Sign in to follow this  
thetick

.pbo files that refuse to work :(

I am having major problems with the .pbo files not working on the upgrade from v1.2 to v1.3.

In order to try and icolate the problem, I have taken the following steps in order:

uninstall/install/patch/uninstall/install/patch/format/install/patch/uninstall/install/format/low level format(got a little ticked off)/install/patch/uninstall/beer n said to #### with it.

I am starting to feel that I am the unlucky sap that got a illegal disk or something, because there are lots of other problems that I am seeing that appear to be 'normal' with the release of the game.

I would very much like some information on *anything* that may help to narrow down the issues.

-TheTick

Since you're new here, may I suggest that you browse through The FAQ's INSTALLATION and TROUBLESHOOTING sections.

Also, you haven't given us details of what error messages you're getting, what Windows version you're running and what are your detailed system hardware specs.

I read through the FAQ, I don't believe that the DMA would be a factor here, because nobody metioned anything about Pentium. Are they also able to cause the same problems?

My system:

P3 677mhz, 512ram, IDE 20 gig HD, netgear ethernet card, Sound Blaster audio card.

I am going to futher look into the DMA information today, I will post whatever turns up here.

Thanks for your help.

-thetick

Verifying Operation Flashpoint, version 1.20...

Error found in file Campaigns\1985.pbo (b35fbe15!=de2cd348)

Warning: Error found in file AddOns\ch47.pbo (54481230!=118962a6)

Warning: Error found in file AddOns\humr.pbo (0306754e!=c27fdcf1)

File DTA\Data.pbo is missing.

One or more files in game instalation are modified or dammaged.

Reinstall game from original CD disc and try again.

Thats what it says, but its like those shampoo instructions..... Rinse, repeat...... it just never ends sad.gif

thetick