Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

Sounds great OS, really looking forward to this. Will your Tracers mod be bundled with warFX? I really like how you added tracer rounds at the end of the magazine. With ACE disabling the magical round count function, it's super useful to know when you're reaching the end of the clip :)

Well try out an AK with ACE, you have a racer load at the end of the Magazine too

Ok well ive been working mostly on the bulletimpacts and made some good results. They are toned down and alot faster and look alot better. Theres also a perf increase with lots of units or if there was lots of impacts so thats also a bonus.

Hi Opticalsnare,

In your "Lite" version of WarFXParticles are you reducing the amount of particles initial explosions give off, as when it's used with JTD Fire And Smoke (another must have classic addon) sometimes we have the dissapearing smoke/explosions thang!

I know it's picky as hell as this really is a fantastic mod, but it seems almost essential to get something so fundamental to immersion working 100%, no visual errors etc. It's really gutting- you're in a HUGE firefight, smoke billowing everywhere, then a missile strikes home, and all the smoke dissapears, resets, and starts over again COMPLETELY breaking any immersion you once had... :(

Picky as hell, but what'd be the complete Dogs B's would be a .cgf file we could tweak aswell for the amount of particles given off in initial explosions as they SEEM to be the ones that start this reset of the engines particles draw system..?!

Anyway, my two pence (not cents; we are British after all chaps, tally bally ho. Lol... Just kidding! Need to spice up these forums!!!)

Anyways, glad to be part of this forum!

Mean!

Does anyone else here know if there will be an option to turn down the particles emmited on explosions etc..? So we can have more without the dissapearing smoke problem? Or, when Opticalsnare says there will be a Lite Version, is this what he means..?

Yes the Lite Version will have reduced effects which will hopfully reduce the chances of the cut-off.

I dont know how to setup a user setting cfg file so people can customize their own effects atm, its def a idea tho and i would like to implement it into the mod.

Just do the Opticalsnare wonderfulness first ..... the lite version can follow in the fullness of time.

Just do the Opticalsnare wonderfulness first ..... the lite version can follow in the fullness of time.

^^ Agree

@Opticalsnare- Possible answer to your user stting config problem. Feel free to download one (or all 3;)) of my mods in my sig. I use a file in the userconfig folder to allow for adjustments to the mod, which is what I think you were looking for. Just unpack the PBO and look at the config.cpp file as well as the HPP file in the userconfig folder. All 3 of them use the same concept and you should be able to see how I did it when you look at my files. Feel free to PM me after you look at 1 of them if you have any questions:).

Edited by Mysteryman5150

anyone?

Hi, not trying to be a smarta## but maybe a better graphics card?

I'm running GForce 9600 and have no blocky smoke.

It's nothing to do with your gfx card, its a conflict between mods. Just cant remember which ones - make sure all are uptodate.

anyone?

I don't think there is anything to fix.

I think it's been done to improve FPS.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Can I complain about the smoke?

There's just too much and it spoils an otherwise great mod.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10mtjcSf4RA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10mtjcSf4RA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Don't think so..and its not smoke..it's DUST..

The impact and explosion would create a hell of a dust cloud..watch some real ordnance being fired and you'll see what I mean.

Dont worry the explosion effects have been extensively worked on theres alot more differnt effects for each weapon class now, so a TOW has a differnt impact to that of a Hellfire in shape size, dust, smoke bla bla, and so on for like the Javelin,M136,Hydra etc.

Atm im stuck on the big stuff like Bombs and Artillery impacts, they look ok but i want to try and get the smoke right in the way it forms with the actual explosion if you know what i mean. And also trying to keep the effect looking good and nice and fancy without stressing the engine too much is also a bit of a mission.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Dont worry the explosion effects have been extensively worked on theres alot more differnt effects for each weapon class now, so a TOW has a differnt impact to that of a Hellfire in shape size, dust, smoke bla bla, and so on for like the Javelin,M136,Hydra etc.

Atm im stuck on the big stuff like Bombs and Artillery impacts, they look ok but i want to try and get the smoke right in the way it forms with the actual explosion if you know what i mean. And also trying to keep the effect looking good and nice and fancy without stressing the engine too much is also a bit of a mission.

Sounds great OS. :D

Heres a quick video, its still a WIP ive been working on this effect all week and its just about taking shape it still needs some work tho and needs to be optimized more but overall its getting there. The video quality is crap tho theres loads of little bits of dirt and stuff you cant really see which is a bummer but anyway heres the vid

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aRKYpyhnBs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aRKYpyhnBs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by Opticalsnare

Wow thats beautiful!

OS you need to get in contact with BIS, and see if they can hire you as their lead FX guy. :D

Can't wait for the full release, me and my squad want this mod so badly!

What I don't see is the initial flash that is caused by the detonation. Is it/will it ever be a feature?