Sign in to follow this  
Hidden

Why i am building a p4 pc....

Look, we´ve got a bus. And it has a timetable too!:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"A few words about interactivity: the world in Resistance *lives* - at least before the war begins. One example: one of the new vehicles is a bus. There is a normal bus line with a normal timetable and you can use it, if you want…"<span id='postcolor'>

What about this:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In the single missions section, we will bring players some more army-style missions. This means large battles, more missions where you play as a US soldier, etc. We expect to have over thirty missions in Resistance plus some multiplayer missions and templates to help you easily make new ones.

<span id='postcolor'>

Or this:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The engine keeps all advantages of the original Operation Flashpoint - a large outdoor dynamic environment. There are some new improvements to the engine - support for higher resolution textures will be probably the most visible, and there's also a special algorithm to give a smoother look to the terrain.

The engine is very scalable even for older PCs, but to fully enjoy Resistance I estimate the gamer should have a CPU at 733 MHz or faster, a 32 MB hardware T&L capable 3D card and 256 MB RAM.<span id='postcolor'>

Most mod makers already know this but..:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Operation Flashpoint was always very open to the mod community because the whole concept of the game was designed as an open environment. Operation Flashpoint: Resistance will offer some new features for mission editing that will open even more capabilities to create new types of games in Operation Flashpoint. Apart from what is built in the game, we already started a specific program "Breathe", under which we're going to help the mod community to create some very good content for Operation Flashpoint and Operation Flashpoint: Resistance<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The entirety of the new campaign is located on a completely new island, bigger than each of the previous ones. The graphics on this island are completely new - new houses, trees, roads etc. The scenery varies from small villages to large towns (larger than in original game), from deserts to dense forests. You will encounter large mountains, a factory complex, and the large ruins of a medieval castle. As in original game, all this is accessible all the time. It is one island; there are no "arenas" or "mission areas".<span id='postcolor'>

Oh oh oh.. can´t wait! biggrin.gif Just had to say it, Resistance looks even more promising than OFP itself! BIS, you ROCK!

Read the rest here btw:

http://actionvault.ign.com/features/interviews/opflashres.shtml

Hidden

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The engine is very scalable even for older PCs, but to fully enjoy Resistance I estimate the gamer should have a CPU at 733 MHz or faster, a 32 MB hardware T&L capable 3D card and 256 MB RAM.<span id='postcolor'>

DARN! I only have a 700 mhz cpu... Ah, the cruelty! I hope it doesnt come any new expansion for OFP with awesome improvements, then I wont be able to play biggrin.gif

Im set for Resistance, but Im probably gonna have to get a GeForce 4 for Independence Lost... runnin a GF3 right now, one of the first ones, lol

GF3 will have more than enough juice to run this baby. I would go for an Athlon, too. Cheaper and faster. U need more?

I want to be frozen until its released or I wish they didnt tell me until a week before.

How can I fing out my computers spec? It must be quite good becuase when I use benchmark setviewdistance I can see miles.

Yup, it seems that resistance will be great. smile.gif I can wait anymore and my computer is great. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Which cards have T&L support...I've got a P4 1.8ghz, 256mb RAMBUS, but my video card (Geforce 2 MX400 64mb) doesnt seem to have T&L support, to fully enjoy Resistance should I get a Geforce 3?

Yeah, save some money and go with an AMD processor. I have one rated at 1.7 Ghz w/ 256mb of DDR ram. All I need is something to replace my VooDoo 3.

How much $$$ are GForce 3s running at now?

And ATI cards are buggy as hell. I got a radeon... I'm never buying an ATI again. Bad drivers. I get the option of 2 resolutions, I cant play HL in opengl cuz it crashes, its just not worth saving the 50 dollars.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dawdler @ Mar. 30 2002,11:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The engine is very scalable even for older PCs, but to fully enjoy Resistance I estimate the gamer should have a CPU at 733 MHz or faster, a 32 MB hardware T&L capable 3D card and 256 MB RAM.<span id='postcolor'>

DARN! I only have a 700 mhz cpu... Ah, the cruelty! I hope it doesnt come any new expansion for OFP with awesome improvements, then I wont be able to play biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Is it Intel or AMD? I have a 700Mhz Duron and it o/c to 1Ghz nicely. Big ol' heatsink on it, swiftech MC426, but it keeps it right around 42C at 1.8 volts. It's been running like this stable for around 6months and it's on around 6-10hrs a day.

Also been able to pick up a Gf4 for a sweet deal, so things are running nicely biggrin.gif

COLINMAN

I once had an AMD based system, i must be alone it was a heep of crap , i went back to Intel and no more crap for me and OFP never crashes . once i was the person smashing my head on the desk wondering why wont OFP run with out crashing . well thank god for electrical storms . I am not longer captive to AMD.

you must all think i am strange

also if you buy anything other than ASUS vid cards you have flushed you cash (i found that out the hard way)

I should have no problems...

Pentium 4 1.3gh

512 MB RDRAM

Geforce 3 Ti500

The Bus thing sounds cool im gonna take the bus with my OICW and blow the driver and bring everyone to a deep fall pit and Splash!

*Evil I Am*

A: AMd duron/atlon/Tbird CPUs are just as stable as Intel chips and faster and cheaper.. this has been confirmed.

B: HW T&L on current video cards (including the GF3TI500) will SLOW DOWN the graphics on a faster computer (1.4ghz+ with good fast ram) because the cards clock is MUCH MUCH slower than the PCs .. see for yourself.,.

Hi All

Have been browsing the forums for last 3 hours, searching for info(/experiences) with dedicated servers!...

I read that required min. specs are: PIII800Mhz!..

was wondering how much I would gain by purchasing a larger CPU (AMD/Intel(/Celeron))?...

Does the ded. server "create" any graphics?.. (yeah, admitted It sounds like a dumba**, question! ), but since the dedicated server is configured almost like a normal OFP (/Users-folder).

All in all: Want the best server-conditions, but dont wanna buy something that is not really necessary!.. (ie. a HUGE CPU! )

Anyone found any good sources about standalone/dedicated OFP servers on the web, plz gimme a link!. wow.gif

Thanx

EazyOne

Kewl...My total amount of posts!..: 1 biggrin.gif