Sign in to follow this  
daredbarn

Any way to save mission in progress on dedicated box?

I run a dedicated server using the dedi server .exe. Just wondering if anyone has any insight as to whether or not you can create a save point so when the server is shut down, you can return to finish the mission at a later time. I don't run the server 24/7. I do run a persistent battlefiend when it's up but would like to be able to manually save missions in progress like domination and Evo to be able to return later to finish them all the way through.

Hi look in the server section of this forum you will find posts on this subject !!

You need to edit the server.cfg and add the line:-

Persistant=1;

this will not only save your current mission it will also save player ranks.

Here is a link to a must have for those running a server; thanks to these guy's they have helped out many times:-http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/tutorials/dedicated/

I think he's looking for a way to grab a save point on a persistent dedi server. I'm not aware of any way to do that.

I think he's looking for a way to grab a save point on a persistent dedi server. I'm not aware of any way to do that.

Exactly what I was inquiring about... ;)

I would like to be able to run the server as required when we have people to play. I wanted, otherwise, to be able to save the current progress and be able to load the mission at a later time and have it continue at the point we left off.

We would also like this option. Anybody that can do this will make a lot of people happy bunnies :)