Sign in to follow this  
Griefheart

Oh wow, I only just found out BI != Codemasters.

I was an old fan of OFP: CWC and Resistance (I didn't like Red Hammer at all) and recently became a PS3 gamer, I saw OFP2 being released and thought wow, this'll be interesting.

I'm so glad I just found out before I bought it Codemasters != BI and even more glad that ArmA2 (which I assume is pretty much OFP?) is coming out on the PS3 too.

I really hope BI did what they did back with OFP, all the old "ultimate updgrades" pack type stuff as free DLC, it'd be great to see the company get some recognition again.

and even more glad that ArmA2 (which I assume is pretty much OFP?) is coming out on the PS3 too.

Its not.

Welcome back, Griefheart!

We all know and discuss since long how you could get that mislead.

It's a devilish thing ... long threads about that all over here.

I was an old fan of OFP: CWC and Resistance (I didn't like Red Hammer at all) and recently became a PS3 gamer, I saw OFP2 being released and thought wow, this'll be interesting.

I'm so glad I just found out before I bought it Codemasters != BI and even more glad that ArmA2 (which I assume is pretty much OFP?) is coming out on the PS3 too.

I really hope BI did what they did back with OFP, all the old "ultimate updgrades" pack type stuff as free DLC, it'd be great to see the company get some recognition again.

I think you might be out of luck in the ArmA II-coming-to-the-PS3 department. The only likely console that ArmA II might come out on in the distant future, is the Xbox 360. If one ever comes out.

It saddens me to think that people are thinking Codemasters are the makers of OFP. Glad to see that you figured it out. Also, welcome to the forums.

I think you might be out of luck in the ArmA II-coming-to-the-PS3 department. The only likely console that ArmA II might come out on in the distant future, is the Xbox 360. If one ever comes out.

It saddens me to think that people are thinking Codemasters are the makers of OFP. Glad to see that you figured it out. Also, welcome to the forums.

Yeah, have you seen DR on the PS3....,

@Griefheart ;And A2 isnt like OPF its much better.:cool:

Yeah, Arma II is not like OPF, but the engine certainly is and has evolved into something much much better since the OPF days. In fact for ARMA I you can get the CWR mod (google search it) The CWR mod is essentially the OPF & Resistance campaign. There is also a CWR2 mod coming for ARMA II. I bought the Codemasters OPF DR and regret it. It's merely a FPS for the console. Nothing wrong with a console, but they are not good for "Military Simulation" like all of BI stuff is. ARMA I & II is awesome PC software and I can't count the hours I spent playing these titles an the mods that are out there.

OFP 2 sucks really bad, I'm sorry. I played a little of it and was very disappointed. I didn't even finish the 2nd mission. First off the sound effects were terrible, of course I'd know that......

Not visited these forums since way back when, but hey-ho.

Having recently been banned form the Codemasters Forum I just had to go somewhere to continue to vent my anger at what CM have done.

OFP:CWC was the best game of all time, OF ALL TIME!

What has become evident on the CM Forums is that they've destroyed the OFP name. It's a month old and the forums have roughly 8-10 users at the moment, 5 of which are mods. All threads critical of CM are closed and posters banned and there has been no response form CM since launch, apart from a crappy patch and DLC of content that was promised to be on the disc.

Since the launch of MW2, OFPDR has sunk faster than a wicker canoe. The only thing that could raise it to the surface is if they sell the rights to the true masters, BIS.

Hey, I can dream can't I?