----------------------------

futue release

----------------------------

- add several skins

- scoped and nonscoped versions

Armaholic mirror:

- Xm117

Edited by Pvt.Kiwi

Very nice XM177 mate, though is there any chance of some with a lightly spray-painted camo look? As from what I remember there were the odd few that had a bit of desert tan paint on them.

Not bad, but a XM177 doesn't have a detachable carrying handle or the 6-position collapsible stock. At the moment it more resembles the Colt Model 933 Commando, which does have the detachable handle.

That would actually be a four position stock. The US Army only uses 4 position stocks on their M4 style weapons. Only Civys have six positions. But hes right, the carrying handle needs to be perminately fixed to the upper receiver.

The xm177 only has a 2 positions buttstock from the factory open and closed.

STGN

can you show picture of real XM-117 ?

if you named it 117 ?

or you meant 177 ?

cause if you meant 177 than this model is totally wrong

it is like giving model of AK74 and calling it AK47 or RPK

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/screens/p85/w23.jpg

you just took BIS M4 ironsight model and put BIS Aimpoint in wrong place (hole for mount is in other place of carry handle)

also M16A1 style of carrying handle should be made as following :

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/nm16a1.jpg

you just copied BIS M4 and named it XM1 ???7 117 or 177 ?

what would be if tommorow someone will "release" M16A2 and name it M16A1 or even HK 416 ?

man, this is not XM 177 and i never seen XM-117 , so please show me what is "117" :)

Edited by vilas

can you show picture of real XM-117 ?

if you named it 117 ?

or you meant 177 ?

cause if you meant 177 than this model is totally wrong

it is like giving model of AK74 and calling it AK47 or RPK

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/screens/p85/w23.jpg

you just made M4 with Aimpoint in wrong place (hole for mount is in other place of carry handle)

also M16A1 style of carrying handle should be made as following :

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/nm16a1.jpg

you just copied BIS M4 and named it XM1 ???7 117 or 177 ?

what would be if tommorow someone will "release" M16A2 and name it M16A1 or even HK 416 ?

man, this is not XM 177 and i never seen XM-117 , so please show me what is "117" :)

What kinda rude reply is this? This is not really helpfull in enyway or motivating, whats so rong with making an addon this way everybody has to start somewhere.

And speaking about starting your first addons I remember where not the most accurate either and looking at that M16A1(I presume) you still have a lot of details rong to name a few: the barrel is too thick unless its a M16A1E1 early prototype the lower reciver is an A2 type, the handguard has a less than correct shape and the upper reciver is also shaped badly,.......

And yes ofcause you can take an M4 model rename it Hk416 if you want to and or need somthing to represent an HK416 and you do not have an accurate model nothing wrong with that.

And you also just took a BIS model and changed a few points and altered the texture a bit and then call it M16.

To Pvt.Kiwi

Do you want constructiv critisism on the looks of this model?

STGN

nice model m8

and i like to say if this is your first go at making addons i think you done very well ,look forward to a update on this model m8

Just ignore vilas, apparently its that time of the month again. Anyways Kiwi, just keep working at it, as their are people here that will help you, whether constructive criticism or advice.

yeah, just ignore that M4 is not XM177

and if someone will shot AK74 and say it is Ak47 also ignore

What kinda rude reply is this? This is not really helpfull in enyway or motivating, whats so rong with making an addon this way everybody has to start somewhere.

And speaking about starting your first addons I remember where not the most accurate either and looking at that M16A1(I presume) you still have a lot of details rong to name a few: the barrel is too thick unless its a M16A1E1 early prototype the lower reciver is an A2 type, the handguard has a less than correct shape and the upper reciver is also shaped badly,.......

And yes ofcause you can take an M4 model rename it Hk416 if you want to and or need somthing to represent an HK416 and you do not have an accurate model nothing wrong with that.

And you also just took a BIS model and changed a few points and altered the texture a bit and then call it M16.

To Pvt.Kiwi

Do you want constructiv critisism on the looks of this model?

STGN

Yo don't worry about that. As long as you are trying and learning to make content, that's all that really counts. As Suhsjake says there's enough people around to provide solid help and criticism. Just keep bangin' away. Thanks for the time and effort.

@STGN yeah i would

its a mix on my end mate said it was a 117 but more R&D (someone telling me) i have found out it is the Colt Commando

Colt 733 commando:

upperassy12.jpg

As you can see the barrel is 11,5" yours look like a 10,3" which is what is used on today's CQBR/Mk18 receivers.

It has no bayonet lug on the front sight.

It used a pencil barrel, if you scale down the diameter of the barrel by 0.8333 you should be pritty close.

Flash light would have been clamped to the barrel not the front sight.

The Aimpoint was a older version(3000 or Comp Old Aimpoint sights) than the CompM 2 from BIS

The carry handle has a hole in the middle for mounting optics. as fare as I understand they used a arms mounting rail back then older version of this think more square and no cut out in the center of the rail and some scope mount on top for the aimpoint.

STGN

I'm kind of interested in what vilas was asking about- not in the accuracy of the model, but in the designation. Is xm117 an actual rifle?

I'm kind of interested in what vilas was asking about- not in the accuracy of the model, but in the designation. Is xm117 an actual rifle?

I'm interested as well. After doing some research, some links pointed to a rifle used in the Vietnam-era. Possibly the first variant of the CAR-15? Very few reference pictures / links on the internet. I'll check out some of my books on rifles and see if anything shows up. But regardless, very good work! Going to test this out.

The first carbine(actual they where classified as a submachinguns) was called C-SMG or CAR-15 then came the XM177E1 after witch XM177E2 came which is now the Colt Commando.

STGN

Yes but this one is called xm117 not xm177

In my opinion this addon gets way too much attention. :P

Edited by Lennard

More than likely. They STGN, when are you going to start working on stuff for A2?

sory for offtopic, I don't know maby when I get a computer which can run it so don't hold your breath.:)

STGN