Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

Haha, couldn't have put it any better! What albertors said! Thanks for your work, OS!

I have a suggestion though on this effect. How about (if possible ofcourse) making that flash fade out instead of the instant flash it is now. Im still on your side with that it should be a fast flash so im not suggesting some slow fade, but a very fast fade. I just think it would make that flash look even more spectacular. However its just a suggestion and its great as it is right now.

Do you mean like when you look at a firework in the dark, it burns an after image into your retina for a couple of seconds? That would be really cool. Not sure if it's in the scope of this mod, but good idea none the less :)

@ebolax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BNAoOaYyEg

ok let´s define smoketrail ;)

@OpticalSnare

thanks for reducing smoketrails

Ok I did say some :), maybe what I remember is the smoke from the weapon it self, but I do remember it vividly when I had an RPG shot at me. Maybe the smoke "trail" of the rocket it self could be reduced true. And yes it would be more visible at night you have a point there. But them sparks are there! ;D

i found this video here very nice the different colours from the impact dusk

Every time I've seen any kind of high-explosive go off the flash is very instantaneous. Any lingering light is produced from flying sparks and secondary ignitions.

Retinal burn. Yeah, that was a nice effect in Rogue Spear. Far superior to the white-out or black-out screens from a flashbang in the newer games.

Very nice work just gave the beta an try and wow. Iv see that the smoke comes up way faster then the older version. Is that the way its to be? Its like you put it in to 2x mode when the black smoke comes from vehicles. Also seen that when im firing my rockets on the BTRs they dont blowup.

There's a lot of guys who would love to help beta test this OS but we play on verified sig servers..meaning we need that bikey!! :)

UP :)

Also we need the signed release

your works is really really nice every day more than previous !

;)

I tried this last night for the first time.

I like the smoke on explosions and large explosions and particles and the trails etc. But I couldn't get away from the ground dust when shooting the floor, Id say that needs to be a tiny bit smaller in height and thinner, maybe a bit of particle mud getting thrown up? Also the particle spray on a grenade which was short and, well, not fitting to the explosion moment. It needs to be smaller particle sparks and more of a random palm tree effect to me and not so abrupt and same each time. maybe the sparks should be more smaller in radius and in the core of the explosion more? ... easy for me to say though I know this is NOT an easy task :)

Also the smoke used for smoke grenades seemed too much like a "thought puff cloud" you see in a comic layered and fading and just getting really big ... that was one feature I didn't like at all. What about a mix of a volumetric smoke like normal and a finer smoke image to keep it less obvious on the eye maybe?

Suffice to say I removed it and it wasn't my personal "cup of tea" :) That said for those who are not as anal as me and like the effects I can see the appeal especially at night in a big battle, especially for videos too.

Hard work is been put into it and that's more than ive ever done in this community .. so good job on that sir (and I do appreciate just saying some comments to the author and actually "doing" it are entirely different things).

Hopefully I wont get slapped for this post, tried to balance constructive and honest ... honest:)

Edited by mrcash2009

Yesterday I let crash a C-130. The smoke looked, well, I missed the look of burning oil, no real smoke column. When I zoomed in and out it looked like some smoke clouds were on my sight like the red dot and also got bigger and smaller. Seemed weird :D

We were flying some little birds yesterday Nap of the Earth. Looked outstanding. There are some things to clean up and all that but keep up the great work OS. Impressive. Everytime we play the people with WarFX are always saying, look at that and that was cool. So good job

Thanks guys your input is welcome. I will add server keys later on when the mod is more stable ie any issues are fixed and effects are working as planned. :)

newest version looks so fantastic, can't wish for more... except: smoke is floating REALLY fast above vehicles after destruction. as someone mentioned: 2x speed?

Yeah the smoke goes really fast after vehicle destruction. Also theres tons of fire too much fire when you destory a HMMV with a M136.

I really like the smoke coming off from the debris but it should be slowed down alittle bit also.

I havent extensively tested this yet, but are the new muzzle flashes in? I guess they are but for some reason, Ill see the old crappy ones for like the first shot then they will look alot better and smaller in scale.

Excellent work though just a few minor changes and ill be content. :)

Yeah I can say the same for the fast smoke. It's like watching a giant cigarette burn up. Aside from that and a previously mentioned detail about the dust effect from under the helo's everything seems good. Been enjoying the effects coming off TOWs as i launch them.

Every time I've seen any kind of high-explosive go off the flash is very instantaneous. Any lingering light is produced from flying sparks and secondary ignitions.

Retinal burn. Yeah, that was a nice effect in Rogue Spear. Far superior to the white-out or black-out screens from a flashbang in the newer games.

Hey thats what i said. :D I meant though that the flash could quickly fade instead of die abruptly. Would look neat in the night me thinks.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1591552&postcount=874

Alex

Here is a comparison of War FX & ACE FX effects vs real footage. I was curious to see this so made the vid!

-QeK9HZO36o

Hey good vid @vma ...WarFx is absolut the winner here ...i play with WarFx,Ace2;GL4 ...the combination is good i have more mud in the explosions,because Gl4 has in his grenade Fx many flying stones looks good i´ve not this see in the video ...

Here is a comparison of War FX & ACE FX effects vs real footage. I was curious to see this so made the vid!

-QeK9HZO36o

ACE FX seems better.....

Warfx GBU-12 is far from real in the vid. :confused:

Just fix the GBU...

In my opinion only Smoke Grenades are better in Warfx,seems like in the 203 explosion only mud/dust appears,the same happens for m67

Edited by Isola

ACE FX seems better.....

Warfx GBU-12 is far from real in the vid.

Just fix the GBU...

you be blind my friend:D Warfx is the bettest what it give on time.the Ace2 fx is to many vanila-like.

You are not happy with Warfx then not use it.

i didn't say i'm not happy,it was just an opinion.;)

you be blind my friend:D Warfx is the bettest what it give on time.the Ace2 fx is to many vanila-like.

I think the video doesn't really do WarFX justice. Is that really how it looks in game? In the comparisons it looks less like the real version then ACEfx does.

I'm not saying I don't like it, same as Isola, so don't give me that "don't use it" garbage either.