Sign in to follow this  
randir14

The ultimate sim fan?

I found this video when looking up DCS Black Shark. This is crazy :eek:

Good ol' CAT. :)

There are other guys over at DCS that have awesome cockpits. They are dedicated to the max those guys.

Yes its DCS:Black Shark. And soon DCS:A-10

Highest fidelity combat flight sim so far regarding flight model and avionics. Uber stuff. :)

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

SCREENS

Better check the systems and how it works though. Its really amazing.

EDIT: The Apache will come as well. Flying that with a mate... Oh lord. PIC PIC2 :)

Alex

Edited by Alex72

ive seen some in pictures and vids here and there on youtube

one guy had a multidisplay and even modeled the simpit over these displays, crazy stuff and no idea on how much they spent on it but im sure it wasnt cheap by any means

Edited by Whiskey_Tango

no idea on how much they spent on it but im sure it wasnt cheap

You got that right. I know how much, and ...its much.

Not to mention that these guys build basically every part themselves! Every knob and panel is professionally home made etc. Superb craftsmanship.

You got that right. I know how much, and ...its much.

Not to mention that these guys build basically every part themselves! Every knob and panel is professionally home made etc. Superb craftsmanship.

the one i seen..im not sure if it was for dcs but it may have been, the guy had cnc machined parts and every switch and knob was identical...level of detail was something to behold and captured the feeling of being in a purpose made simulator without the hydraulics of course...what really got me was his trackir settings and how the monitors were positioned perfectly overlapping the on screen stuff...

i thought my father was crazy spending 3000 on his rc heli that hes now scared to fly because it costs too much

I found this video when looking up DCS Black Shark. This is crazy :eek:

That's really cool, it reminds me of some of the very nice simpits i saw in the Orbiter boards.

I love DIY cockpits and simulators.

I love to build stuff on my own and a full motion g-simulating setup is something I really like to build on my own. As I´m more into racesims something like this is very tempting for me:

You can check out a lot of impressive DIY projects over at Racesimcentral

If you got enough money you can always go for a Force Dynamics rig:

That needs some serious toning down, at least for what he's driving.

its probably like that to closer simulate the g force, i would have fun playing it

Yah looks like he's flying a 747 in heavy turbulence and not driving an F1 car.

He isn't all the way there yet...missing 2 more screens on left and right or possibly even more. Seen that kind of setup, you will actually get motion sick for the first few tries..oh and rumble chair or whatever that called.

The joystick he is using is the Saitek X52..I have it (them, it's 2), but it's been gathering dust on a shelf somehwere. I used it for Desert Combat mod in BF1942 and IL2 Sturmovik. Nice joysticks, but took too much space up on my desk and I haven't seen a decent simulator in years so I got no use for them.

No..not at all :-) The cabin movement is there to simulate g-force. It works pretty well this way . If you step on the gas the cockpit is tilted back to simulate positive g as in a real car. When applying brake forces it tilts to the front to simulate negative g as it is in real life aswell.

It´s not meant to simulate the actual movemt of the car..ok it does additionally , but the big movements are there for the g-forces.

Imagine sitting in a dark cabin with this simulator and only the monitor is visible.

The illusion will be perfect :)

Hmm, I would have to err, feel it for myself I suppose.

Yes, the flying and avionics are pretty awesome but the AI is really lacking. Useless trees, and of course the lacking of a dynamic campaign makes it even worse. I rather stick with Open Falcon for modern goodness, and Over Flanders Fields for some WW1 simulation.

This homemade motion sim looks pretty good.

Yes, the flying and avionics are pretty awesome but the AI is really lacking. Useless trees, and of course the lacking of a dynamic campaign makes it even worse. I rather stick with Open Falcon for modern goodness, and Over Flanders Fields for some WW1 simulation.

This homemade motion sim looks pretty good.

I find it funny to have such a setup and yet such a small 4:3 monitor to go with it lol

Yes its DCS:Black Shark. And soon DCS:A-10

Highest fidelity combat flight sim so far regarding flight model and avionics. Uber stuff. :)

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

SCREENS

Better check the systems and how it works though. Its really amazing.

EDIT: The Apache will come as well. Flying that with a mate... Oh lord. PIC PIC2 :)

Alex

I wish we got to fly the delta but we only get the alpha, but thats okay..the AH-64A looks sexy as well, though in terms of tech I'm not sure it will balance out well, late cold/gulf war vs modern.