Ok, I switched now, sorry alpinestar :D

SpiritedMachine: I don't know if that is possible, but it would be awesome if you could link an Arma2 profile with one of the launcher profiles, so that when you start A2 it will have automatically selected that Profile.

Haven't seen a command line option for that, though.

Also, try to implement the "same addon in multiple groups" option, just for completeness.

Oh, and before I forget: would be nice to create nested groups. For example having one group called "Air", with the subgroups "Planes", "Choppers", "Scripts". That way you have more control. Profiles aren't really useful for stuff like that.

Edited by [GCA] Salah ad Din

EDIT: To download the latest version, go to the first post.

OK, here is the latest update, quite a jump from the last build:

Version 0.8.5 - Download

0_8_5_0-ss1.PNG

Added Features:

• All-New Multiplayer/Online Functionality
  • Server Browser, scans hundreds of ArmA2 Servers (~750 as I type this)
  • Server Filters: Server Name, Public/Private, Mission, Map, Player Count, and more...
  • Save commonly-used filter configurations to be used later.
  • Search server results for specific keywords/numbers in a particular column, or all columns.
  • Add favorite servers to a favorites list, where you can give the server a meaningful name.
  • Add favorites manually. Gives the ability to use URLs rather than IP addresses, where applicable. (i.e.: server.3rdmd.net rather than 66.225.231.18)
  • Get a list of players currently playing in a server, along with their current score and death count.
  • Automatically activate mods based on the server you select. You will be notified of any missing mods.
  • Host an online game.
  • Probably more I forgot about...

At some point I know I need to make a quick-and-dirty manual, because it might not be apparent when you need to right-click on something, etc. I'll either create a video/series of videos, or a pdf manual in the future.

As always, thanks for using the application, and if you have any questions, comments, bug reports, etc, please let me know.

Edited by SpiritedMachine

FYI..

In Beta Patches...

[59479] Improved: addons in the My Documents are now organized by mod directories - until now, the only path supported was My Documents\<app_name>\addons - now, also paths My Documents\<app_name>\<mod_dir>\addons are checked for all active mods

like any folder in ...MyDocuments\Arma2\

I know I can add folders manually but I think path is in the ArmA2 standard now.

Also, on the server browser, I think "Ping Server" & "Refresh Server" options in the right click menu can be useful to ping & update single server.

well done..

Cheers

Edited by Cross

This launcher looks great : profiles, groups, descriptions, etc .... :eek:

Unfortunately, I can't get it to work : the drag & drop feature doesn't work.

Does the launcher work with vista 64 ?

edit:

Oops, yes it works correctly with vista 64.

Keep up the good work, thanks !

Edited by MQ-9 Reaper

I suspect that SpiritedMachine may well surprise us with where this launcher is going in its development... right now it's spot on - the primo SoloPlay launcher bar none

... better make that "the primo Arma 2 launcher bar none" !!!

Seriously Well Done! - I just knew this launcher was gonna be great!...

B

Below error when left / right click on empty space below the list in Addons Tab / Available Addons window on the left

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at ARMA2_Launcher.Form1.AddonsList_MouseDown(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

I get this error when trying to use the server browser.

Unhandled exception has occurred in your applications. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately

Could not find the 'C:\Users\John Binkowski\AppData\Local\Temp\serverlist.gsl'.

Below error when left / right click on empty space below the list in Addons Tab / Available Addons window on the left

Fixed this error, it was a pretty simple overlook on my part. I always had enough mods to fill the list and then some, so I never thought about what might happen if the list was partially empty.

It will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I get this error when trying to use the server browser.

Unhandled exception has occurred in your applications. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately

Could not find the 'C:\Users\John Binkowski\AppData\Local\Temp\serverlist.gsl'.

I looks like the program I'm using to create the server list doesn't like directories that include spaces or periods in the name. The only place yours does is the username, and mine just so happens to not have any spaces, kind of hard for me to catch. I'm glad you brought it to my attention, I'll get to work on it right away.

Great launcher Love the folder creation. Is there anyway you could get to it resize the window?

very impressive work. Will definately give it a shot tonight. I love that server browser :)

server browser is very handy as my Win7 & A2 combination cannot fully retrieve the MP servers list in the in-game browser. Both SMs and Yoma's browsers solve this issue.

Great launcher Love the folder creation. Is there anyway you could get to it resize the window?

I'll work on that for the next release.

Updated to v0.9.0

Download

Added the ability to launch Ventrilo or Teamspeak when launching ArmA 2, and automatically sign in and go to a default chat channel.

0_9_0_0-ss3.JPG

nice, I always use teamspeak when i play with my friends

edit: I don't know why, but i choosed my teamspeak settings, but decided not to start in with my first arma 2 start. I then quit the game and relaunched it again but this time with the option to start teamspeak with the game, but i realized my teamspeak settings did not save and it gave me an error (like: cannot find the teampseak path)

thx

Edited by nicolasroger

nice, I always use teamspeak when i play with my friends

edit: I don't know why, but i choosed my teamspeak settings, but decided not to start in with my first arma 2 start. I then quit the game and relaunched it again but this time with the option to start teamspeak with the game, but i realized my teamspeak settings did not save and it gave me an error (like: cannot find the teampseak path)

thx

I know it will launch both ventrilo and teamspeak, I have tested both. The problem with saving teamspeak settings was my fault, a stupid mistake. If you download it again everything should work.

I installed and configured it. Started Arma the first time and everything worked fine.

But after I shut it down I get from now on that error message:

clipb.jpg

I installed and configured it. Started Arma the first time and everything worked fine.

But after I shut it down I get from now on that error message:

clipb.jpg

I'm not very good at reading german, but it would appear that your .Net framework might not be up to date.

The german sentence says: the system can't find the stated file

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

I updated Framework, but the error still occurs.

Just tried this Launcher, it is looking great :)

When making a new profile, can we please create it as a copy of an existing profile?

Also, the command line can quickly get very long, can you please make this a much larger text box with (the effect of) wrapping and scrolling so the whole command line can be previewed easily without copying and pasting to an external program?

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

Crash bug to report:

Steps to reproduce:

1) Start Launcher

2) Profiles -> New

3) Enter name 'test'

4) Highlight new profile 'test' in the profiles dialog

5) Rename, Enter name 'test2'

6) Observe exception

It appears the new profile has not yet been created but the rename operation is allowed.

Just tried this Launcher, it is looking great :)

When making a new profile, can we please create it as a copy of an existing profile?

Also, the command line can quickly get very long, can you please make this a much larger text box with (the effect of) wrapping and scrolling so the whole command line can be previewed easily without copying and pasting to an external program?

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

Crash bug to report:

Steps to reproduce:

1) Start Launcher

2) Profiles -> New

3) Enter name 'test'

4) Highlight new profile 'test' in the profiles dialog

5) Rename, Enter name 'test2'

6) Observe exception

It appears the new profile has not yet been created but the rename operation is allowed.

Good catch. The profile isn't actually created until you hit OK, if I remember right. I'll look into that, as well as your requests.

Copying of profiles is a good idea. Don't want to have to drag and drop all those addons over and over...

Thanks.