Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

Maybe we all should restraint ourselves from posting lol :D

Haha, this. :p

Oh, hang on. :butbut:

Its goin pretty good, fixed some things recently which have been holding things up but thats all sorted now so its back to full speed ahead again, i cant quite say when the release will be, but im hoping this month.

Great news OS! I'm so exited about this new version. Take all the time you need mate.

Dang isn't it Jesse "The Body" Ventura in your avatar??! lmao now that is old skool ;)

Strap this on your sore ass :coop:

sorry munger could'nt resist mate :D

Can't wait for the new blastcore, if it's even slightly better than warfx it's gonna be great :D

hehe.

Well its going good, ive been working alot on the soundmod and managed to setup the distance effects better. Each weapon, explosion & vehicle has differnt sounds based on distance from the player, about 4 sounds each ranging from 0 to 1200m. Its working pretty well and makes the game very immersive when you hear distant pops and thuds of whatever going off in the distance. Now all i need to do is make all the bloody sounds as theres alot of weapons and differnt types of munitions going off. Ive managed to do a few outta stuff ive already made in the past but alot of it is gonna to have to be made bleeh. Anyway if anyone knows of some good bootube videos of distant combat or gunfire let me know i can def use some good recordings to rip up and edit in.

Cheers :)

The Ross Kemp returns to Afghanistan, Restrepo and Tip of the Spear documentaries has some good quality sounds of distant combat. Sucks that it's youtube quality though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL_IOdj8t60

If you watch it all I'm sure you'll find something useful.

Is 1.41 for OA and have better effects? The larger explosions looked weird so I switched to ACE. I saw on ARMAHOLIC your WIP for OA and those looked much better.

Maybe you can ask permision to the people that makes the sound mods like ACEX_SM, JSRS, CSM, HiFi etc, etc I am sure they would be pleased to help in this awesome work

Im so impressed with your work OS. I will send you some distant samples you can play with tomorrow! :) This game REALLY need the distant sound-system for giving the player a far more fearsome experience. Im sooo tired of the idiotic snaps and shit. I rather hear the distant sound position instead to localize my enemy.

I got some distance stuff too, especially explosions. I'll pm you a link to download, hope they help.