Kochleffel

Pingcheck with autokick function.

autokick for highpinger´s needed?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. autokick for highpinger´s needed?

• yes
    • no

Hi,

what do u all think about a pingcheck with autokick function for dedicadet server´s ?

we on the DAO Server have the problem when to much highpinger´s online the server hangs.

Bad function, imo.

Alot of my friends are Europeans thus I get high ping when playing with them, including an autokick function would make our experience much worse.

Not to mention, sometimes there are just no good low ping servers to play on, and when you're kicked from all the others it just ruins your day.

I think when you start off with these ping limits server admins tend to get a bit harsh on the limits set.

some night shift workers in the US may find their playing experience is better spent in EU servers for instance, so long as it's not a huuuge ping I dont see a problem with that.

Some people may share a connection with a flatmate, some peoples connections may be getting throttled by ISP, could just be having a bad connection day. The list goes on to make it unfair to punish a player for not having a 20 ping.

150 ping I have no problem with, ok 200+ and way above then yeah.

I think players with custom faces/badges etc cause more lag when they join tbh.

Ummm to those who complain about other servers and getting kicked, well first off. THis would make it easier so we don't have to have admins tell people. my unit for example has a ping limit of 150, and our servers popularity is great because we keep things at a decent ping level (among other things). This kind of feature would be a lot better, even more so if it tells the person why they were kicked, thus eliminating all the time we have to spend to kick people for high pings. We start to ban after 1 or 2 kicks if people fail to respond to our requests to leave and/or continue to rejoin after being kicked a couple times.

To the Bohemia guys. After many years of experiance in running servers form BF1942, to valves source engine games, I can say that the biggest thing that has lead to my units (3rd Marine Division) quick popularity after just over a month of moving to ArmA2 is due to how we run our servers. Giving us more server tools helps with that. If having a ping kicker was a bad thing for our server, or us our another server operator puts insane ping settings on, well if it keeps his server from being successful its on him. We enforce a ping limit and our server is successful.

This is exactly why there are servers around the globe. Our server has a limit of 150 and is in chicago US. Even people in hawaii, mexico, and as far as Sweden and Germany have pings below this level.

This helps with overall performance and the experience our people get without having people lagging around the server.

The simple thing to this is. Those who pay and own the servers have the right to set the rules and standards and who they open their servers to. As far as I am concerned, if someone doesn't like any of the servers out there, well go rent or setup your own dedicated server.

I have no issues with this request but I'd like to see them improve the net code to improve connectivity over all. Desync is ridiculous and worse than you see in other games due to high pings,. It also needs a bandwidth throttle. You don't start seeing a lot of drag until people log on pulling down a bandwidth of 5k and everyone else is pulling about 200.

In ARMA case, Bandwidth is more important then Ping alone. Desync comes when data package is lost, which most of the time happened when someone connected with a low bandwidth

I see no problem whatsoever with people running servers how they want. But we need more server tools than just ping kick.

so where do i put in that ping limit?

got a tip that i needed a BEServer.cfg file to the battleye containg this

MaxPing = 250 but that didnt work trying now without spaces dont know yet