%20Launcher/ARMA2%20Launcher.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Deployment

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I seem to get a couple of errors:-)

Win 7 64bit

System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "snaps and impact sounds" to type 'Integer' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Do you have an addon with a comma in the folder name? "Something,snaps and impact sounds"?

Edit: I just googled "snaps and impact sounds" and I see there is a mod called "Explosions,Snaps and Impact Sounds"

Using punctuation marks in folder names is often not a good idea. In my program, and many others, stored data is separated by commas. When the program reads the saved mods, it sees that comma and thinks there is a separate data value there.

I can separate the values in my save files with some other symbol, but chances are eventually someone will put it in a folder name, and then I'll have to find another one.

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

I don't have plans to go that direction with my launcher. But if you're looking for something like that, Yoma's Addon Sync does just the thing.

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

hey there

as already said by others, this is really the best launcher so far. i tried alpine launcher before, but unfortunately it wasnt suitable for my needs. im addon addicted and i load as much fixes, additions and stuff as possible. that causes the problem to find the right loading order of the different addons and overall compatiblities. ur launcher finally really helps in organizing and profiling all that hundreds of addons. thank u :thumbs-up:

but i think i`ve found a big mistake in ur launcher.

afaik, from my understanding and my experience that i have so far with ofp,arma1 and arma2 addons, the priority/loading order of addons is the following:

-mod=@mod1;@mod2;@mod3

in this case mod3 has the highest priority, mod1 the lowest

means, if there is a config , e.g. for a weapon, in all that modfolders, mod3 would contain that config, that would overwrite the other configs

this is how i handled it all the time and how it worked for me all the time.

im a little bit confused, as no one else seem to have noticed that :confused:

if the mistake is on my side here, than i would be even more confused :eek:

as i already mentioned, i always managed addons in the past that way

As MaXyM stated, you can think of the addon order list to be just that, the order, not necessarily the priority. I have always been placing mods in the opposite order you describe, and it always works. But maybe I misunderstand. I'd need someone from BIS to tell me, because I have seen it described both ways.

To me, ordering things from top to bottom, only to have them listed from right to left in the mod parameter string, is just plain backwards. Top to bottom = left to right makes much more sense to me. You can order the mods in the mod order list accordingly.

As MaXyM stated, you can think of the addon order list to be just that, the order, not necessarily the priority. I have always been placing mods in the opposite order you describe, and it always works. But maybe I misunderstand. I'd need someone from BIS to tell me, because I have seen it described both ways.

To me, ordering things from top to bottom, only to have them listed from right to left in the mod parameter string, is just plain backwards. Top to bottom = left to right makes much more sense to me. You can order the mods in the mod order list accordingly.

I assumed with your program, the last thing in the command line would load last and take priority, which seems the case for me, sometimes... I'd like an official answer too.

But as far as the program goes, I would be lost without it... messing around with 139 mod folders has never been easier, thanks! I have the other 3 or 4 mod programs installed to try them out and yours does everything they all do and more.

I can separate the values in my save files with some other symbol, but chances are eventually someone will put it in a folder name, and then I'll have to find another one.

Try characters not allowed in file names. For example ':'

you can also use XML format for addonorder.ord file

Top to bottom = left to right makes much more sense to me

thats true, but the green arrows on the right say increase priority and decrease priority, what should be the other way around :)

thats true, but the green arrows on the right say increase priority and decrease priority, what should be the other way around :)

You're right, I forgot their tooltip does say that. I will change that in the next version. Also, if you could show me some evidence proving your ordering method is correct, that would be great. I've googled the topic with no luck. Like I said, I've been doing it opposite for the past 6 months, and I've never had problems.

Do you have an addon with a comma in the folder name? "Something,snaps and impact sounds"?

Edit: I just googled "snaps and impact sounds" and I see there is a mod called "Explosions,Snaps and Impact Sounds"

Using punctuation marks in folder names is often not a good idea. In my program, and many others, stored data is separated by commas. When the program reads the saved mods, it sees that comma and thinks there is a separate data value there.

VOP sound had the comma for snanaps,...

I removed the comma but still got errors starting ?

ps 1.01 of you app waorked fine even with the VOP sound an comma?

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)

Even after deleting/moving the @VOP Directory I still had the error when starting until I could remove the link with refresh on Launcher.

Hopefully this has fixed the problem....

Took me ages to get it all setup with groups only to restart with error and loose everything!!

Oh well back to setting up again...

VOP sound had the comma for snanaps,...

I removed the comma but still got errors starting ?

ps 1.01 of you app waorked fine even with the VOP sound an comma?

Even after deleting/moving the @VOP Directory I still had the error when starting until I could remove the link with refresh on Launcher.

Hopefully this has fixed the problem....

Took me ages to get it all setup with groups only to restart with error and loose everything!!

Oh well back to setting up again...

The reason it still didn't work after deleting the comma is that the launcher already saved a file that stores the addon order, and that is where the problem was. Once you refreshed the launcher and saved a new copy of the addon order file, without the comma in the name, it should be working fine. I will change the file format in the next version to xml or something, so we don't have to worry about the name anymore.

SpiritedMachine, awesome updates to the launcher;). Thanks again for puuting your time and effort into it. Like I said before I think this is the best launcher out there for me when it comes to valuating the usefulness of it as compared to how user freindly it is. It is simple and covers everything I really need in a launcher:D.

Hi again SpiritedMachine,

I am using v1.1.0.0 and I'm not sure if it is intentional or not but the "check for Updates" radio button on the launcher seems to have disappeared?

Not sure if you want it there or not, but it seems to have either moved or been omitted as I can't find the option anywhere in the launcher now : P

Thanks

Frosty

Hi again SpiritedMachine,

I am using v1.1.0.0 and I'm not sure if it is intentional or not but the "check for Updates" radio button on the launcher seems to have disappeared?

Not sure if you want it there or not, but it seems to have either moved or been omitted as I can't find the option anywhere in the launcher now : P

Thanks

Frosty

I replaced it with a button that will only appear when there is an update available. So you don't have to check, it will let you know.

Hey Johnson, hope things are going well for ya. I put this in the tracker on the 3rdMD site before you created the one on your site, but wondering if you could make it so the rsync/pack versions didnt show up in the listing, so for all the stuff from six-updater. This would be a big help.

;1571432']Hey Johnson' date=' hope things are going well for ya. I put this in the tracker on the 3rdMD site before you created the one on your site, but wondering if you could make it so the rsync/pack versions didnt show up in the listing, so for all the stuff from six-updater. This would be a big help.[/quote']

I decided not to filter out only the rsync folders, because I figured there would be something else in the future that people might want to hide. So instead I have a hide button, so you can choose what to hide yourself. If you click on that button it will toggle whatever you have selected either hidden or shown. If you right-click it, it brings up a dialog where you can type in a keyword, and hide anything with that keyword in it. Here's a video that shows it in action.

I'm not sure if anyone has already asked this or not, but adding the ability to auto-load TrackIR would be a huge perk to this already stellar app. I see that you already have the ability to run Ventrillo and TS when executing Arma2. Any chance you could just add TrackIR as well?

Thanks.

I'm not sure if anyone has already asked this or not, but adding the ability to auto-load TrackIR would be a huge perk to this already stellar app. I see that you already have the ability to run Ventrillo and TS when executing Arma2. Any chance you could just add TrackIR as well?

Thanks.

I'll look into adding it. Thanks for the suggestion.