Sign in to follow this  
mischmerz

Female Fighters?

Ok, ok. I realize that 99% here are guys. Though there are a few women around playing ArmA2. The girls in the game can't use any weapons (script editing). There should be some at least some females in the game allowed to use weapons. Were in the 21 century. And a female sniper's bullet hurts as much as a male sniper.

So - please: At least add a female resistance fighter.

Thanks.

mm.

It's not like you would get to choose your character anyway except if the mission is designed that way, so the "female players" argument hasn't much ground. If you've seen World of Warcraft, most of the female characters are played by dudes.

I would be happy if the current female civilians were able to fit in cars properly and carry weapons.

Edited by Captain Carnage

I think it's really important to be able to have female characters carry/use weapons and also drive vehicles.

Especially from the point of view of having female guerilla fighters.

Women have played key roles in resistance movements throughout history - notably the French Resistance in WW2.

Yeah - I know that some of you guys wouldn't want to see women in uniform. But we should at least have the possibility to include armed females in (self-) scripted missions - including appropriate voice files.

mm.

It would be alright if they were rebels or something, but not full blown soldiers.

Yes, because there are no women in front line squads.

:rolleyes:

Is there an important reason NOT to have female soldiers/guerillas/or whatever you want?

Sometimes I cannot understand the way that BIS is thinking.

Sometimes I cannot understand the way that BIS is thinking.

They were probably thinking that conflict is usually a sausage fest, they would be right.

There are many females in the US military. However, they are not allowed into the combat arms MOS's (infantry, arty, armor, ADA ect).

these are the MOS that are portrayed in ARMA 2, and thus it makes sense that there are no female US marine or Russian army soldiers in game.

however, it is odd that the female civs are unable to wield arms (probably BIS ran out of time resources to do female animations)

there have been a couple large and flame-y threads on female soldier models all ready if you use search (in arma2 general I believe)

Have anyone tried using a female model with a male animation setup? I wouldn't mind female soldiers in the game, but I fear they would be too frequently used by mission designers and mission modders, ruining gaming credability. Imagine Domination with nothing but female soldier - I think it would happen someday...

I woundn't mind female soldiers, but I'm also content with only male ones. I'm more concerned with how they (civilian females) can't be used to do basic tasks such as driving etc.

I'm more concerned with how they (civilian females) can't be used to do basic tasks such as driving etc.

... :p

*cough* Perhaps not an entirely inaccurate simulation after all. :D

-k

Lol! Not what I ment though :D Can't say I'm too fond of the soldier driving as well at times, but at least they know how to sit in a vehicle :)

The ai driving is bad enough, imagine how bad it would be if the drivers were both AI and female...!!!

You should post this in the addon and mod: discusion forum - maybe some dude or girl would make you an female army addon.

From my point of view it wouldn't matter if the soldier is male or female if you play it in first person you don't see anything of it. so why the need.

Its for the ones you see. Not necessarliy the ones you play. Having options is what ARMA is famous for.

i don't know if model of animation for male model would fit female model of animations

cause you may get situation where hands will be streched too much or head will go other direction

look at Arma 1 and miss jurnalist model, when you used her as model with other animation, than fingers, hands were totally deformed

many things that BIS made in game are only scenery and comparing to other games, here we have more playable objects than scenery

while in other games (not even talking about scripted missions) almost all is just scenery

here scenery are trains, women, animals

probably BIS had no time to focus on all aspects, as there were much more important things to do than animating all characters with all possibilities

Now that "don't ask don't tell" is gone we might need need trans models with guns and maybe some MBTs paited pink?

:yay: (kidn)

maybe some MBTs paited pink?

:yay: (kidn)

hmmm... honestly i was thinking about such addon and some PikaChoo on sides

like in WW2 pilots painting shot enemy planes

so i was thinking about the same - pink and crossed pikachoos

Is there any way to make civilian women to hold weapons? Like editing some config.cpp in order to make them use male animations.