Sign in to follow this  
oktane

BIS: CHEERS for the new patch!

Download here: ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_Build_59857.zip

Mirror here: http://www.swdepot.co.uk/download.php?view.133

Server admin control panel!

Grass layer!

Streaming improvements!

Thank you so much for continued support!

Full changelog:

[59842] Reduced town/village stutter (fixed streaming of textures used by Super shader).

[59808] Fixed: DOF in 3D scope view

[59741] Analogue throttle working for helicopters as well.

[59736] Fixed: Startup sounds are not spatial and stick to audio channels

[59715] Covering soldier in grass ("Grass layer")

[59691] Improved: Small hit be ignored by hitpoints (configurable by minimalHit)

[59668] Improved: Hitpoint can pass only a part of the hit to the total damage (passthrough setting no longer ignored).

[59446] New: IK weapon animations are now blending with primary animations.

[59351] Fixed: VoN direct speaking distance fade out

:yay:

Edited by oktane

When I try to install it, it says that ArmA 2 is either not installed on my computer, or that the installation is corrupted. Both of which is bullshit, of course.

Build 59857 is a great improvement.

Massive improvement in data streaming, frame rate in wooded areas +10fps, wierd patterns rendered on heli artificial horizon, building doorways, etc. are now clearly seen as areas in shadow.

Not sure on the positional audio front at this point in time, sounds still appear to stick to source when you turn your head/change your position.

Mouse input is still borked when zoomed since you changed from original system in last patch, will fiddle with the smoothing and render ahead settings to try and sort it out.

Fantastic job BIS, keep up the good work.

Not sure on the positional audio front at this point in time, sounds still appear to stick to source when you turn your head/change your position.

Works fine for me, no more chopper starting sound always on the same side

No. :D

I don't think a big thank you does any good buried in a huge thread like that. It has 130 pages! (that the dev's have stated they don't read huge threads)

IMO each patch should get its own thread, it wont be such a big deal and it keeps people talking straight on what version they are reporting about. That is unless they start being released with such frequency that it causes more trouble than its worth.

If a mod disagrees, I'm cool with that. This thread still serves its purpose to thank the devs.

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

When I try to install it, it says that ArmA 2 is either not installed on my computer, or that the installation is corrupted. Both of which is bullshit, of course.

Solution below:

First, this isn't a troubleshooting forum. You'd get that error even if you were installing a stock retail patch, they use the same installer base.

Second, to fix your issue, you need to go to the registry and find:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2

or if you have 64bit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2

In there is a MAIN string. It needs to be set to your arma2 directory (not the beta directory, just main arma2) For example, mine is set to

d:\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2

If you continue to have issues, try searching the troubleshooting forum for the message you got. If you have a previous beta patch installed, make sure you remove it! (just delete the beta folder)

Cheers

Edited by oktane

Thanks for your reply. I just have a quick question, though:

Second, to fix your issue, you need to go to the registry and find:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2

What do you mean by "Go to the registry"? What registry? :confused:

Thanks for your reply. I just have a quick question, though: What do you mean by "Go to the registry"? What registry? :confused:

Okay:

Open start menu, click Run... and type REGEDIT

Press OK

Then go to that location in the registry. Here is a website that helps explain what it does and how to use it.

http://www.windowsmaven.com/How_to_use_regeditl.htm

Alternately, instead of doing this, you could put ArmA2 back to where it was when you first installed it to avoid the error. If you have more questions, PM me.

I just saw the changelog!! OMG!! I'm just speechless!! every single one of my gripes with this game appear to have been addressed!!!

Thank you BIS!!!! This has totally made my day!!! Bravo indeed!!!!!

Cheers!!!

EDIT: spent the whole day playing!! controlling the helis with analogue throttle is a whole new experience!!! you do feel like you're piloting now, not just pressing keys to climb up and down!!!

THANK YOU BIS!!!

haven't found any bug in this build so far... will keep playing and post if I find something

Cheers

Edited by TheHarvesteR

Like this patch.

I was wrong about 8gb problem though, was using wrong icon. :(

Edited by Liquidpinky

Tried to install this Beta patch but I'm getting the .exe complaining that I'm only on 1.03. This is wrong, but I tried to re-install 1.04 anyway, the 1.04 patch won't re-install because it detects that it's already been done :S

So I'm stuck, can't re-patch because it's already done, cant try the beta because it thinks I'm not on 1.04:(

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Tried to install this Beta patch but I'm getting the .exe complaining that I'm only on 1.03. This is wrong, but I tried to re-install 1.04 anyway, the 1.04 patch won't re-install because it detects that it's already been done :S

So I'm stuck, can't re-patch because it's already done, cant try the beta because it thinks I'm not on 1.04:(

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Delete your existing beta patch folder, or go into it and use the uninstaller.

P

I had a really good picture to post for this thread.

but i had to remove it.

it was well under 100K but was such low qaulity that it was MASSIVE.

now i have no punchline, sorry for wasting your time.

Edited by xmongx

In agreement here.

I tested the latest beta on slightly older drivers and thaught the new beta was messed up a bit. Changed to latest and got the full force of the new awesome performance.

Good work BIS.

Hi guys, what is this "Grass Layer" about? Does it help that you can't spot AI in grass, while they can see you without problems?

Really hoping this is the case!

:)

Thats exactlly it Old Painless. When you look at AI lying down far away they will "sink" into the ground (or the ground actually raises) - to the same height as the grass is making it much harder to spot them. Its a good compromise that works well. ;)

On Devheaven the 1.05 official patch said it would be out the 4th week of November, I think the 23rd.

They have alot of nice fixes on that list.

Including Shore rendering problems, Ocean Frame rate drops, VON improvements, Stanima bugs, Streaming enhancements, rendering LODS etc etc.

Also hopefully Sumak and the rest of BIS Dev team got through the Orange/red tree Performance issues, Sumak confirmed it was being investigated even before 1.04 was released over a month ago.

Im hyped for this update, will probably do a 30% increase in general ingame performance.

Good Job and Goodluck BIS. :D

Yes, cheers to these beta's, BUT,

please give us server owners an option to install to our dedi when the next final patch is released.

My gay 512 upload takes way to long. (2.5 days to upload the 8+GB).

I know I can cut it down to "changed" files only, but I'll bet even those will be large.

If not, oh well..:) the game is worth it.

Server admin control panel!

I don't see this anywhere in the changelog... care to give more details?

Ι am so confused. I am still on the 1.04.59026 patch.

Which one should I get now? the one called 1.07 or the 59875 one?