Sign in to follow this  
Rommel

Frequently Asked Questions/Requests

NameOfTank removeMagazinesTurret ["SmokeLauncherMag",[0,0]];

;)

So I'm running a FiredNear EventhHandler so a friendly squad can let player know they've engaged enemy. Problem is they sidechat the message every second as this fires with every nearby shot -both friendly and foe.

Is there a way to have it fire only once or delete itself? Also is there a better " being fired upon" eventhandler?

I can't find any documentation on sub-menus in the action menu. Let's say you got your standard options "Gear" and "M911". It looks clean and I don't want to make a mess of it, so I only add 1 action "Customize Loadout". When I click on this action I want all of these (including gear and your secondary weapon) to disappear and 6 new actions will popup, like a sub-menu. The BIS ARMEX exposition has this, when you look at one of the info displays for example. I've looked in the mission files but I can't find any there. :(

Edited by NGagedFX

snip.

Edited by cuel

Hey guys, quick question here, how would I go about synchronizing a trigger to another trigger? Would I just do:

Trigger 1
On Act.: ca1 = true

Trigger 2
Cond.: ca1 = true

?

Or is there some other way that I'm missing.

you can name one trigger say "trig1" and in the second trigger put :-

triggerActivated trig1 as the condition

Or this is a little more complicated but useful if you've several triggers to check.

Place both your triggers and then a game logic with a waypoint on the logic.

Now sync both triggers to the logic waypoint, the waypoint will now have the options and, or

If you set it to "and" both triggers need to be activated, "or" only needs one of them to activate.

Whatever you want activated goes in the waypoints act box.

Your way is also fine except don't use true as it will give an error

Cond : ca1

will work if true

Cond : !ca1

if you want false

Edited by F2k Sel

yea so i searched for the last 3 days on how to make a border for a smaller game area, my own common sense tells me to use a trigger set up as anybody not present with a hint telling you to get the f back in the game within 10 sec, I used a map veiw border with a plain marker that looks like a line but for my "setdamage 1" trigger i cannot figure out how to make the AI or person leaving just get killed Im thinking about trying to use 16 differnt triggers placed at the same spot somehow synced togeather for each individual player so only they get killed... I found (but cant get back to due do the dissorderly way of "search" on this site something like

_x setdamage 1 thislist forall or something but it failed called for boolean which is asking for a true or false, basically i cant figure out if the script is wrong or i just need an idiots explaniation on exactly where the players "names" would go and the exact placement of the code in the trigger, Also it could be possible to use a distance to object greater than to kill every one but that seems like there could be an easyer way... and im new at this whole deal found out .ext sqf. respawn all that by myself but i cant find this and at least i should get credit for hating call of duty.. thanks for any help recived

Maybe instead use a trigger testing for distance from a center point? ArmA isn't really an "arena area deathmatch" kind of game so this kind of thing isn't really designed for by default.

I have 2 init.sqf and description.ext for 2 sirpt in 1 misson

I changed the first file into description1.ext 2 and No. 2 sirpt init1.sqf but what it not work

Someone please help me !!

I have been editing a year old version of domination and I went to download and edit the 2.60 domination Takistan.

Well, I cannot read the mission file. It looks to be encrypted. I downloaded eliteness and downloaded the depbo.dll file. It can open the file, but I still cannot read the mission file.

Can anyone help me?

TIA

You're not supposed to edit the files anymore, you're supposed to build up your own version from the included make files. There's some documentation within the download for how to do that. Check the dom_maker folder.

Can anyone answer the question of why ai in arma 2 and arrowhead cant use cover like ai in call of duty and other first person shooters seem to, i mean the ai know when something is between themselves and the enemy but they dont seem to have an animation the use like back to wall, of crouch with ur head under cover

AI uses cover all the time. The CoD ducking under cover is all entirely scripted nonsense and not on the fly AI like ArmA2 has. But default AI and especially improved AI like ASR most certainly uses cover and peeks around corners or over walls. Just not that Hollywood crap CoD has. :)

AI never uses cover placed in the editor, though, which is annoying. They're only "aware" of cover that's already on the terrain like trees and building corners.

I need script that allows player to join nearest friendly group.

Yes, yes, its one of those "I need you to write the script for me" requests, but my coding-fu sucks so much I dont even know where to start. Also I did search, but I couldnt find anything I was looking for.

My idea is that player has action command, or better: radio command. that will make player character/group join nearest friendly group. Note "join" not "join and lead". Ability to leave that group with all soldiers from your old group would be nice, or just leaving it by yourself.

I would like this script as Im using High AI Commander addon, with is capable of commanding ALL units on battlefield with surprising coherency, but it only gives orders to groups with AI commander. Also I like to play as member of team rather then leader.

This is taken from one of the VTS or MCC mods, can't remember which one and there's no info in the script so credit to whoever deserves it:

_object = nearestObjects [[(position player select 0)+2*sin(direction player),(position player select 1)+2*cos(direction player),position player select 2],["AllVehicles"],20];

//cursorTarget
if (player in _object) then {_object=_object-[player];};

if (count _object<1) exitwith 
{
hint "!!! Group : No valid unit has been found in front of you !!!";
//hint format["%1",_object];
};

_unit=_object select 0;
if (_unit isKindOf "AllVehicles") then
{
 if (!alive _unit) exitwith {hint "!!! Group : The unit is not alive !!!"};
 if (side _unit==side player) then 
 {
 [player] joinsilent group _unit;
 hint format["Group : You JOINED %1, in %2 group",name _unit,name (leader _unit)];
 }
 else
 {
 hint "!!! Group : The unit is not on the same side as you !!!";
 };
}
else
{
hint "!!! Group : No valid unit has been found in front of you !!!";
};

Works on basic level, but stuff goes badly when I board group vehicles. My character clips through vehicle. I have no Idea what is wrong.

My request for joining any group still stands. However I have new idea.

How about light weight script that will make any squad, that stands in one place for long enough (about 10 minutes), switch into "idle mode". I mean they should start milling around: walking a bit, sitting, talking etc. The animations are already in Arma 2, just use this script to see with animations should be used. Of course once AI gets attacked they should immediately cancel any animations. Also it only should apply to squad in safe behavior or aware (aware takes much longer to switch into idle mode).

Such script would breath a bit of life into robotic AI of Arma 2.

Edited by Taro8

I am teaching myself scripting and would like to know how I can output the value of a variable to the Arma 2 screen when I play the game in multiplayer mode.

For example, in the code below, I can output the part in quotes after the command Hint.

So, how would I output the value of p2 to the same place on my player screen as the hint quote was placed? If I knew this, it would be a great help in my learning of how to script and debug. I could see what was going on in the script when it ran.

//test code start

_pos = getPos p2;

_markertxt = format [" - %1", name(p2)];

_markerstr = createMarker [_markertxt,_pos];

_markerstr setMarkerShape "ICON";

_markerstr setMarkerType "mil_dot";

_markerstr setMarkerSize [0.3,0.3];

_markerstr setMarkerColor "ColorOrange";

_markerstr setMarkerText _markertxt;

~3

_markerstr setMarkerPos getPos p2;

hint "Has the marker moved?"

//test code end

While I'm wishing, does anyone know why I am only able to use this script until my character dies. The script is used to tag my player position on the map with my nickname. It works fine when I first start the game but, after I respawn the 1st time it no longer works. I have named the player p2 in the name box. I have searched and worked on it for 2 days so far. The script is called via trigger on the condition that p2 is alive.

;//This code places the players nik next to the player position on the map.

_unit = p2

_pos = getPos _unit

_markertxt = format [" - %1", name(_unit)];

_markerstr = createMarker [_markertxt,_pos];

_markerstr setMarkerShape "ICON";

_markerstr setMarkerType "mil_dot";

_markerstr setMarkerSize [0.3,0.3];

_markerstr setMarkerColor "ColorOrange";

_markerstr setMarkerText _markertxt;

#loop

~1

_markerstr setMarkerPos getPos _unit;

? !(alive _unit) : goto "end";

hint "loop updating";

goto "loop"

#end

hint "loop ended"

Guys do you know how make Hesco modules without sandy base? I'm making realistic camp in editor (based on photos from Afghanistan), and there Hesco are compose in layers, one on other... This sandy base looking very badly... Damn.

Hey dudes, how do I make it so that the AI in this group I'm making stay out of formation until they enter contact with an enemy?

Guys do you know how make Hesco modules without sandy base? I'm making realistic camp in editor (based on photos from Afghanistan), and there Hesco are compose in layers, one on other... This sandy base looking very badly... Damn.

Maybe setPos them down a meter or so pushing the sandy base down under the ground? Or check this image to see the other types that might stack better:

hescowalls.jpg

Hey dudes, how do I make it so that the AI in this group I'm making stay out of formation until they enter contact with an enemy?

Look into disableAI "MOVE" and change that via a BLUFOR Detected trigger maybe?

Any one knows how to set the Ka137_PMC on the editor has a UAV?? cant figure it out, I place the UAV module sync the player-ka137-UAV terminal and nothing, put the ULB module sync and nothing, the player cant access the ka137, I get a msj "The UAV is destroyed", is it because Im using ACE?

Thanks