Sign in to follow this  
C-zom

Need some help with Superpower

Hello BI community! Me and a friend play co-op all the time on this fantastic and immersive game. By far our favorite mode is Superpower. Its just a blast. But now I've run into some problems I'd like to get resolved about the "official" warfare game mode--Superpower.

I understand Superpower mode is the new version of Warfare, the little brother of the Arma 1 version content wise.I played the Arma 1 version since the day it came out and loved it so much with ACE added on top. I've played this mode/version of it for arma 2 for 4 days with the AI on command and now have some questions because I want to take over commanding and am having difficulty learning the new command interface. I played the HC tutorial and know how to set waypoints, adjust formations, awareness, and speed and... that's about it.

Note: I have played all the tutorials and found no answers, and looked around the forums. I have seen the AI commander do the following five things, but I cannot find them:

1: How do I assign roles for squads like in Arma 1? Everyone starts at, and always stays in, Infantry Only Mode. I want to make some AT, some AA, some Armor later on, put some in helicopters, etc like in Arma 1.

2: How do I assign tasks to the AI squads like attacking cities? The Targets and Actions menu's are blank when selecting squads and I can't figure out how to do this.

3: How do I put some squads on "Defend Base" mode like in Arma 1? I like to keep reserves.

4: How do I divide the pay between squads from loot?

5: And, lastly, any idea how to force soldiers to buy more troops? AI squad leaders don't buy many at all.

Edited by C-zom

1: How do I assign roles for squads like in Arma 1? Everyone starts at, and always stays in, Infantry Only Mode. I want to make some AT, some AA, some Armor later on, put some in helicopters, etc like in Arma 1.

You can't with "in the box" Superpowers...

2: How do I assign tasks to the AI squads like attacking cities? The Targets and Actions menu's are blank when selecting squads and I can't figure out how to do this.

You can't with "in the box" Superpowers. You can assign an action to the waypoint though (IE Patrol, Guard, etc...). Hover over a waypoint then right click on it...

3: How do I put some squads on "Defend Base" mode like in Arma 1? I like to keep reserves.

You can't with "in the box" Superpowers.

4: How do I divide the pay between squads from loot?

In Communications menu, there should be an option for "Give Money", however, I think it's bugged...Warfare BE edtion has this... see below for download link.

5: And, lastly, any idea how to force soldiers to buy more troops? AI squad leaders don't buy many at all.

Another bug with the default "in the box" Superpowers. I suggest you download and use BE Warfare edition .44 or later... It has all the features you are asking about plus more (especially things like UAV and Artillary).. The default Superpowers is too buggy...

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/warfare-be

L8r,

eem

Hello, I just started playing Warfare with a friend, and was wondering if most of what was mentioned above has been fixed with 1.05? For example the sending money between my friend and I works fine in 1.05.

But the problem we are facing is, say we wanted to set up a third computer to run the AI, Is there a way to get the AI team leaders to spend their money or get them to send the money to us so we can use it? This would also bypass the 12 unit limit per team.

And how can we create empty vehicles? The option is there, but nothing happens. The idea is to populate the tanks and other vehicles with our soldiers rather than crew members so we can deploy them to other roles. Then when a vehicle is destroyed we can take the survivors, heal them up and redeploy them as we see fit.

Thanks

Edited by starstreams