Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

To my knowledge F.S.M. is nothing else like a GUI based .sqf.

There is no big different by using F.S.M. or using a function which was executed with "call".

Functions which was executed with "call" do not have schedules.

The scheduling of FSM is different and less bound to time limits. It's not a panacea, but does do wonders when used properly. Debugging is harder though, it's a bit less forgiving in syntax, and you are prohibited from using code that pauses ( sleep, waitUntil, ... ). The last one is no big deal if you alter your mindset to use the state transitions for your waiting.

Overall - useful if applied in the right manner.

Right Evil_Echo ;)

Well one last thing about .fsm.

So far i only use .fsm if i'm inside of a script/function which was executed with "execVM" or "spawn".

Logical:

[_object] spawn
{
      _object = _this select 0;

[_object] call My_Function;
};

Okay since some time i thought call is call anyway where and how executed it's call but that's not true call inside of a "execVM" or "spawn" script/function will suffer from the 3ms delay.

So if there is something you like to execute very fast and without the 3ms delay the use .fsm to get things working like it should.

Truth:

[_object] spawn
{
      _object = _this select 0;

[_object] execFSM My_Function.fsm;
};

This will run through without any delay.

Man youtube is so crap, it messed up the quality and cant even embed videos properly.

5kG4Pd3RBYs

AWESOME!!! cant wait for this addon!

Wow this is looking absolute fantastic, can't wait!

Very happy to hear about this being updated - Has been one of my favourite mods since day 1 :)

M136 shouldn't have the incoming 'whoosh' sound, it's not a rocket.

is it just a dead projectile like an RPG round? thought it was powered myself for some reason.

M136 shouldn't have the incoming 'whoosh' sound, it's not a rocket.

I'm sure it's not the rocket fuel burning that makes the 'whoosh' sound, I'm sure it has much more to do with how it cuts through the air, like how bombs whistle as they fall, and how arty rounds have an incoming 'whoosh' sound too.

P.S

We need to replace the phrase 'whoosh' with something more professional, it's making us sound like children. :icon_rolleyes:

The only problem I had with the current version of WarFX Particles was that the smoke animations seemed to have some kind of a glitch whereupon if there were too many smoke-generating explosions within a short time frame, the smoke which had already been rendered seemingly disappeared and a new "smoke rising" animation loop ran, which made it seem kind of artificial.

In this latest video, however, it looks like that stuff's been fixed.

Awesome work on the mod...keep it up!

Excellent video - very realistic looking.

The only thing I'm not keen on in the current version of WarFX is that the black smoke from burning vehicles seems to be way too fast when it rises, looking unnatural. Could it be slowed down a little so that it's a bit more 'lazy', kind of like it is in DMarkwick's JTD Effects.

Really looking forward to the release, thanks OS.

Excellent video - very realistic looking.

The only thing I'm not keen on in the current version of WarFX is that the black smoke from burning vehicles seems to be way too fast when it rises, looking unnatural. Could it be slowed down a little so that it's a bit more 'lazy', kind of like it is in DMarkwick's JTD Effects.

Really looking forward to the release, thanks OS.

Yea its been redone, pretty much every effect has been redone since the last version.

I'm sure it has much more to do with how it cuts through the air,

like how bombs whistle as they fall, and how arty rounds have an incoming 'whoosh' sound too.

Like this:

This is a British reporter in Afghanistan running along with the Irish and the Afghan Army,

they are on a patrol and found the Taliban, in a compound across from them.

at 5:41 in the vid they call in Artillary 15 rds,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmXlgN8Fd90&feature=related

I can't belive how awesome that video is.

You are a god, I can't wait for the new version!

Will it include a sound mod? Will it be OA compatible aswell?

Like this:

This is a British reporter in Afghanistan running along with the Irish and the Afghan Army,

they are on a patrol and found the Taliban, in a compound across from them.

at 5:41 in the vid they call in Artillary 15 rds,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmXlgN8Fd90&feature=related

lol.. It's actualy 1 Royal Irish Regiment, which is part of the British army, not the Irish army.. :D

Wow!! I've seen the video and that's amazing. BI should pay you for that. THX for youre hard work.

Yea its been redone, pretty much every effect has been redone since the last version.

Sweet.

Very well done mate can't wait till its done. A question though can the dust cloud (ground level ) hang a around a little longer instead of dissipating so quickly as seen in the vid?

lol.. It's actualy 1 Royal Irish Regiment, which is part of the British army, not the Irish army..

Like i said a British reporter in Afghanistan running along with the Irish and the Afghan Army.

no specifics there as in they are the army, hence the word and. maybe I could have worded it better but

I never meant it was the Irish Army, I know who they are.

Anyways looking forward to the update!

is it just a dead projectile like an RPG round? thought it was powered myself for some reason.

Nah, it isn't powered in flight, it follows a ballistic flight path like an ordinary bullet.

Wow, really love that new stuff. Great job you are doin here.

Lookin forward to the release!

Just, as someone in your yourtube clip already posted, the fireball at the GBUs is too big.

The smoke(Earth,sand) is ok, could even be bigger if the engine allowes it.

Is it possible to change the color of the smoke depending on the survice the bomb goin off?

For example in more stone underground areas or urban areas it should be brighter, bit more white for example, then in normal earth underground where it should be black.

Anyway, amazing what u doin mate, BIS should hire you^^

Woah, me votes for ArmA2 video of the month. :D

Cant believe how real it looks, you must've studied endless RL videos for getting it right. Plz release release release.