Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

Lol, all good things come to those who wait... BTW, doesn anyone else here find OS's Avatar extremely intimidating..!? ;)

Btw, and this is serious, can someone please define "spamming" as I am new to forums etc... proper noob I know (I know what a noob is; I think...)

Man, imagine all modders fun.. They sit behind their screen, staring at "Post reply" button, and have got uploaded addon with link ready, and they can think " Teasing time! :D" and wait few days and just enjoy the addon by themselves! :D

Oh man, you know there is a HUGE sense of humor with these modders.. Especially around 'April Fools' day. Watch, O.S. will prank with 'SpongeBob' particles and neon flashing sparks... *shakes head* Shouldn't give ideas... Shouldn't give ideas..

Which one? :confused:

Whenever this mod is released, I don't care. Just want it to be epic. :D

Not you. The correct answer is pretty apparent. ;)

Wow small sig Enad. :D Countdown til mods kick your arse for it.

So wheres the effects? :) Kidding, kidding.

the mud effects in GL4 are ok ... but a little too small ,and only for big MG´s.Am anxious to the new beta :slayer:

Am anxious to the new beta :slayer:

Seriously who isn't and I bet OS knows this by now.

One thing's for sure. When he gets everything fixed to his liking the end result will no doubt be fantastic.

my only real complaint ever with his mod was the very low FPS after a big explosion but OS has fixed that plus has gone miles over all my expectations im at a loss of words.

WARFX is no doubt my favorite mod for Arma 2! :)

beta beta beta beta! :yay:

You guys, this mod is gonna be.. Nice...

I hope he sorts out the bugs soon, my keyboard is getting fu**'d with all the drawling... :p

me too ,but thats is not real time or ? 0.4 time skale is slow i think...i would this see in real time ...oh man i cant w..t :o

I just noticed the shock dust kicked up. So subtle, so AWESOME!!!11!! (this is taking 30 years off my personal character! lol)

Methinks I need to play a Shock and Awe as soon as I DL this little gem.

Kristian: *Horror* how could you let a swear word like the 'N' word out of the DR topic.. It's, it's, unconscionable! :p

Edited by Scrub

how large is performance hit for one shilka/tugnuska shooting? Since the effects look really nice, compared to the few faces BIS had used. So if there is like 2 groups shooting at eachother, is there a large performance hit?

I rlly hope these effect mods comes out today. :) I remember OS said he will release 2/3 separate mods in new threads, right?

1 for WarFX (new)

1 for muzzleflashes

1 for (dont remember).

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I rlly hope these effect mods comes out today. :) I remember OS said he will release 2/3 separate mods in new threads, right?

1 for WarFX (new)

1 for muzzleflashes

1 for (dont remember).

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that's the case. We have to wait and see.

Maybe today !?:whistle:

Leave him be. He will release it when it's ready. He's made that clear. Is there a need to spam a few times a day? It will be released as soon as he's ready.

Leave him be. He will release it when it's ready. He's made that clear. Is there a need to spam a few times a day? It will be released as soon as he's ready.

Second that. It's getting really tedious dropping in on this topic to find all the posts are "is it out yet?" or "when will this be ready?".

Second that. It's getting really tedious dropping in on this topic to find all the posts are "is it out yet?" or "when will this be ready?".

Amen to that. I feel for OpticalSnare and the Moderators.

Maybe today !?
We can only hope!
Big upload..... Or big bugzzz.....

Enough with the spamming and asking for news/new versions now. Or do any of you really think by spamming the thread anything happens faster?

Sit and wait and if you have nothing constructive to add to a thread then don't post at all.

Does anyone know if there is a way to stop it from "cleaning up" the effects? (or reduce it when it isn't needed) I know it's for saving performance but just before I was firing RPG's at empty cars and the "smoldering" smoke (very little) from the four cars was removed when I fired another [5th] RPG into the area (apparently there were too many particles .. ?). Tested without WarFX and it runs fine, the smoke stays the same. There was no noticeable FPS difference either.

Edited by LJF

that's exactly my ONLY gripe aswell mate, but I think that's one of the main problems he's tackling with this new version, as there's gonna be a "lite" particles version from what I gather and thus hopefully nae dissapearing thangs..!

Ah right, thanks. Looking forward to the new version :)