Sign in to follow this  
itsme

Arma 3!!! Your Expectations

Woups, wrong term LOL

If a mod reads this, delete this post if you can. Came off as an idiot in the original message.

For ArmA3 I'd like to see a revamped rendering engine. With recent advances in not only technology, but also in technique, deferred rendering could be used in ArmA3 to great effect.

Deferred lighting is a sub-function of deferred rendering, and once the technology is implemented there is no (or very little) overhead for number of active lights ingame, This means that ArmA2's current hardware-limited number of (say) 8 or so lights could be drastically increased to, well, there's not really any limit. ANY number of active lights can be utilised making the gameplay very complex visually. How many times have you seen fires, streetlights, headlights etc winking out due to some other lightsource taking the rendering priority? Wouldn't happen with deferred lighting :)

Other links:

link 1

link 2

Edited by DMarkwick

I dont expect any "uber military simulation" from BIS - they would need much more time, money and qualified staff in many area's.

But they could dumb the game down to make it even more accessible for mainstream/casual players = more profit.

Simulation fans are too demanding and not that easy to please.

I dont expect any "uber military simulation" from BIS - they would need much more time, money and qualified staff in many area's.

But they could dumb the game down to make it even more accessible for mainstream/casual players = more profit.

Oops :) look forward to some rather hostile responses to that :D ;)

What BIS do best is provide a base for users to then build on. ArmA2 exists in its current state only 50% what BIS provide, but it's the most important 50% :) the rest of the content - and indeed the gameplay - is provided by "the community". I think this works, and works very well. BIS are free to work on the most important aspect, the base engine, while reaping in the sales due to user content making the game so attractive to so many "not easy to please" customers :)

Id'e just like to see more stuff added like fastrope, slings, towing etc.

Also better graphics as hardware will be better

And most important total 3D support as this should be standard by then.

ArmA3 ?

Time for a completely new written engine - a well documented, state of the art and still 20 years ahead of it´s time one. Including any feature the community has requested throughout the years, with any possible bug fixed before release, aaaaaand working car horn broadcasting in MP! :yay:

Hi all

Same engine just continue refining it.

No Flaccid Dick physics!

I am just throwing this in pot for discussion do not get hung up on the figures or the range:

BIS to realise their business model is making and selling shovels in the gold rush not panning for gold.

I live in hope of the latter there is a vast community out here that BIS could be leveraging far more profitably. A 3 level license of the engine is the best business model for BIS and the Real Virtuality Engine.

1) An expensive sold license say 3 to 5 million euros that allows customers to make a specified game and its follow ups.

2) A mid price license say 1 million to 500,000 Euros that allows the customer to use the modding tools to make a single specific game, with a small percentage to BIS.

3) A zero up front cost but large percentage say 50% that allows modders to sell through say steam.

Such a business model would allow others to create content and allow BIS to concentrate on their core capability which is making an effective engine.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

The way everyone here bitches about realism no wonder they are moving to a fantasy game.

@Walker, I must say that you really hit the nail on the head. BIS should be an engine maker, not mission maker since they don't make really good campaigns or missions anyways. It has always been the community made contents that makes the game interesting. BIS should concentrate resources on making the engine and let the community create the contents just like what secondlife did and is still doing. This way, everyone concentrates on what they do best and maximize earnings as well through the 3 tiered license idea.

Choppers that land on waypoints, without the engine turning off.

A proper Damn armour/ penetration system! :mad:, yeah you heard me BIS. lol

Before you piss on someone else, why don't you grow up and think about what you said, or go make your own game. Not funny.

I would like to see it to. Don't have a ignorant view on things and believe they can do anything. This is not RL. Eventually technology and development will allow them to get there.

I hope there won't be ArmA3 for at least 8 years, and i wish BIS would take the time to actually finish and fix at least ArmA2.

I understand nobody can spend 5 years just on fixing a game they sold many years ago and do the fixing for free, so i would gladly buy any future patches for ArmA2 as long as BIS(or anyone) would continue to work on fixing the game, instead of releasing another "new" game which would be in the same unperfect state as its predecessors.

I was rather disapointed by ArmA2 release (for me it is only a better looking version of ArmA1), which introduced many new things, but also many new (and many OLD) problems.

What exactly was the difference between ArmA1 and ArmA2 in terms of playability? Almost none (except the campaign is more interesting in 2).

ArmA2 has better graphics, yes, but did the better graphics improved the gameplay? NO.

ArmA2 has some new scripting commands, providing new possiblities, but many of these possibilities are again ruined by shortsighted implementation of those commands, or by some constraints in the game engine, or by some bugs (which i do hope will get fixed), hell, many "old" ArmA1 bugs are again present in ArmA2!

My point is this:

instead of one game which needs to be fixed (ArmA1), we now have two of them (ArmA1 and ArmA2).

And somehow i don't believe the situation would be any better with ArmA3.

Maybe there was no other way, maybe i am the only one crazy enough willing to pay for updates instead for "new" games, maybe BIS had to make ArmA2 to make some money allowing them to continue development, i don't know.

as someone said after You - yes, you will get angry answer

no, no, no, no , no

if there is on market GR, CoD, SoF, etc. why "another the same" ?

of course armor penetration, vests, ERA etc.

if there is Britney, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, hundreds of pop-singing girls , why make Behemoth or Vader to replace growling man with singing woman ???

if someone doesn't like death metal, let he not visit metal show demanding "nice woman, melodic music to dance, lyrics about flowers and love/sex"

don't like metal show ? don't go there demanding copying Britney

don't like military realism - go play CoD, GR, MW, SoF, IGI, and many many games that title i don't know including Dragon Rising

BIS is known and loved since OFP for "military realism aiming" more than others

for people who not want it - they can buy CoD3, 4,5,6,7, SoF2,3,4,5, BF, IGI2,3,...

and tens of games

but not change OUR game to "others" ideas

BIS Arma is UNIQUE among others and we want it to be like it used to be

NO CHANGES, more military realism

i don't want BIS to became "another one" instead of "unique and no competition"

f** pop music, f*** cheap literature romances Harlequins, f*** sitcoms, f*** mainstream

more eliteness, more skills, more ambitions, more effort

mainstream kills ambitions and uniqueness, like in radio, when you move scale from 80 to 110 MHz and 15 stations play exactly the same music - vomit

you go to cafe to drink cofee and eat cake and everywhere goddamn dance/pop - vomit

start TV, everywhere "Rambo 8" "she loves him, he f** her" "mr. investigator knows all in 30 minutes" "Brazile-style soap opera - she made cake, uncle visit us at dinner, Ann has new job, Mark loves Ann, Ann loves Tom, Robert bought new car and his dog has obstruction" instead of ambition movies that will make people to use BRAIN (non-hollywood or old ones)

now i can turn on PC and have my music, elite movies and Bohemia Interactive game !

i don't turn on radio, i don't watch TV (except Discovery, news and old movies)

don't make me not have ANY games to joy (think, calculate, preview)

cause i play ONLY Arma2 (i had in past few years AVP1, RTCW1, Max Payne)

if i want something easy to clear my brain - i turn on godmode and giveallammo cheat and enter RTCW or AVP and finish level with grenades or bazooka only :D or finish level in SoF2 shooting-off hands and rifles not killing anyone on god-mode cheat

if i want "usual shooter" - i can buy ANY of 100 games in shop

if i want something GOOD i have ONLY BIS products

don't take me away ONLY game on market :]

f*** mainstream in every form it appears

casual, bleeeeeeh

Edited by vilas

Only a few things, I love Arma 2 so far! So providing the technology exists within the engine...

Ragdoll physics

Shoot a guy in the leg, and similar to gta iv, watch him stumble and fall over in a very dynamic ragdoll manner. Having a bullet wound to the leg means you will bleed, and not be able to function that leg properley no matter what amount of healing you get.

Get shot in the hand, and expect your gun to fly out of it, and for your hand to be unusable. That would be epic. Also explosions etc could make your equipment come out of your hand.

I'd love some sort of extremly dynamic destruction. Shoot a house with a tank, and every time a unique hole apears. Mortars hitting the ground? Use the huge craters they made for cover!

Thats all though. I can live without all of these, they are nice, thats all!

I'd like to see more massive, conventional battles. Considering the engine, I don't think that Arma is right for spec ops and small battles. That's not to say the game is bad but it feels out of place. In OFP, it felt right with large open battles. And those missions weren't designed for the computers we have now.

I'd be happy to play with OA and possibly a second addon for a damn long time if it would mean that when the series returned it did so with a bang.

I'd like to see a much more physically grounded feeling world (perhaps some of the movement style of Brothers in Arms (particularly Hell's Highway), though obviously tempered for realism, because a good fluid movement system, even if simulating an encumbered person, is the basis for a world feeling real.

Apart from that, deferred lighting and all the newfangled dx11 style tesselation stuff would be good, but honestly, what I'd love is to have an engine that ran fast and efficiently, with a gui faced but powerful editor with the ability to easily set parameters without having to so often revert to scripting (as others have said).

Basically though, I'm keen to see if Arma2/OA can play out over the next few years into something like the mod renaissance that seemed to happen over the last 4-5 years of OFP's lifespan. That would show us once and for all what the arma2 engine is truely capable of. :)

No expectations but a "simple" wish regarding future simulations:

Bohemia Interactive should team up with Eagle Dynamics.

- Bohemia Interactive: Infantry and Ground Vehicles

- Eagle Dynamics: Aircraft (Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing)

Imagine being able to support "ArmA infantry" using the DCS Ka-50 simulator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1FYIVMn9zs

This is what my dreams are made of. :D

as someone said after You - yes, you will get angry answer

no, no, no, no , no

if there is on market GR, CoD, SoF, etc. why "another the same" ?

of course armor penetration, vests, ERA etc.

if there is Britney, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, hundreds of pop-singing girls , why make Behemoth or Vader to replace growling man with singing woman ???

if someone doesn't like death metal, let he not visit metal show demanding "nice woman, melodic music to dance, lyrics about flowers and love/sex"

don't like metal show ? don't go there demanding copying Britney

don't like military realism - go play CoD, GR, MW, SoF, IGI, and many many games that title i don't know including Dragon Rising

BIS is known and loved since OFP for "military realism aiming" more than others

for people who not want it - they can buy CoD3, 4,5,6,7, SoF2,3,4,5, BF, IGI2,3,...

and tens of games

but not change OUR game to "others" ideas

BIS Arma is UNIQUE among others and we want it to be like it used to be

NO CHANGES, more military realism

i don't want BIS to became "another one" instead of "unique and no competition"

f** pop music, f*** cheap literature romances Harlequins, f*** sitcoms, f*** mainstream

more eliteness, more skills, more ambitions, more effort

mainstream kills ambitions and uniqueness, like in radio, when you move scale from 80 to 110 MHz and 15 stations play exactly the same music - vomit

you go to cafe to drink cofee and eat cake and everywhere goddamn dance/pop - vomit

start TV, everywhere "Rambo 8" "she loves him, he f** her" "mr. investigator knows all in 30 minutes" "Brazile-style soap opera - she made cake, uncle visit us at dinner, Ann has new job, Mark loves Ann, Ann loves Tom, Robert bought new car and his dog has obstruction" instead of ambition movies that will make people to use BRAIN (non-hollywood or old ones)

now i can turn on PC and have my music, elite movies and Bohemia Interactive game !

i don't turn on radio, i don't watch TV (except Discovery, news and old movies)

don't make me not have ANY games to joy (think, calculate, preview)

cause i play ONLY Arma2 (i had in past few years AVP1, RTCW1, Max Payne)

if i want something easy to clear my brain - i turn on godmode and giveallammo cheat and enter RTCW or AVP and finish level with grenades or bazooka only :D or finish level in SoF2 shooting-off hands and rifles not killing anyone on god-mode cheat

if i want "usual shooter" - i can buy ANY of 100 games in shop

if i want something GOOD i have ONLY BIS products

don't take me away ONLY game on market :]

f*** mainstream in every form it appears

casual, bleeeeeeh

you sound way to caught up and angry at the "mass media"

Soul Assassin;1476340']The core is already there as is the fanbase.

On topic' date=' for ArmA3 I'd like to see a new multiplayer system with some main and user-created lobbies instead of/in addition to the gameslist, so people can chat a bit between games without joining a specific server. That worked great on SWAT3 for example.

Also the controls should be better optimized for CQB and more buildings should be accessible.

Mod activation should be handled in-game for simple weapon/unit/object/texture addons with auto-download options from the server.

The editor should feature real-size object placement and a library of scripts. There are plenty, so that shouldn't be too hard.

The equipment section can be overhauled to allow more customisation: carrying additional weapons like shotgun on your back.[/quote']

Apart from what you already said I would think it would be great if they added that and just released it as a Arma 2 "Editor's Choice Edition" and basically just added those great mods that would want to be featured for extra content. Similar to the Unreal Tournament 2004 Editor's Choice Edition.. Suddenly the MP part gets all the work and everyone gets "insert uber mod", or similar, from the get go.

Who knows, maybe even some sort of collaboration like that will produce a "insert uber mod" retail, similar to Killing Floor or Red Orchestra.

Edited by JojoTheSlayer

No expectations but a "simple" wish regarding future simulations:

Bohemia Interactive should team up with Eagle Dynamics.

- Bohemia Interactive: Infantry and Ground Vehicles

- Eagle Dynamics: Aircraft (Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing)

Imagine being able to support "ArmA infantry" using the DCS Ka-50 simulator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1FYIVMn9zs

This is what my dreams are made of. :D

Wow that video is fucking awesome.

Sadly BIS would have to implement Render to Texture which is a performance heavy feature if you wanted those fancy avionics monitors.

WHAT I WANT TO SEE IN ARMA III

- I'll want to see new, better engine,

- all houses will be opened (you'll can enter them)

- more factions

- better civilian cars (audi, ford gt...)

- better graphics (of-course)

- bigger environment (eg. 800km like in VBS2)

- better animations (entering car, reloading, weapon holding etc...)

- better scripts

- bigger campaign

- no bugs

- better mission editor (editing terrain, build new map function...)

- better AI.

Edited by danny96

There's two major factors I'd like to see get a complete overhaul;

Physics & Animations.

Physics are all about objects in the world, the physics of ground and air vehicles, when you hit someone and some ragdoll systems. It's not fun to drive in this game because it's such a static and boring feeling, there are no bumps, no feel to the vehicle. Crashes are just weird collisions etc. So on the whole; redo the system.

Animations shouldn't need much explaining, we all know how extremely static animations are - I just want to see proper animations for entering / exiting vehicles, using mounted weapons, reloading and all that.

Currently not expecting anything from Arma 3 as we are hardly done with Arma 2 yet! The expansion is not even out yet lol.