Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

Well ive got OA now thanks to a donation :) anyway ive started porting the mod over atm everything looks good so shoundnt be long. :D

:yay:

thank-you.jpg

hi pal, just send you a nother small, but "little bigger" tribute donation m8! still not got the new job, but for u i will spare it willingly. if BIS sells a BAF DLC, then YOU (but also other modders, scripters, island builders, misions makers ect pp) also should diserve a gift for all the time, sweat, enthusiasm and the patinence that u and they had and have with the community, sir. also thx that you will be finishing WarFX for OA before you finally join the army. one of the best mods around at arma and i hope we will also get to see the new the muzzle flashes in the final version hehee.

all the best for your new upcoming "armylife" and i hope, just like the PR (Project Reality) guys, that also are in the army and still mod, that you will sometimes later, after it gets "a bit more boring" there after the beginning, continue to provide us sporadic here and there with some small or tiny updates for your superb mod.

keep up the good work soldier, all the best 4 ya future and thx again 4 finishing warfx before u hit the army,sir!

in rock'n mods we trust

best regards...Stoned Itse aka Chaostika7-17th @ [uDDP]

Edited by Chaostika7-17th

Affirmative, standing by for OA's Stable release.

P.s. 8 more days for the Youth Olympic Games (YOG) Opening Ceremony in Singapore, 1 more day to Olymic Torch Relay!

Ah good drills mate, cannot wait :)

Hi guys, im sorry if someone already bring this up but im having an issue with OA + warfx, when there is too much smoke (the white one deployed by armors as countermeasures) my game crashes with "too many virtual memory blocks requested", im not 100% sure if this is caused by warfx but i've heard it is, anyone else experiencing this ? I never had any issues in A2 and this smoke is the only thing that can make my game crash.

Edited by nocturna

Fantastic news!!!!!! I would've donate if I could, but Im outta job right now and living och bread and water. :(

I'm getting a broken link

Going pretty ok so far, i need a good Launcher tho. The spinning fire has been fixed btw. Basicly everything works ok, apart from the rocket flames which BIS replaced with their own which imo are bloody HUGE so il have to find out why my ones arnt working. I havnt tried the muzzleflashes or casings yet tho, the mod wont show up on the Launcher im currently using. Is there a better launcher which works with OA as mine is buggy.

What i might be looking for is someone who can get all the mods to work together properly as atm i can have muzzleflashes working but when combined with the soundmod which has the distant sounds scripted in they overide one another so only one will work. I dont have time to look into this so il just release it when its ready and someone can fix that up for me. Theres some other scripting needs to be done for example aircraft exhausts. The tracers mod where i had light emmiting tracers worked somewhat but in a heavy fight perf was serously affected. It looked really cool so il release the scripts for that for someone else to look at too.

If i can fix these few things il release it for some testing.

Edited by Opticalsnare

I'll definately dive into the scripts for them tracers, ive been dying to know how to do that ;) and good luck with getting WarFX ported over :D

Thats what im currently using but it wont recongize the other mods, the only ones showing up are the sound mod and particles mod everything else wont load up when selected in the actual launcher.... :/

did you put some space in your mod name ? because launcher and arma don't apreciat it

Ofcourse, the problem seems to be with the launcher it hangs trying to run the mods. Select the mod in the launcher and it just says preapring to launch arma2 OA in steam. Thats it nothing happens.

Edit yup fixed it by using a differnt launcher.

Edited by Opticalsnare

I dont uses launchers but this works for me if you can't get it to work hope it helps

"open steam go to your library left click on the AO program then right click on properties open set launch options put this in the line "nosplash -mod=@GLT_F16 " without the quotes. And when stem loads it, it will load all mods in this line. you have to have the mods an your AO folder "example @GLT_F16 folder most be an the AO folder.

then launch Combined Operations it works for me but I have both from steam

if possible, could you made your mod modular? as I dont really like your fire and smoke, and prefer JTD smoke effects, but I like everything else in mod though.

The spinning fire has been fixed btw. Basicly everything works ok.

So it is going be released in the next update

p.s. I like the dust effect from the helo take off

if possible, could you made your mod modular? as I dont really like your fire and smoke, and prefer JTD smoke effects, but I like everything else in mod though.
You wont know yet do ya? :mad:

@Opticalsnare; You're the man! You can have me as a tester anytime you want mate! Im soooo eager to test out your sounds with the distant-system! :D

optical could you answer my pm please? i think youre the only one who can help me, thanks

I cant remember how i did that. It was somewhere along the lines of changing the glass reticle of the aimpoint.