EDIT: To download the latest version, go to the first post.

Yet another update... Up to v0.6 now.

Download v0.6.1.0

Added Features:

• Automatic migration of old profiles.
  • Refresh data (Reflects changes to arma2 directory, such as added or deleted addons)
  • Check for updates, download & start installer automatically. No need to download the exe from your web browser. (Found under the "Help" menu)
  • A tray icon + commands via right-click.
  • Option telling program what to do when ArmA 2 is launched.
  • Move groups in the treeview up or down via right-click menu.

Thanks to Armaholic for the mirror:

SpiritedMachine's Game Launcher v0.6.0.0 at Armaholic.com

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

v0.6.1

• Fixed problem creating profile folder.
Edited by SpiritedMachine

Anyone that has bothered to download the launcher and test it out, could you let me know if you've gotten it to run successfully? I've had a couple reports of errors right after choosing the arma2 executable, but I can't reproduce it on any of the three computers I have here at home.

So whether your experience was good or bad, I'd like to know if possible. If you had an error, if you could tell me some information about your arma2 install, if there's anything special about it, where you installed it, etc? Thanks everyone.

Hello SpiritedMachine,

I downloaded your latest version on my Windows 7 64 bit and it runs well, thank you

Hi everybody.....

OK - I've been testing the new version now for a day and I haven't experienced any errors at all... In fact, this is quite possibly the best, no-nonsense, no-frills, does-everything-you-need launcher I've tried so far!

The mod-ordering and groups function together make it tremendously easy to have different setups for different styles of play, or different mod/island combos for specific missions...

I've also had no problems with beta launching either - simple and straightforward - select the "use beta", it immediately wants pointed at the appropriate .exe, and you have a visual of the launch parameters at the bottom confirming that the beta folder is indeed (deeply important) the first modfolder to be loaded...

Like many other people, I used Kegetys Launcher for OFP and Arma, and automatically started using it for Arma2 as well - it's simple and effective too - but it doesn't have mod-ordering... well, it does, sortof... you couldn't order individual mods, but you could define a "mod" to actually be a whole string of mods in a specific order... a sort of primitive "groups" function, in fact....

This launcher beats it hands down on this score - no question...

Just trying to think what else Keg's launcher has.....

Well - a "launch this <selectable> program immediately prior to the arma2 executable, please" option I guess.... don't think I saw one in this launcher, but thats occasionally handy for esoteric things like Kegetys' "ArmaLib", and can also be used for launching freetrack, ventrilo, teamspeak, etc...

The other thing Keg's launcher has which I have to mention if this new kid is gonna be a contender is Multiplayer Support.... pretty good MP support too...

You can profile a server - with IP and password - have a specific selection of mods also linked to that profile, then you can either directly join that server from the main screen, browse a list of your saved servers (with live info on server status, players kills, etc), or even set a server "watcher" which will sit and keep you posted on the status of a chosen server so if it isn't a JIP game and you're waiting on everyone returning to the lobby so you can join in, you can have an alarm ring...

I suspect that SpiritedMachine may well surprise us with where this launcher is going in its development... right now it's spot on - the primo SoloPlay launcher bar none...

I'm only playing occasionally at the moment - most of my time on Arma2 being spent fooling with missions (vanilla arma2 only so theres no accidental dependencies added to mission), working on my island (vanilla arma2 plus the island, of course - plus the occasional other easily switchable island for reference/jealousy purposes), and the occasional game (everything on and the hell wi' the framerates)...

Three radically different mod requirements... easily switchable with this excellent launcher.....

Now if it had multiplayer support like Kegetys'.....;)

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Thanks Bushlurker and Watter for your comments. My goal is to make things quicker and easier for everyone. I'm definitely going to continue to add features, so check back every so often.

I just started this project 4 days ago, so bear with me as I continue to improve it. :)

I'm grateful for your kind words, and I'm very happy that it works well for you.

i just tried it and i like it.

one thing i would noticed, you cant have the same mod under two different group folder.

I would like to be able to do that.

anyway thx a lot

So you are forced to create groups? You cant just tick the addons you need and save to profile - done?

I really like ArmaLaunch1.2 because of the super fast handling of making new profiles. Maybe i missed something though? Comments i dont need as i know my addons in and out.

Liking it though - just need to wrap my head around it. :)

EDIT: The problem i get is i made all the groups (wich took a time to sort out), and then i was going to make 2 profiles and choose addons/beta-regular for the 2. When i made a new profile - all groups with addons was gone. They are only at "default" profile. How do i get them into a profile? Thanks.

EDIT2: NVM - change name of "default" i guess is it. Making a new profile however wipes that groups window clean again... Argh.

Tick boxes where you tick addons - SAVE - name profile would be great. Fast and easy. Making groups everytime you make a new profile is really testing my patience lol. I beta test a lot and make many profiles so its a bit frustrating.

Edited by Alex72

So you are forced to create groups? You cant just tick the addons you need and save to profile - done?

I really like ArmaLaunch1.2 because of the super fast handling of making new profiles. Maybe i missed something though? Comments i dont need as i know my addons in and out.

Liking it though - just need to wrap my head around it. :)

You don't technically need to create groups, one is created for you, but you do need to drag the addons you want over to the group treeview. This started as a personal project, and that was one thing I thought would be useful for me, so its just evolved from there. There's several launchers out there that do what you describe, I used alpinstars until I created my own because it was missing some things I wanted, and had extra stuff I didn't.

To each their own, I'm just throwing my version into the mix. :)

i just tried it and i like it.

one thing i would noticed, you cant have the same mod under two different group folder.

I would like to be able to do that.

anyway thx a lot

Nicolas-

I'm guessing you want to place it in multiple groups so you can switch one group of mods off and the switch another group on? If so, that's the reason I created profiles. Each profile can have a different configuration of mods, and you can quickly switch between those profiles depending on what you're going to be playing.

I can't think of any other reason to have one mod in multiple groups, but if there is, let me know, I will consider it.

To each their own, I'm just throwing my version into the mix. :)

Yeah ok, fair enough mate. ;) Its a nice launcher and im sure it will be very good for newcomers that arent so experienced with addons. The comments and group making should be good to them. For me that change mod order around often on a daily basis its a bit too much clicking around. :)

Alex

Nicolas-

I'm guessing you want to place it in multiple groups so you can switch one group of mods off and the switch another group on? If so, that's the reason I created profiles. Each profile can have a different configuration of mods, and you can quickly switch between those profiles depending on what you're going to be playing.

I can't think of any other reason to have one mod in multiple groups, but if there is, let me know, I will consider it.

yea that was exactly what i wanted to do. I though profiles were created for like wen your brother play he loads his mod with his profile and when you play you load your mods with your profile. Well it's ok then, I would still like to be able to do it but don't waste your time on it if your don't feel like doing it. Your launcher is now officaly my default launcher anyway:p

Im getting this rather long error when running the launcher and its not working correctly. Using Windows7, i believe .NET is already included for Win7?

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialogue box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find directory 'C:\Users\Sinister\AppData\Roaming\Spirited Machine\ArmA II Launcher\0.6.0.0\Profiles'.

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.CopyOrMoveDirectory(CopyOrMove operation, String sourceDirectoryName, String destinationDirectoryName, Boolean overwrite, UIOptionInternal showUI, UICancelOption onUserCancel)

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.FileSystemProxy.CopyDirectory(String sourceDirectoryName, String destinationDirectoryName)

at ARMA2_Launcher.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

ARMA2 Launcher

Assembly Version: 0.6.5.0

Win32 Version: 0.6.5.0

CodeBase: file:///D:/games/ArmA%202/Spirit%20Arma2%20Launcher/ARMA2%20Launcher.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Deployment

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

In the process of adding MP support to the launcher. Here is a progress shot of my server browser. Lots of features to be added as far as filtering goes, but in this image you can see the server list:

serverbrowser-ss1.JPG

I really like your work.

here are some constructive critism you may consider if you feel like it:

-it would be nice to have player count and max players under the same colum. like colum "player count: 12/32"

-is it possible to like "automount load" the necessary mod when you choose a server? (I can dream, can i ? :p)

I really like your work.

here are some constructive critism you may consider if you feel like it:

-it would be nice to have player count and max players under the same colum. like colum "player count: 12/32"

-is it possible to like "automount load" the necessary mod when you choose a server? (I can dream, can i ? :p)

The reason I have playercount/maxplayers in separate columns is for sorting purposes. As for auto-enabling mods based on the server's mods, that's something I'm working on right now, and I'm pretty excited about it. :)

@Bushlurker - Thanks :)

Here are the latest screenshots:

0_6_8_0-ss1.png

serverbrowser-ss3.png

The MP tab is really nice..

As a Feature, is it possible to add a button to show list of players on the selected Server.

Good job

The MP tab is really nice..

As a Feature, is it possible to add a button to show list of players on the selected Server.

Good job

That's something I'd love to add, but from my research so far I don't think its going to happen anytime soon. If I do get it added, I'll definitely post it here first.

Salah ad Din;1489046']wow' date=' that thing has advanced really fast. I might switch from alpinestar's launcher to your's.[/quote']

Hmmm - i thought the same thing, this has more features then alpinestar's launcher has, really liking it.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Can we download your latest version somewhere, i can only download 6.5.0

I released so many with just hours in between I felt like I was rushing things. So I decided to add all of the multiplayer features before I released another. I'll release a newer version sometime today.