Sign in to follow this  
i3luevein

City Life 2 RPG MOD (WIP)

Can't wait to see a release or even an open beta.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Wish the Swat units were quite a bit more intimidating... For example, in ARMA 2 we have the Russian MVP and there gear and uniform, which I find pretty intimidating.The sheriff/deputy look great. The paramedic looks a bit like an inmate with reflectors on his jumpsuit ha.

i like those pics very much, i agree with black coffee to an extent, the swat teams should look intimidating, but like swat teams still. go for "harder to see" more than "lets look heaps awesome when we do get seen". try giving them a bit more gear on their fronts and legs like these guys:

575 kb

keep the black uniform if u want though, that looks quite impressive

Edited by W0lle
Image > 100 kb

Wish the Swat units were quite a bit more intimidating... For example, in ARMA 2 we have the Russian MVP and there gear and uniform, which I find pretty intimidating.The sheriff/deputy look great. The paramedic looks a bit like an inmate with reflectors on his jumpsuit ha.

i don't know how paramedic look in your country, but in many countries looks like that and reflection belts are must because of saving people in night on road:

http://www.szpitaltbg.pl/galeria/rajd/rajd01_l.jpg

http://www.edu.wroc.pl/kadra/photo/ratownik_02.jpg

http://wzajemnapomoc.info/foto_content/1203157024_big.jpg

I know most cities are struggling with budget constraints, but do they really have to share one magazine?

Edited by W0lle
Quoted 575kb image

I know most cities are struggling with budget constraints, but do they really have to share one magazine?

hahahaha :D

Edited by Vino3

Made my day :D:D

Personally what vilas has made for us is perfect. Loving the new Paramedic mate.

Don't compare city life with how things look in your home town. Every where is different.

i like those pics very much, i agree with black coffee to an extent, the swat teams should look intimidating, but like swat teams still. go for "harder to see" more than "lets look heaps awesome when we do get seen". try giving them a bit more gear on their fronts and legs like these guys:

Isn't that an Airsoft team?

Edited by W0lle
quoted 575 kb image

maybe ASG, a lot of ASG pictures in internet make mess and people have problem to find real info ,

real police do not run with a lot of equipment cause they have to be fast-moving in buildings

they may have small gas-mask, but mostly handcuff, few magazines

policemen who is to arrest someone fast is not soldier who goes to war and stay there some days before new reinforcement comes

policeman has all in van in front of building , probably in many countries it look similar, guys on this picture has very big pouch for mask, very uncomfortable , very problematic crossing small doors or windows, and making a lot of noise when you sneak silently

second - who the hell carry NAME patch to be recognized by bandits and had family killed because he arrested him ?

and faces are too uncovered and big army-type connection device on vest, not small on ears

even security in super market has on ears system

Edited by vilas

hmmm, convincing argument, but you could add a pistol pouch or sumthing to one leg or chest to give them less of a pyjama look :D

Isn't that an Airsoft team?

hahahaha, I was thinking that! Doesn't look aggressive at all, they cant even get equipment that fits and their helmets are too big warn on a slant. :D

working on such complicated mod (scripting, missions, stuff) is weeks/months, not days

be more patient, those guys work hard to get good result and it requires many weeks

maybe ASG, a lot of ASG pictures in internet make mess and people have problem to find real info ,

real police do not run with a lot of equipment cause they have to be fast-moving in buildings

they may have small gas-mask, but mostly handcuff, few magazines

policemen who is to arrest someone fast is not soldier who goes to war and stay there some days before new reinforcement comes

policeman has all in van in front of building , probably in many countries it look similar, guys on this picture has very big pouch for mask, very uncomfortable , very problematic crossing small doors or windows, and making a lot of noise when you sneak silently

second - who the hell carry NAME patch to be recognized by bandits and had family killed because he arrested him ?

and faces are too uncovered and big army-type connection device on vest, not small on ears

even security in super market has on ears system

Vilas, many wear name patches, at least in the US,not any different from uniformed beat cops, SWAT just has additional training to deal with specific types of situations. Names don't really matter, unless you are an undercover investigator, that is where people have real concern for their lives and their families.

well, maybe in US yes, but in US it is not problem to be policeman, in my neighborhood it is sometimes problem

you don't order pizza cause someone may spit in it and etc.

in my country SWAT are face protected, name protected etc.

but of course other countries systems

like with reflectors on paramedic, someone told my looks funny, while in europe all paramedics look similar (road self safety issue in dark)

there were also US vs. UE differences in semitrailers, your US trailers have no protection against accident when car get under trailer

i watched in TV US program where US businessman was saying about "costs" of protection to transportation business

while in Europe such protective bumper is a must to avoid car get under trailer in highway accident ( http://www.adremtruck.com.pl/gielda/foto/image427_1.JPG )

in my country you cannot ride truck + semitrailer without bumpers, while in US many people die beheaded because their car get under turning trailer

so we have different systems and regulations

all what i done to CityLife is on European base (except sheriff)

one thing i don't understand is institution of Sheriff (why double police job)

but of course it is offtopic

but guys on photo probably are Airsofters wannabe , not real Police

SWAT i did for CTL looks like typical european SWAT

SWAT i did for CTL looks like typical european SWAT

And we love them and all the work you have done.

working on such complicated mod (scripting, missions, stuff) is weeks/months, not days

be more patient, those guys work hard to get good result and it requires many weeks

i didnt ask for a release date...i just asked how it was going, any major problems, big models completed etc....anyway, good work to all the people who are making this mod, it is fantastic work youve done so far

Hey mate, I'm away at the moment, but I'm going to encourage the BETA testers to visit here and tell you there thoughts and put some images up etc..

ArMaTeC has reported that he has improved many thing like the arrest script. You now as a policeman have handcuffs in your inventory and can detain someone, walk them to your car and place them in it. Remove the cuffs and they go back ion your inventory.

He has also made our save system fully html compatible where you can see every ones saved data online (Not password of course) filtering money, licenses and shops owned etc.. So there is scope there to run a weekly competition on who can earn the most cash and successful business man/woman.

The main thing we were lacking was civilian car choice, but Sigma gave us permission to port his cars from ARMA 1 to ARMA 2 on the basis we release them publicly also. So I can envisage this is taking some time as ColdFuse is working on them and I expect ArMaTeC is also but I'm not 100% sure. We currently have 189 functions that need testing.

PROTO will be drafting some sort of police guide, law and order, and the BETA testers will be testing.

That's about it in a nut shell really mate. But I can assure you, we are also excited about the release as much as any one els as we want to play, starting life in City Life with $0 and nothing and trying to get my sorry arse off the ground to king pin :)

Well decided I’d add my thoughts and knowledge to this discussion, hoping to give people a bit of an insight into City Life 2 beta.

I have been fortunate enough to have been listed on the closed beta team, unfortunately due to real life commitments my gaming hours are allot less than I would like.

However my limited experience of City Life 2 has been great.

In Armed Assault I played a great variety of role playing mods, Sahranilife, Sahraniville, City Life and a few private missions with friends.

The step up from the features available in these games to those available in City Life 2 is incredible; my opinion is clearly going to be bias but who really cares.

I don’t have any screenshots at the moment but the next time I get to take part in one of the big tests I will grab a few and post them up here.

Anyway down to the interesting stuff.

City Life 2 is such a great improvement not just because there are so many more features, but the way it’s implemented. For example previously in such games there have been vary basic systems for arresting e.g. the police officer gets close to the suspect, accesses a menu and with a click of a button the prisoner is in jail… this is a quick and easy method of arresting someone, however it is clearly not realistic. With City Life 2 there is now a more advanced system which has been described above.

Advancements are also apparent within the license testing situations, rather than simply paying for a license as in older RPG mods you must now successfully pass a test in order to receive your license.

I have found that even in these early stages of development the game is still incredibly playable and with expanding features and player base I can only see it getting better.

As far as I am aware the Devs are planning on expanding the closed beta to incorporate a few more of our members at the city life website.

Why not hop on over and register and get more inside information?

http://www.cityliferpg.com/f/index.php

Hi peeps,

It's getting hard to find good BETA testers that are willing to come help test rather than join the BETA team, download the addons then never see them again.

To that end we are looking for willing applicants that fit this simple criteria:

1) Have TeamSpeak (With MIC) and are able to come into TS and talk whilst testing with us.

2) Can read previous bug reports (About 10 minutes of your time in the forum) so you don't report the same bug's.

3) Has a little knowledge on running ARMA mod folders.

4) Test things fully and then report them in the forum.

5) Have more than 20 minutes a day to game, we are on every day and someone is in TS 80% of the time.

I know, simple isn't it :)

If you think you can help please register at our forums and fill out this application.

http://www.cityliferpg.com/f/applicator.php?app=1

Thanks and I look forward to your assistance.

i3luevein

I promised to you do not post here anything until your release but I still can't see what actually goals has your mission. Please, post in two simple sentences what kind of roles can play gamer and what are goals for these roles. Thx

P.S. I can participate in beta testing but not sure I can do it every day and not sure my English is good enough for teamspeak but I can try.