Sign in to follow this  
sick1

Campaign 2 Seal Team Six release!! (SP)

In the missions where i have to save the docter from being beheaded i suddenly cant team switch. Why is that? It made previous missions so much more easyer!! Is this a bug? Or is this intentional. I have your updated version of this campaign.

I'll check it out. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

i found a weird bug which i have no idea if it was a general bug or something that went really wrong. But in mission 4 or 5 cant remember. its the one where you halo in and have to laser all the tanks. I kept getting shot by nobody that i could see. Then my team would come over, heal me then they all kept shooting me, heal me and shoot me again. It was like some sort of sick infantry game inspired by hostel or something. Then when i went into the map it turned out I was registering as an opfor unit. This didnt happen the first time i played it but it did the 2nd

Wow that's crazy man. I've got no clue.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Robert Hammer released an update for his M4/M16 Mod, where he included SD ACOGs.

Maybe you should think of updating your campaign as well to put some of them in. They give you a really cool Spec Ops feeling

Yeah that sounds cool. I'll do it today:)

I've read dylsexics tutorials about Arma, but that guide is more for MP. Are there any decent guides for controlling the AI? Guides that might offer tips on the proper way to use the AI?

I've tried a couple of searches on my own, I swear I have, I just don't know the proper search criteria to put in the search fields. I've also tried googling but haven't found anything to be particularly useful.

Basically what I'm looking for is some sort of work-around for using the infantry somewhat effectively.

Originally Posted by Tonci87

Robert Hammer released an update for his M4/M16 Mod, where he included SD ACOGs.

Maybe you should think of updating your campaign as well to put some of them in. They give you a really cool Spec Ops feeling

^^^ That would be excellente'

Nevermind, I finally found one, on this site actually, heres the link

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=81123

Edited by PaperCut

6. Extremely dynamic campaign. Enemy location will very from play to play. I did this so I could play it and not know where to expect the enemy.

Well that's just random then. Dynamic campaign is the holy grail word, please use it carefully.

Place the Seal Team six file in your Campaigns folder (folder must be named "Campaigns") in your Arma 2 main directory. If you don't have the folder make one.

Or read campaign install instructions from PMC addons/mods online manuals: how to install a mod.

Having probs laser designating the aircraft at the airport in mission 2 bro. I use the radio to call it in then pull out the laser and target the airfield and nothing happens. Is there some sort of confirmation that the strike is going to happen?

Heres a funny thing I did as well, My first run through I made sure to grab the laser off the chopper. Took out the first camp, killed a buncha snipers, found the bodies, made my way over to the ammo stash near the tractor... Whipped out the ol' laser.... FORGOT THE STINKIN BATTERIES!!!!! rofl...

I do in fact have the batteries now. Is there a certain range I need to be in order for the laser to work? I have been trying to target the aircraft from right next to the tractor. Should I get closer? I thought for sure I would get some sort of confirmation from either the brass or the CAS pilots once I requested the strike with the radio. I went over this thread in hopes that someone else had the same problems and noticed that someone was having problems loading mission 3 so its obvious that they got through it. I'm wondering what the hell I did wrong.

Heres the mod list I use for this Campaign, 16 in total:

FPS mod

CBA

AI improved driving mod

All the required mods for this campaign

Sound of War Mod

SLX

ZGB

Edited by PaperCut

Having probs laser designating the aircraft at the airport in mission 2 bro. I use the radio to call it in then pull out the laser and target the airfield and nothing happens. Is there some sort of confirmation that the strike is going to happen?

Heres a funny thing I did as well, My first run through I made sure to grab the laser off the chopper. Took out the first camp, killed a buncha snipers, found the bodies, made my way over to the ammo stash near the tractor... Whipped out the ol' laser.... FORGOT THE STINKIN BATTERIES!!!!! rofl...

I do in fact have the batteries now. Is there a certain range I need to be in order for the laser to work? I have been trying to target the aircraft from right next to the tractor. Should I get closer? I thought for sure I would get some sort of confirmation from either the brass or the CAS pilots once I requested the strike with the radio. I went over this thread in hopes that someone else had the same problems and noticed that someone was having problems loading mission 3 so its obvious that they got through it. I'm wondering what the hell I did wrong.

Yeah bro your forgetting to call it in. Once you use the radio command you have to move to the communication tab and call it in. So it's once in the radio to add the strike and once in the communication tab to call it in. It does not matter how far away you are. Just paint an enemy vehicle and wait for the strike. The planes will do a flyby and on the second pass will light them up. It's pretty satisfying when it works.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Updated Version Change log

v1.3 changes

1. Fixed unplayable team members in mission 10.

2. Added grenades, mines, satchel charges, and smoke to the mission gear.

3. Updated to use RH's new M4 pack v1.01. Adds ten new rifles!

You will need to update your RH M4 pack

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8056

Get it here at File Front v1.3

(Other mirrors are on the way.)

http://www.filefront.com/14862011/undefined

Edited by Sick1

Hi, well i have spent the last hour seaching the woods south of the first camp on misson 2 for a sniper he is just so dug in and hidden god dam!! anyway can you sort the way in which we can just go around the objective IE when i did not kill all the camp people and destroy the phone, i just went around found the mass grave and that part ended!! Also in the first misson i went around to the church and shot the guy got the hostages and sent my team on a suicidal misson , all killed and went to get the helo with no probs... Should that happen.. can it not be that i complete and then get the next mission?

Anyway just some constructive comments beacause i am really enjoying this, dam that sniper!!:p

Hi, well i have spent the last hour seaching the woods south of the first camp on misson 2 for a sniper he is just so dug in and hidden god dam!! anyway can you sort the way in which we can just go around the objective IE when i did not kill all the camp people and destroy the phone, i just went around found the mass grave and that part ended!! Also in the first misson i went around to the church and shot the guy got the hostages and sent my team on a suicidal misson , all killed and went to get the helo with no probs... Should that happen.. can it not be that i complete and then get the next mission?

Anyway just some constructive comments beacause i am really enjoying this, dam that sniper!!:p

Yeah that's the only mission where the first objective can be skipped however it's a pretty easy and fun objective.

Thanks Sick, I'll give it a go :thumbsup:

You say Once in the radio, then once in the communications tab, but theres nothing to choose from within the communications tab. I don't understand what I'm missing here bro.

What exactly do I do in the Communications tab? Once I open it, theres nothing to choose from inside it.

I was thinking... Back when I first tried your first campaign, I remember having in my loadout a weird radio that I've never seen before. In my current loadout for campaign 2, mission 2 that radio is not there. Could that be why nothing is showing up in the communications tab? and if so, what mod introduces that radio to the game? I did re-install all the mods, I may have missed something.

After some googling I found out what the radio was called, or at least the acronym for it; SINCGARS is what it was. When I tried your first campaign it was located within my loadout and I didn't know what it was so I googled it to find out. Is that thing missing causing me to not be able to call in the airstrike?

Sorry for bein such a pain in the arse man.

Edited by PaperCut

Hi,

Enjoying the campaigns, infact I rate them over the original BIS campaign !

Just one slight problem:

The aircraft on operation eagle claw constantly crash, that’s if you can actually get them to come in the first place! its playable up till you get to the enemy HQ at which point they always crash.

Not running any AI mods, just the ones needed in 1 mod folder.

Is this a known problem?

Thx

Vortex

Hi,

Enjoying the campaigns, infact I rate them over the original BIS campaign !

Just one slight problem:

The aircraft on operation eagle claw constantly crash, that’s if you can actually get them to come in the first place! its playable up till you get to the enemy HQ at which point they always crash.

Not running any AI mods, just the ones needed in 1 mod folder.

Is this a known problem?

Thx

Vortex

You can keep calling in the air-strikes thus sending new aircraft. It' purely a BIS function so if it keep crashing it's a bug with the game itself. I took the HQ without using the strikes. There is a RU launcher crate near the power plant. I usually load my team with ATs. I then snipe all threats with a VSS then I engage the armor with the ATs. I don't see however why they would keep crashing. Maybe it has to deal with the tree line.

@ papercut hope this helps bro. There is no radio in the inventory.

arma22009-11-0418-56-55-24-1.jpg

arma22009-11-0418-56-58-96.jpg

arma22009-11-0418-57-06-85.jpg

arma22009-11-0418-57-11-32.jpg

arma22009-11-0418-57-14-99.jpg

Edited by Sick1

Hi , just for your dev notes...

stuck on mission 2 ,:eek:I was able to miss doing any other targets , i just went straight to the airfield.. no probs their. but when i started to clear the town it kept crashing.. enventually got that cleared by constant saving ect.( had cleaned out all unessary mods as well to try) but when i go for extraction, the chopper only flys 1 1k hovers and then stays there so i cant move on!! help im enjoying myself!!:confused:

Sick1 just a quick question, on Eagle Claw on the final mission does it matter if I am detected before assaulting the base? I have redone the mission 3 times, literally flattening everything at the base but the mission won't complete. Am I missing something?

Sick1 just a quick question, on Eagle Claw on the final mission does it matter if I am detected before assaulting the base? I have redone the mission 3 times, literally flattening everything at the base but the mission won't complete. Am I missing something?

No it does not matter. I bet you missed a guy. The trigger zone is just over the hangar and the forward in-placed guns. I usually forget to kill the guy in one of the machine gun nests in the front of the camp. He's kinda easy to miss.

Yeah, but no.. Cleared the machine gun nests, even found a sniper hiding in the forest after levelling the whole base. But I think you answered my question, everybody has to die, right? So there's probably one more sneaky coward F""&$R hiding in the forest somewhere. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, but no.. Cleared the machine gun nests, even found a sniper hiding in the forest after levelling the whole base. But I think you answered my question, everybody has to die, right? So there's probably one more sneaky coward F""&$R hiding in the forest somewhere. Thanks for the heads up.

I'll take a look at the mission again, but i just beat it a couple days ago. Good hunting.

Updated Version Change log

v1.3 changes

1. Fixed unplayable team members in mission 10.

2. Added grenades, mines, satchel charges, and smoke to the mission gear.

3. Updated to use RH's new M4 pack v1.01. Adds ten new rifles!

You will need to update your RH M4 pack

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8056

Get it here at File Front v1.3

(Other mirrors are on the way.)

http://www.filefront.com/14862011/undefined

Edited by Sick1

Just a quick question for all, what are your favourite weapon load outs for these missions? Whilst I understand that each mission calls for a specific set of weapons, on average I seem to end up using the silenced Mk 12 with the C90 for heavies, and the micro Uzi for close encounters.

Eagle Claw: Seems like the Harriers ignore my laser (I have the red dot right on the pattroling BMP) and drop the bomb right at the point I requested the CAS on. Am I missing out anything here?

Eagle Claw: Seems like the Harriers ignore my laser (I have the red dot right on the pattroling BMP) and drop the bomb right at the point I requested the CAS on. Am I missing out anything here?

Sadly I think it only works on static targets. You can however snipe the driver of the BMP or you can locate the RU launchers crate near the town. The BIS air stikes have there limitations.

Sadly I think it only works on static targets. You can however snipe the driver of the BMP or you can locate the RU launchers crate near the town. The BIS air stikes have there limitations.

Yes I believe you are right about the limitations. It doesn't matter if you designate or not with laser. the bomb will fall on the point you requested the air strike. If the air strike was called on a moving enemy unit, the bomb will hit the point where it was when the airstrike was called. Hence, it's not effective against moving targets.

Thanks, ill just go and look for the crate. It's a good mission!

I started this campaign and stuck in 2nd mission. I found the radio site which I should to disable. I call support which took this place out, but mission has been failed. I heard main actor said something like 'too late'... But have no idea what and why :)

Further I wasn't able to reload my save games. Whole mission has been started from beginning. a bit annoying.

can anybody give me a tip?

best regards

I started this campaign and stuck in 2nd mission. I found the radio site which I should to disable. I call support which took this place out, but mission has been failed. I heard main actor said something like 'too late'... But have no idea what and why :)

Further I wasn't able to reload my save games. Whole mission has been started from beginning. a bit annoying.

can anybody give me a tip?

best regards

The way i completed it:

If one of the guys at the radio site manage to get to the laptop inside the tent during your attack the mission will fail. Position yourself in a vantage point (the higher grounds ovelooking the area, don't attempt to get in close range combat with your sniper rifle, you will be slaughtered) and snipe the enemy. There are about 5 guys over there. Once clear, enter the tent and look for the laptop, you will get an option to disable or destroy it. Once you do, the objective will complete.

ahh. that means 'disable sat phone' doesn't mean destroy it.

So I suggest to add some more detailed task description

regards.

I did EXACTLY what you said to do Sick. Down to a "T". When I select the communications tab, there is NOTHING there to select.

After pressing 0 to request airstrike, I press spacebar, then select Communications, There is no "Request Support" option.

If we were to number your pictures 1-5, in picture #4 there is no option. :(

Could it be something to do with the mods?

Also, after I "request airstrike" the message saying "Support requests available; Tactical Airtstrike (CAS) does not appear in the top right corner of the screen.

I've used the CAS ability before in another mission back when I first bought the game.

WAIT!!!! I am using the latest Beta Patch, 857 etc... could that be it? I made a back up of my root Arma 2 folder, maybe I should replace my current root folder with the back-up then re-install the required mods for the campaign.

I don't know what else it could be man. Thanks for trying to help though bro, I "lol'ed" when I seen the pic tutorial you made :D

I did EXACTLY what you said to do Sick. Down to a "T". When I select the communications tab, there is NOTHING there to select.

After pressing 0 to request airstrike, I press spacebar, then select Communications, There is no "Request Support" option.

If we were to number your pictures 1-5, in picture #4 there is no option. :(

Could it be something to do with the mods?

Also, after I "request airstrike" the message saying "Support requests available; Tactical Airtstrike (CAS) does not appear in the top right corner of the screen.

I've used the CAS ability before in another mission back when I first bought the game.

WAIT!!!! I am using the latest Beta Patch, 857 etc... could that be it? I made a back up of my root Arma 2 folder, maybe I should replace my current root folder with the back-up then re-install the required mods for the campaign.

I don't know what else it could be man. Thanks for trying to help though bro, I "lol'ed" when I seen the pic tutorial you made :D

Yeah that sucks that it don't work for you bro. Id try it with out the beta's.