Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

Good luck with the Army mate, joining the best in the world for sure.

So am i correct in thinking there will be no fix for OA?

*blargh*

Mee ny sivari muualle itkemään ja rölläämään.

OpticalSnare

Well, have a good time in there will ya?

Good luck with your military career. 25 years and it's full retirement at your ranks pay :yay:

Try engineering if you can. Should turn you out as an officer (assuming of course you mean mechanical/electrical or such engineering and not just grunts building Bailey bridges :p )

Loads of after retirement civi opportunities as well. Driving heavy armour = heavy equipment operator , engineer of course = engineering opportunities.

Gonna miss your updates but hey..you got a future ahead of you and if nothing else , military life shur as hell ain't boring 'cause you get to play with the BIG toys. :bounce3:

And FYI , some of the PR team are actively serving in the BA so obviously modding and military life go hand in hand.

Best of luck.

Do not reply to him, he's suspended indefinitely until he can learn to act in a more civilised manner.

Opticalsnare

Good luck with joining up, I did 6 years in the Royal Green Jackets and served all over the world. At times you will hate it at others you will love it.

After all your training is out of the way and you join your Regiment you will find that Army life is still like a 9 to 5 job apart from exercises/ops of course, and you have loads of free time on your hands so would not say its the last of your modding days!

You will probably find your playing ARMA2 more than you do now :)

Well i will release what i have done soon ie the mods and stuff either complete and incomplete.

But in terms of the future i will most likly not be doing any projects, as i have decided to join the British Army and will proberly begin my training for that sometime, as i have already began to start PT and have very little motivation to work on mods or games anymore. Having a holiday away changed me somewhat as i decided on a change of lifestyle to go places and do things. Thank you for all the support and will keep you guys updated on my current status. :)

I wish you luck. I would like to request though that you make sure that your releases are signed with keys. This will assist in using them in multiplayer environments.

Can this mod use with Arma2 OA ?
Yes but the fire animation spins around like a wheel :(

Yes but the fire animation spins around like a wheel :(

humm

:(

waiting for OA version.

humm

:(

waiting for OA version.

It's not as bad as it sounds. You barely notice, and it hardly takes away from what you gain in terms of immersion.

Good luck in the forces matey, thanks for all your effort in CSM and this, truly great work.

Hey guys, I've got a bit of an issue with this - it seems that in some cases the fire particle when I shoot at a tank for instance is very, very fast, and it just looks awkward. In addition, I did another test, where the particle was very small and for some reason behind the destroyed vehicle. Anyone know how to fix this?

Also good luck in the army Optical!

Are you using this with OA? if so then don't because it does not work properly with OA.

Are you using this with OA? if so then don't because it does not work properly with OA.

Agree!

-I got no smoke fired from rockets

-No Sparks when far viewed

-I get fire spinning like crazy in clockwise direction [same with JTD Fire and Smoke]

Pls get the OA compatable..

Hmmm can't use WarFX in it's current state due to problems detailed ^^

Any chance of a fix before you hit the army OS ?

Tbh I'm glad Ive got this on my OA... I forgot how bad the standard BIS explosions and rocket/missile effects were... Fires are a bit mental but still looks way better than standard I think..

@OpticalSnare, Nice one with joining the forces mate, I served for 6 years and still regret leaving at times.

I'm sure you will do well, best advice I can give is when shit happens "take it on the Chin, crack on" a mentality that will made my life in the Infantry so much more simple.

Take care buddy

Good luck with joining the army :) I think if I fail my last year at uni or can't get a job as a graduate i'll join the BA as well :D

Someone with the know-how should carry this mod on. It's too good not to be ported to OA. I'm thinking a petition or something on armaholic?

If the dev is taking off to the military, he should pass on the source to his next trusted buddy so they can continue this mod.

Just a suggestion.

^^ That's my thought too... This cannot fade out in the myst!

Either Opticalsnare continues his work with it when he can or get some guy(s) and let them know all of his work and his future ideas and let them continue with this great work! :)

There is nothing preventing u to download depbo and modify the sources for your own usage. And if the updates u make are 'release worthy' u can always ask for a simple permission of the original creator.

Thanks for the releases and have fun in the army ;)

I hope someone manages to pick this up and run with it, would be sad to see such an awesome mod go the way of the dodo. Good luck in the Army OS! ;)