Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

This looks very nice indeed.

The thing that put me off the previous release was the strange smoke clouds for smoke grenades and small things.

Is there a video to show how smoke grenades now look? Are you leaving the smoke plume to default BIS? Also what do infantry grenade explosions look like?

(please link me if I have missed a URL)

Yeh its basicly just a new name, i also dont like the idea of having version numbers anymore but codenames. also WarFX : Blastcore is the name of the package in whole, which will contain the particles, sounds and some other stuff. Although your still be able disable each one.

Does it works with CSM2 or we need to choose between the two sounds files?

I never saw any tracers on A10 strikes, maybe they were like a yellow colour if anything, but I defiantely can say they wernt red.

Speaking of that--if there are no tracers (I can only go by the videos on the internet, btw) is there a way of turning off tracers for the A10's in general at all? :confused:

Your mod looks incredible so far OpticalSnare. That video blew my mind!

Edited by djdel002

You don't see the tracers from the ground, only from the cockpit afaik

Very well done mate can't wait till its done. A question though can the dust cloud (ground level ) hang a around a little longer instead of dissipating so quickly as seen in the vid?

I can't speak for OS; but in the last release of WarFX the dust clouds from big explosions (bombs, demo charges, etc.) slowly move outward and don't dissipate until after several minutes. It looks awesome; but it kills FPS, so maybe it's a performance issue.

I blew up a Servo station with a Machine gun and was 100m away, haha I dropped to like 4FPS LMAO !!!

MAASSIVVEEE explosion..., went and made lunch and came back and it was ok after that... :P

Get a faster PC then!

:icon_rolleyes: ...Then give everyone who has performance issues the money for one

Edited by No Use For A Name

As much as I love a lot of the WarFX features I would say go with performance>looks. Some of the FX right now bring good rigs to their knees.

EDIT

holy crap post #1337. Awesome.

As much as I love a lot of the WarFX features I would say go with performance>looks. Some of the FX right now bring good rigs to their knees.

EDIT

holy crap post #1337. Awesome.

Hahahaha, wonderful!

Some of the FX right now bring good rigs to their knees.

Like what? :confused:

The only FPS issues I've ever had were from some helicopter addons' rotor wash freaking out and not working properly.

As far as I can tell, most frames will be eaten in combination or even single use with JTD's smoke ^^

Never had FPS issues with WARFX, and my PC isn't THAT good.

If I wanted performance I would stay with standard BIS effects. What I want is something amazing. If that can be done without an FPS loss then so be it. If I need to bleed a few FPS then so be it!

I'm not going to constrain OS by telling him to tone it done for a few !

Nah, it isn't powered in flight, it follows a ballistic flight path like an ordinary bullet.

Cheers good buddy :D

For me lots of smoke grenades or certain flames eat my frames

Same here but i have a single core

As far as I can tell, most frames will be eaten in combination or even single use with JTD's smoke

I agree, I also use JTD smoke, but in the userconfig set the codes to 0.5

to reduce the time, you still get a nice effect, and it dont really kill your fps.

//Smoke_lifetime_Particle - The multiplier for particle lifetime, affects how long each particle hangs around.
//1 = default, less = shorter, more = longer. (1 = 100%, 0.5 = 50%, 2 = 200%)

#define JTD_Smoke_Lifetime_Particle [b]0.5[/b]

//Smoke_lifetime_Source - The multiplier for smoke source lifetime, affects how long vehicles burn.
//1 = default, less = shorter, more = longer. (1 = 100%, 0.5 = 50%, 2 = 200%)

#define JTD_Smoke_Lifetime_Source [b]0.5[/b]

Like what? :confused:

The only FPS issues I've ever had were from some helicopter addons' rotor wash freaking out and not working properly.

jep, that was freaking crazy, even more on the chinooks

Well, ive been trying to keep performance / fps as high as possible without sacrificing the visual appeal too much.

Its best to take note that the last version 1.41 had alot of untested performance issues with some of the effects, that have only been discovered recently by myself. This should not be the case with the newer version as its been pretty much rebuilt from the ground up, back to the basics i decided. Its also worth mentioning that prior to the release of Blastcore, the mod will undergo a massive testing phase to squash any bugs or performance issues which may get overlooked by myself during the ongoing development.

Its also worth mentioning that prior to the release of Blastcore, the mod will undergo a massive testing phase to squash any bugs or performance issues which may get overlooked by myself during the ongoing development.

If you need a beta tester, hit me up please!

If you need a beta tester, hit me up please!

Same. :p Hell I'll get Task Force Blackjack to test for you. They love WarFX.

Edit:

We've got a whole bunch of veterans in TFB that have seen this kinds stuff, they'll be able to provide a lot of good feedback. Not to mention we have a broad spectrum of rigs, so that base is covered too.

Edit2:

Would it be possible to have different explosion for each ordinance type? For example, for a 500lb bomb, have some blast effects short and stout, some have a giant column that shoots in the sky and some in between. It would add some randomness and variety. Not to mention it would look really sexy.

These were all the same weight, but they all exploded differently.

Edited by b00ce