Sign in to follow this  
Bellum Eternus

Best tracer/effects addon for ArmA2?

Before you start, yes, I've used the search function.

I've seen a few demo vids on youtube etc. but I'm having a difficult time finding a good tracer and/or projectile impact effects addon for ArmA2. Does anyone have any suggestions? Are there any that are even out yet? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was a long time OFP player and just recently picked up ArmA2. All I have to say is "why didn't I buy it SOONER?!"

Afaik there aren't yet any mods that change the tracer effects. The mod linked above changes the patterns and such, but does not touch the effects. One part of SLX modifies the impact smoke and makes it look quite nice, but no tracers there either.

oh sorry about that, all i remember is that i had downloaded that mod awhile ago and when i saw his question that was the first thing to come to mind, but ya slx has some effects you might like, its a great mod btw you should check it out.

Thanks for the comments so far guys. I had already checked out the above linked tracer mod, but it's not quite what I'm looking for. I'm interested in changing the look of the actual tracers to be a little more realistic, and maybe some improved impact effects and sparks and so on.

Have you had a look at OpticalSnare's upcoming effects mod? some nice stuff in there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvYp1Ni0Lus

Yeah, that is what started me asking around about tracer addons! His stuff is looking so much better than the stock effects. Does anyone know how his progress is coming along?

I've done some searching around on how to go about creating some of my own effects stuff (specifically tracers and embers for the explosions) but right now I just don't have the experience with the scripting etc.:( Would anyone be interested in working on a similar project with me?

Well ive had a bit of a break from my mod as ive been working hard on it for the past month. But i should be able to finish it off soon. Il try and make it so the addons are modular. :)

Well ive had a bit of a break from my mod as ive been working hard on it for the past month. But i should be able to finish it off soon. Il try and make it so the addons are modular. :)

That word always makes me happy. Thanks Opticalsnare! :)

If there is anything I can do to help speed up the delivery, please let me know. :D

One of the top mods on my "Watch List". Proper tracer effects, while such a small touch, adds so much to immersion. Those night explosion effects are absolutely jaw dropping as well.

Please Delete, Problem Resolved.

Edited by Opticalsnare
Problem resolved.

I really miss the 6th sense / ACE1 tracers from ArmA that lit up the environment as they flew by. Dont know why it was missed in ARMA2 from start tbh. Makes firefights so much more dramatic at night.

I remember when 6th sense released the first ones... WOW! People started playing nights a lot. :)

the tracers in ACE for arma1 are the best tracers i've ever seen in any game EVER. period. no contest.

the coolest thing about them is that they actually change from a "trace" to a "blob" once they ricochet. i can't wait for ace2!:yay: