Sign in to follow this  
Preacher1974

How to increase dedicated server FPS

My mistake.....

So do I Bear :)

you can use the -cfg... or the -profile to use multiple set ups though, works both ways I guess.... prob easier to use the -cfg :)

Another thing I noticed at one of my tests is that when I was using ungrouped AI, I could place more AI on the map while getting the same server FPS (as in, 75 AI each in his own group seemed to have given more FPS than having 75 AI grouped in various group sizes). This was a very specific test, though, and might not always be true, but is another thing you can try.

Guessing that's due to the AI communication links for group members? Say if member 1 sees something, he tells 2,3,4 what he saw if they are in the same group. Whereas without grouping, they don't share information and would have to each witness/hear something to react.. plausible?

Hmm, one thing I do notice here is everyone seems to have their bandwidth configs in their PROFILE CFG, this is not right as far as I'm aware?

network/bandwidth related settings should be in basic.cfg (or arma2.cfg)

server settings like passwords, signatures, von, mission cycles etc should go into server.cfg.

A quick off track question...

Can I add the performance settings to the -config= file, or do I have to

use a second file added with -cfg=

Just thinking... Since I saw some people added

BattleEye = 1

Kickduplicate=1;

verifySignatures=0;

equalModRequired=0;

to the same file as the performance settings. I usually keep those in the -config=mySettings.cfg, where I put all other settings (missions, hostname etc.)

Would be nice to keep it in one single file. Would the dedicated server read the settings then?

A quick off track question...

Can I add the performance settings to the -config= file, or do I have to

use a second file added with -cfg=

Just thinking... Since I saw some people added

BattleEye = 1

Kickduplicate=1;

verifySignatures=0;

equalModRequired=0;

to the same file as the performance settings. I usually keep those in the -config=mySettings.cfg, where I put all other settings (missions, hostname etc.)

Would be nice to keep it in one single file. Would the dedicated server read the settings then?

I add these to our serverConfig files (called via config=ServerConfigName.cfg) and have had no issues. I have just changed the bandwidth settings to be called from the arma2.cfg by (-cfg=arma2.cfg) though as suggested here.