I don't like how this program shows addons for the Steam version. See screenshot.

clipboard01gw.th.jpg

Automatically activate mods based on the server you select. You will be notified of any missing mods.

Now that line is amazing. You should make an effort in making this launcher available to everyone new playing ARMA2. I will give this launcher another go and hope profiles are easy now to save and choose. Took a bit of time before. :)

Thaught of another thing. Is the addons that are launched automaticlly to a server have to be in separate folders? Like you cant have several addons in the same folder. Im guessing its needed, but just checking cause i have like 100 addons lol...

Edited by Alex72

Now that line is amazing. You should make an effort in making this launcher available to everyone new playing ARMA2. I will give this launcher another go and hope profiles are easy now to save and choose. Took a bit of time before. :)

Thaught of another thing. Is the addons that are launched automaticlly to a server have to be in separate folders? Like you cant have several addons in the same folder. Im guessing its needed, but just checking cause i have like 100 addons lol...

Yeah that whole bit can be tricky, because the only way I can compare your mods to the ones run on the server is the folder name. So if you have your folder named something other than what the server does, even though its the same mod, it will detect that it's missing.

For this really to work well, the whole community would need a universal naming convention, and both servers and players would need to stick to it.

---------- Post added at 07:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

I don't like how this program shows addons for the Steam version. See screenshot.

clipboard01gw.th.jpg

I designed this program while using the steam version, and mine only shows the mod names, not steamapps/common/arma2. Many others using steam say the program works fine for them as well.

Do you have the arma2 exe located somewhere other than the arma2 folder?

I designed this program while using the steam version, and mine only shows the mod names, not steamapps/common/arma2. Many others using steam say the program works fine for them as well.

Do you have the arma2 exe located somewhere other than the arma2 folder?

My Steam and ARMA2 located in default folder but I installed your program into another folder (not default path). Today I started launcher again and found that left list showed normal but right list was the same. So, I just deleted right list and created again. All works fine now.

I have one sugesstion. Could you add feature that if we drag mod from right list to left list it will delete mod from the right list?

My Steam and ARMA2 located in default folder but I installed your program into another folder (not default path). Today I started launcher again and found that left list showed normal but right list was the same. So, I just deleted right list and created again. All works fine now.

I have one sugesstion. Could you add feature that if we drag mod from right list to left list it will delete mod from the right list?

I'm glad you got it working correctly. I will look into adding that feature. Thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT: To download the latest version, go to the first post.

Update: v0.9.5

Download

Added Features and Bugfixes:

• Fixed: Problems using the server browser. It was a UAC problem with Win7 and Vista.
  • Added: Select your player profile.
  • Added: Scrollable parameter box. Easier to read all the mods/options you have in the command line.
  • Rearranged the UI to make it a little more user-friendly.

Edited by SpiritedMachine

Nice work m8, have been using your launcher for a while now and think its a fine program, thanks for this update :)

Amazing work on this Pvt. Johnson (aka SpirtedMachine). This launcher just made me switch from Alpinestars launcher for is overall customization, plus your a member of my unit so I do want to support you. Regardless this launcher is far better and good work on this update as it fixed several issues.

Fyi, Pvt. Johnson who is a member of the 3rd Marine Division - Tactical Realism Unit [3rd MD] , has been awarded our Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal for his great contribution to the 3rd MD and entire ArmA2 community.

Semper Fi!

Update: v0.9.6

Download

0_9_6_0-ss1.PNG

0_9_6_0-ss2.PNG

Changes

• Added the ability to create a shortcut, using your settings from the launcher, so you don't need to start the launcher unless you want to make changes to a profile. (Does not include third-party applications such as Ventrilo, only mods and game settings)
  • Added the ability to run Fraps on startup.
  • Moved the "Check for Updates" button to a more visible location.

yes it's pretty good. I use to use the other launcher (the simple one) and four new islands didn't appear. Last night I downloaded this one and now everything is fine.

Thanks launcher dude.

I use this launcher and like it. There is only one thing that I would like to see improved - program start delay. Program starts with a big pause.

Version: 0.9.6.0

Just had a crash.

This occurs every time I switch to a profile with no Groups.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Create 2 profiles

2) Delete all Groups from one profile

3) Switch to other profile

4) Switch back to profile with no groups

5) Observe non-fatal exception

--

6) 'Continue'

7) Add new Group

8) Switch between profiles to verify they both work

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at ARMA2_Launcher.Form1.loaddata()
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
----------------------------------------

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Another exception...

Steps to reproduce:

1) Click on a Available Addon to highlight

2) Click on the empty space below addon list

3) Observe non-fatal exception.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '-1' is not valid for 'index'.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.ObjectCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
  at ARMA2_Launcher.Form1.AddonsList_MouseDown(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Edited by Greg
Updated details after reproducing and working around.

Update: v0.9.7

Download

Changes/Fixes:

• Fix: Fixed problems caused by having no groups in the addon tree.
  • Change: At least one group is required in the addon tree.
  • Fix: Fixed problem that occurred when clicking in the blank area of the addon list if the list did not fill the entire box.
  • Addition: Added a start delay option in the "Launch Options" tab.

0_9_7_0-ss1.png

Thanks for the update SpiritedMachine!

After adding my ramdrive x:\ and made it rescan:

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "X:\System Volume Information" wurde verweigert.
  bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  bei System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
  bei System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
  bei System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(String path)
  bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindPaths(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, String wildCard)
  bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindFilesOrDirectories(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards, Collection`1 Results)
  bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindFilesOrDirectories(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards, Collection`1 Results)
  bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindFilesOrDirectories(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards)
  bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.FileSystemProxy.GetDirectories(String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards)
  bei ARMA2_Launcher.Form1.loaddata()
  bei ARMA2_Launcher.Form1.RefreshToolbarButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
   Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
   Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600).
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll.
ARMA2 Launcher
   Assembly-Version: 0.9.7.0.
   Win32-Version: 0.9.7.0.
   CodeBase: file:///T:/ArmA%202%20Launcher/ARMA2%20Launcher.exe.
Microsoft.VisualBasic
   Assembly-Version: 8.0.0.0.
   Win32-Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000).
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll.
System
   Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000).
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Windows.Forms
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System.Drawing
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
System.Runtime.Remoting
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll.
System.Deployment
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll.
System.Deployment.resources
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.resources.dll.
System.Configuration
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
System.Xml
   Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000).
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
mscorlib.resources
System.Xml.Linq
   Assembly-Version: 3.5.0.0.
   Win32-Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP.
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll.
System.Core
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
   <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

It happens now every time I launch the app.. and the configuration files

are unfortunately in the same folder. :(

Can you please add the option to fullscreen the app dialog?

http://www3.picfront.org/picture/NveNppSW4GY/img/0001.jpg

You can easily see what. :bounce3:

Thanks for the update SpiritedMachine!

After adding my ramdrive x:\ and made it rescan:

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "X:\System Volume Information" wurde verweigert.
  bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  bei System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
  bei System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
  bei System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(String path)
  bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindPaths(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, String wildCard)
  bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindFilesOrDirectories(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards)
  bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.FileSystemProxy.GetDirectories(String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards)
  bei ARMA2_Launcher.Form1.loaddata()
  bei ARMA2_Launcher.Form1.RefreshToolbarButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
ARMA2 Launcher
   Assembly-Version: 0.9.7.0.
   Win32-Version: 0.9.7.0.
   CodeBase: file:///T:/ArmA%202%20Launcher/ARMA2%20Launcher.exe.
Microsoft.VisualBasic
   Assembly-Version: 8.0.0.0.
   Win32-Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000).
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll.
System
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Windows.Forms
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System.Drawing
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
System.Runtime.Remoting
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll.
System.Deployment
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll.
System.Deployment.resources
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.resources.dll.
System.Configuration
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
System.Xml
   Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000).
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
mscorlib.resources
System.Xml.Linq
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll.
System.Core
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
   <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

It happens now every time I launch the app.. and the configuration files

are unfortunately in the same folder. :(

Can you please add the option to fullscreen the app dialog?

http://www3.picfront.org/picture/NveNppSW4GY/img/0001.jpg

You can easily see what. :bounce3:

It says that the program does not have access to your X drive. I'm not sure there's anything I can do about that. I'm not sure how Ramdisks work, if there are any differences that would cause this problem. I can investigate, but my gut feeling is I won't be able to fix it on my end.

Also, I will look into making the app resizable. Several people have mentioned that. It should be added for version 1.0

I'd like to see 'Addons' and 'Launch Options' tabs together for quick access.

I had your launcher open over night, i had started Arma2 about 10 times, doing some testing and stuff over the last 12 hours and i just looked at ram usage it was upto 330megs. lol. I quit and restarted the launcher and its back to 12megs.

I had your launcher open over night, i had started Arma2 about 10 times, doing some testing and stuff over the last 12 hours and i just looked at ram usage it was upto 330megs. lol. I quit and restarted the launcher and its back to 12megs.

Strange. I've been trying and I can't get it over 12.5 no matter how many times I change settings or start the game.

Right now its back to 314megs usage. Peak usage was upto 350mb. Its now 11am , i havent run the game this morning, last time was about 15hours ago i started Arma2 with the launcher.

I won't be able to play today, to busy getting drunk, so i will leave it open and see what happens without running Arma2.

Edited by Nazul

There is an unhandled exception when 'Run Beta' is checked, but no beta .exe is installed.

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
  at ARMA2_Launcher.Form1.StartButton_Click()
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

I'll have it show a kinder error message, but that does deserve some sort of error. You can't expect it to do something with a file that doesn't exist.

I haven't even used your Launcher yet. But I have downloaded it. Friend I have read ALL ten pages of this post and I an frankly amazed at your work. Words can not discribe how god you are.

Thank You for all your labors and fine workmanship. This from an Old game that has fallen in love with ArmA 2.