Sign in to follow this  
sick1

Campaign 2 Seal Team Six release!! (SP)

Well thank you guys very much for your kind words. I'm currently working on campaign three and it will be out soon.

Great I can't wait.:yay:

yeah. these missions are suberb. but these are rather for more skilled players than me :( or rather AI is f... silly.

I stuck near stronghold.

What I did was load out three units with sniper rifles, I set two of them up about 200 meters apart, north of the stronghold in the hills. I set the other sniper up (which was unit 4) inside the barn with the window that is north-west of the stronghold. That sniper in particular, I switched to in order to set him EXACTLY where he needed to be in order to have a line of sight on the enemies on top of the castle stronghold. I then loaded up evryone else into the APC and drove it way south behind the hills and saved it. Then attacked with the APC. Once I had most of the enemies cleared out, I unloaded everyone and cleared everything on foot from there.

Another thing I do is, when I set up each sniper by using move orders, I save it immediately and give the sniper a target then order him to open fire to check that he does actually fire. If he fires, I revert, if he doesn't, I try to move him to a more desirable position. It sucks when you THINK you have everyone set up right, then, when you go to attack, some soldiers don't fire at all because a tree or rock is in the way.

I would rather NOT do it this way, but as everyone knows, the AI isn't very reliable. Again, if anyone has any tips on controlling the AI PLEASE! DONT KEEP IT TO YOURSELVES!!!! It sucks to teamswitch and I know its unrealistic, but I cannot find another way to effectively use my AI teammates.

Hope this works for ya MAX :thumbsup:

Edited by PaperCut

Untitled5-6.jpg

"The most important trait that distinguishes Navy SEALs from all other military forces is that SEALs are maritime Special Forces, as they strike from and return to the sea. SEALs (Sea, Air, Land) take their name from the elements in and from which they operate. Their stealth and clandestine methods of operation allow them to conduct multiple missions against targets that larger forces cannot approach undetected. "

!"

Sorry the Navy SEAL's are not the only Maritime Special Operation Force. The ther would be the Marine Recon Rangers. Sence both Navy and Marine SpOp train togather. But I'm looking forward to playing the game.

Yeah wow part 2 :yay:

It took me a while to do the first mission on the first campaign (lol), obviously i was a bit rusty with a hint of rambo! But i slowed down a bit & am really enjoying the Utes mission where you assasinate the guys, then have to run for your life! reminds me of old OFP campaigns. Really Immersive & scary :D

I'm having an issue with loading this. I downloaded all the relevant addons and have them in a specific @campaign folder which I'm loading through the parameters. The campaign shows up in the list, but when I select to play the first mission it just sits there. I waited 5 minutes first time, but no dice. I'm getting no loading screen, no error messages nothing.

Any suggestions?

Awesome campaign so far, and I'm only on mission 2 where you lase the planes. Question though, I was trying to find some C4 to steal and killed everyone in the village near the airport. It then said mission completed head to extraction. Got on the heli, it flew around for a minute then stopped and hovered. Nothing happened after that.

I assume its because the planes were not blown up? Can you tell me where the C4 is hidden? :p

I'm having an issue with loading this. I downloaded all the relevant addons and have them in a specific @campaign folder which I'm loading through the parameters. The campaign shows up in the list, but when I select to play the first mission it just sits there. I waited 5 minutes first time, but no dice. I'm getting no loading screen, no error messages nothing.

Any suggestions?

For the campaigns folder, you only need to name it "Campaigns" minus the quotes, minus the "@". Campaign"s"

Awesome campaign so far, and I'm only on mission 2 where you lase the planes. Question though, I was trying to find some C4 to steal and killed everyone in the village near the airport. It then said mission completed head to extraction. Got on the heli, it flew around for a minute then stopped and hovered. Nothing happened after that.

I assume its because the planes were not blown up? Can you tell me where the C4 is hidden? :p

There are ammo crates near the hangar, East side of the runway unless I'm mistaken. Make sure you have the latest version of the Campaign as well.

I am playing Eagle claw right now and I'm having a problem.

After the Halo jump, I land then three guys come out of the ground like return of the living dead. Usually 2 comes out of the ground right under me, the other 2 guys come up under him at the same time. So 2 comes up 3 and 4 die trying to spawn in the exact same spot as each other and 2. They die with rifles.

Sometimes i manage to move fast enough for 2 to move so 3 comes up always without a rifle. In the rare instance that all spawn, 2 is the only one with a weapon/rifle, 3 and 4 when alive, only have pistols.

The first jump is the only jump that will spawn all 3 (dying at spawn) If i restart mission one or two of them always die while i am in the air. I have to always start fresh/revert to get the chance at all living.

Now when i am in air, i look on map and i can team switch to any of the other three, even though they are not yet on my team,. As i jump out, i change to them and 2 seconds after they leave the plane, they are all swimming in the water, that is where the two lose their rifles. #2 man is pulling a Jesus floating above the water, swimming in air. when i switch back and land they all leave the water and spawn under me like i said above.

Is there a reason why they aren't parachuting down? or on my team from begining? Or is there a way i can get them to not spawn under each other? at least then with their pistols, we could steal rifles off the dead. And why don't i see anyone else asking about this?

Anyway thanks

Thanks

Edited by victim913
to be more clear

I think I must have loaded ArmA up before finishing installing the mods, as it now runs fine.

I'm getting my ass handed to me in the very first mission, which isn't a criticism of your campaign/mission, rather one of my own ineptitude.

I do seem to have an issue going anywhere near the hostages though, as soon as I do one seems to get killed either by friendly AI throwing a grenade, or enemy AI shooting at us. Anyone got any tips for completing that bit?

I think I must have loaded ArmA up before finishing installing the mods, as it now runs fine.

I'm getting my ass handed to me in the very first mission, which isn't a criticism of your campaign/mission, rather one of my own ineptitude.

I do seem to have an issue going anywhere near the hostages though, as soon as I do one seems to get killed either by friendly AI throwing a grenade, or enemy AI shooting at us. Anyone got any tips for completing that bit?

What i did was use the sniper to clear the first couple guys and the truck with machine gun on it. I used him cause he has a silencer on his pistol. That way not everyone would know where i was. The gun i gave him was pretty loud. Now for the church...

After that i place him at a house to the left of the church (if you were facing church) That way he could see two guys watching the hostages. All holding fire. (however i found the sniper very difficult in this mission. every time i stepped into his body and moved him where I want, almost every single time i switched back to my body, he would start walking backwards. He would not listen to any order. I would tell him to move somewher or do something and he would always say "roger", then "negative". I watched him walk back about a half a mile once.

But anyway, get him in position, I placed one guy i gave a medium machine gun to, the medic and me at the front of the church.

I switched to sniper and shot the two guys with the hostages, switched to leader firing grenades to the hole in the wall on the right side and in the trees outside of the wall where some guys were standing.

That caused all of them to start running away.

I placed my machine gunner facing to the right of the front of the church shooting everyone to the right of the church, I move to the left front of the church with my medic (in case i get hit) now me and the sniper cover the left of the church my mg gunner to the right and my medic covering are back.

With that we are all pretty much protected and anyone coming back get picked off. Once the firing dies down, There are still one or two guys with the hostages in static defenses. Use the sniper to pick them off, then you can get the hostages leaving your other guys to pick off anyone coming back.

I didn't get anyone in the bus, I moved back to my humvee and fav and went around the trees (the long way) to the extraction point. Don't try going through the trees in the vhicles, cause the other vehicle will stop. Be careful with the hostages they like to get run over. One always is a little slow too. get them in the vehicles cause if you lose them you fail.

Now, has anyone had problems with eagle claw mission like i asked about in my previous post? With my team drowning, losing their weapons in the water while i skydive?

I yust played the Mission where you start as a door gunner and really really liked it. It would have become yust perfect if you would have put Wagners Ride of the Walkyries as Backgroundmusik. Like in the Film Apocalypse Now.

Please consider this for further Door Gunner Missions^^

Also it was a bit unrealllistc that noone fired at the chopper. Maybe next Time you should better use Supply Trucks instead of ZU-23 Trucks.

I yust played the Mission where you start as a door gunner and really really liked it. It would have become yust perfect if you would have put Wagners Ride of the Walkyries as Backgroundmusik. Like in the Film Apocalypse Now.

Please consider this for further Door Gunner Missions^^

Also it was a bit unrealllistc that noone fired at the chopper. Maybe next Time you should better use Supply Trucks instead of ZU-23 Trucks.

Thanks for the suggestion. That was an incredibly tricky part to make due to the fact that I had to use a neutral pilot so he wouldn't take evasive action and divert off course. I'll think about putting that in the next campaign. I originally thought about doing it, but i must have forgot.

Is your second campaign compatible with new Zeus AI?

It's really hit or miss when it come to ai mods. You'll have to test it out for yourself.

For now it works fine with ACE

EDIT: It seems that your campaign has Problems with the latest Beta Patch. Mission Deliberate Force is always crashing at the beginning

Edited by Tonci87

Update coming today for all Seal Team Six Campaigns!! Schnapsdrosel has released an update to his merc addon and we finally are gonna get some proper Seals. Also stay tuned for SEAL team Six 3 coming soon!!!

Updated Version!

This adds the awesome Navy Seal team units to the campaign. From frog men to recon this finally completes the immersion. Thanks SchnapsdroSel!

Get it here at mediafire v1.4

http://www.mediafire.com/?liqnyg5mo2d

(armaholic mirrors are on the way.)

You will need to update your Desert Mercenaries and BlackOps by SchnapsdroSel

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6471

http://rs443.rapidshare.com/files/310666976/BB_UNITS__UPDATE__SchnapsdroSel.7z

Wow, this campaign is awesome, much better than the 1st. Really enjoying this one thus far. Keep up the good work!

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Now im on the 2nd mission, the sniper mission, about to attack the recon camp. It says over the radio "I hope u brough a suppressor" but my weapons are not suppressed. I get picked up and shot at quite easily by the enemy right now as it is. Wheres the suppressed weapon?

Wow, this campaign is awesome, much better than the 1st. Really enjoying this one thus far. Keep up the good work!

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Now im on the 2nd mission, the sniper mission, about to attack the recon camp. It says over the radio "I hope u brough a suppressor" but my weapons are not suppressed. I get picked up and shot at quite easily by the enemy right now as it is. Wheres the suppressed weapon?

There is a resupply on your map, but you can also choose your loadouts from the briefing screen under the gear tab.

I just downloaded this and all the required addons. When I start the campaign the game freezes. Wtf :0 Anyone else get this? This looks like a well made campaign I'd love to play but unfortunately can't

Yes, same for me here. I had the problem with the first campaign.All required addons installed,not more. after like 5 secounds im back to desk with the typical error message. Would be nice if you could look into this, cause your mission really looks good!

Ran into a BIG immersion killer. All fine and dandy on the 2nd mission, sniped the recon outpost guys, called airstrike on the airfield. Then I'm asked to go rambo on my own against like 10+ dudes in Krasnostav. Wtf is up with that? Couldn't the number have been kept more realistic? The only way to deal with a number of enemies like that on your own, in CQB is by saving/loading often. ArmA 2 is not about that kind of gameplay. It's akin to having a side of turds with your medium rare T-bone steak. I thought campaign 2 was free of that kind of mess.

Edited by Njayjay

I had some trouble with the game freezing when i tried starting it. This sounds stupid, but triple check that you have put everything where it goes. I downloaded everything and it i was going crazy trying to find out why i couldn't play it. Turns out i forgot to put one simple thing in the right place. Make sure you put the carrier where it goes, I think that was my problem.

As for the sniping mission, I think it should have come with a spotter with you. THat would be realistic. Rambo can still work though. NJAYAJAY this entire mission takes realistic sniper techniques. You need to crawl for most of the mission moving very slowly. When you are left with the city, start from the top and work your way down the city, slowy moving from house to house criss crossing the streets. If you have a gun with silencer use it.

There is a spot where they send 3 or 4 guys after you. watch for them, then run away. try to put some distance between you, then they don't know where you are and start wandering around trying to find you. They will walk out into the open where you can pick them off, when they start shooting back move to another house.

After that move SLOWLY. you will be able to do it. hell i was shot by those 4 guys and i had to crawl the rest of the mission. So even wounded and crawling i took them all on.

I have asked 3 times now, has anyone an answer to my previous question? The HALO mission, my 4 teamates land in the water loosing all equipment before they spawn next to me when i land. i see 3 empty chutes leave the plane then my guys are in the water

@victim913 thanks for the intel. I'll look into, but I've never had this problems. They are supposed to spawn where you land, but not die in the process.

@Njayjay yeah that last objective really didn't need to be there for a lonely sniper man, but I just wanted to beef up the campaign length for my use.

@Himmelsfeuer Almost all of the time this a result of improper mod installation. If it was a campaign error you would get a message with the error displayed on crash. Hope this helps.

News about Seal Team Six 3

It's coming along nicely and its going to be the best one to date. Should be released soon.

Don't forget to update your Desert merc addon and Seal campaign PBOs to get all the new seal operators.

Edited by Sick1

But Sick, remember to place Enemies at overwiew Positions. When there is an Tower or something, then its nice to have enemies up there, or place some snipers in those ?hunting huts? Don´t exactly know how to call them, but no one is really checking them when advancing. And don´t forget a nice Door Gunner Mission with Wagners Ride of the Valkyries playing, perhaps in the Jungle on Panthera?. Really liked the last one^^