Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

Well there is ACE and there is WarFX as you can see they are different, so if your all for ACE then go with ACE but WarFX is going its own way and that way gots all the goods.

Edited by 1in1class
need

Heh, reminds me of the old FFUR vs WGL discussions :rolleyes:

Personally, I like em both depending on my mood at the time.

I just dont get why theres such a big thing about being competitive alround here. As i said before many times i never intended for this mod to be purely based on realism..

Its like i needa to stamp a big sticker on the front page or have a readme which just has a few words saying "Not Based on Realism, do not try this at home"

To get things looking as real as possible, all i can say is your gonna need a new engine..

Its really that simple.

I tried to make a realism effects package before and tbh it just turned into a effing nightmare of frustration and basicly didnt work out. Some people seem to think its easy as putting a few numbers here and there and hey presto you got a super duper realistic looking JDAM effect going off.

Uh huh if it was i woulda done something like that by now.

Maybe if i had more time to spend on the mod during the day i could do more to it, but i dont as i work fulltime, so my time is limited. :j:

don't change anything ! it's really cool ! waiting new effect =)

Yes OS forget this snorenoses ...always this vs.this ...that´s mickeymouse bullshit

WarFX is and remains the new effect reverenz for arma2 !

all other is to many vanila-bullshit

Many thanks for your time spend and his good work for this Addon:)

Agree most of the guys here, keep doing what you are doing. You're the one who is doing all the work and endless tweaking and bug fixes, and it's your project first and foremost--so it's your call at the end of the day how you want it to look. You've tried your best to listen to feedback from us all, but seriously you're going to stroke-out if you try pleasing everyone (which is impossible). I personally enjoy the current--whether or not it's 100% true to real life. Anything at this point is better than the vanilla stuff, well at least for my own personal tastes...

Keep it up and don't let people bring you down, mate. If you're happy with it, then that's all that matters at the end of the day--whether or not others agree or like it.

Hi OS,

love your mod, keep it up!

This is going in exactly the right directions, congratz to ur great work!

I just dont get why theres such a big thing about being competitive alround here. As i said before many times i never intended for this mod to be purely based on realism..

Its like i needa to stamp a big sticker on the front page or have a readme which just has a few words saying "Not Based on Realism, do not try this at home"

To get things looking as real as possible, all i can say is your gonna need a new engine..

Its really that simple.

I tried to make a realism effects package before and tbh it just turned into a effing nightmare of frustration and basicly didnt work out. Some people seem to think its easy as putting a few numbers here and there and hey presto you got a super duper realistic looking JDAM effect going off.

Uh huh if it was i woulda done something like that by now.

Maybe if i had more time to spend on the mod during the day i could do more to it, but i dont as i work fulltime, so my time is limited. :j:

I love you!!!!

seriously though just wanted to say thank you i love your mod and I have to agree with everything you say. As a modder myself people forget a) the time and b) the complexity that goes into these projects. Not forgetting that the end users ideas may not mesh with your initial project aims. The haters need to get of OS' back...if they want realistic effects (or as close to as possible) go lock yourself away in a room for 6 months and do them yourselves.

Yes in all words keep doing what you do Opticalsnare. Its an lovely mod and you know it is in all ways as most of us can say that. Ya your going to have them people that put out on the ACE thing but your doing it your way and its all good on that part, love the work and keep it going.

Edited by 1in1class
need

Some people seem to think its easy as putting a few numbers here and there and hey presto you got a super duper realistic looking JDAM effect going off.

If that was true we´d be swimming in wonderful effect mods right now.

We aren´t? Well, not so easy after all it seems!

Don´t let yourself get discouraged by comments or opinions like that.

ArmA modding is something for exceptionists (don´t know if thats a real term in english). Do your own thing, dont look left or right.

Only listen to those who know what they´re talking about. And never, never, let go of your personal enthusiasm.

tbh, i did´nt really like the new version comapred to the old one. What i expected was something else than what´s included in the latest beta. But still i see how much work went into this, knowing that you´re doing the best you (personally) can do. Nothing wrong at all with this. And definately not a reason to stop doing what you like to do.

I think WarFX are far superior in quality and looks, but I'm a sucker for realism so I use standard, even though they look kind of bland :(

How does one go about making an FX mod btw?

As to the competition thingy, like sound mods, can't fx mods be run regardless of what others in MP are running?

Indeed, i run WarFX all the time when other's aren't. Fun knowing when a tank is upon your group from the large dust cloud it makes lol.

Best thing to do would make it all modular if it was easy to do, so people can just not add the GBU effect if they didnt want or the Grenade efx etc etc.. Not me tho, ill use it all ;)

Can you please post a download link to 1.3 again? 1.41 is not signed and there are a lot of servers that wont let me join with 1.41.

Yer Really waiting to get this on the server, im also still on 1.3 - i see lots of peps getting rejectet from my server due no key :(

HI OS

Great job on this addon. Will you be enhancing effects for other weapons systems including arty guns and mortars. Also Im not sure if I mentioned this before, but when a helo lands it looks like its engulfed in dust that does not disperse. The dispersion happens when the helo leaves the ground. Other than that great stuff. This and Markwicks JTD smoke are a great combo.

i think warfx is great, use it all the time

but is it possible to add a userconfig file, so we can change how long the smoke stays before it disappears? and maybe some other variables. I'd like to have it linger around longer especially for the biggest ones and when there's just a few explosions, not hundreds

Id bet u r right - really looking forward to to it - just waiting for that server-key :)

Is there any way to configure what features will be used? I just love the sparks but hate bullet impact dust effects (they were good in vanilla but way too large with this mod)

I just love the sparks but hate bullet impact dust effects (they were good in vanilla but way too large with this mod)

no way dude :j: