Sign in to follow this  
Rommel

Frequently Asked Questions/Requests

Hi!

I am occupied with my mission keeping in mind a computer's ressources. I do this difficult because of absence of complete information about the game mechanics.

Therefore I am interested get answer on my questions:

Are they created while a load of mission ? Or they are created only within the vision field of player ?

Thanks.

Edited by VGD

I have a problem with a complex origin it is better not to mention.

How can I take a building on the Chernarus map, and prevent it from being destroyed? Alternately, can I somehow fire a trigger when any or certain parts of the building are destroyed and change to the destroyed model?

Hey Maturin. Put a gamelogic near the building with this code in it's init:

My_Building = (GetPosATL This NearestObject 12345); Nul = My_Building AddEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {False}]; 

Also, maybe you can set parts that are damaged IE;

My_Building = (GetPosATL This NearestObject 12345); My_Building SetHit ["dam 1", 1]; 

Hi,

Could anyone write a script, similar to the medevac module script?

I'm trying to replicate popping smoke for a suitable LZ, the chopper landing but then actually taking the wounded or dead soldier, meaning he is no longer a member of the squad. I thought this would be far more realistic.

Thanks in advance.

Hey, new editor and unit leader here, how would I create a training map and some simple combat scenarios- including a few HVT or IED operations, etc.?

(If it is not an inconvenience, I would also like to know how to create vehicles etc in order to assist in giving what I need for large-scale operations and FTXs.)

I intend to pass what info you give me to my (what will be) Staff units that will need to be mission planners.

Please PM what info I need.

I'm decently new to the game, and in mission editing I cannot for the life of me figure out how to set the 'MOVE' path of a unit to something else. I click the arrow down menus and chse what I options I like, but then....there's nothing to click on like 'OK' or something. I've tried literally every key on the keyboard, too. Help?!?

btw also searched this and found nothing.

Hey,

I don't know if this is the right place to post and sorry to hijack previous questions.

I can use the following move just fine using both playmove and switchmove:

H1 switchMove "ActsPercMstpSrasWrflDnon_sceneLopotevBandCaptured_Rodriguez1";

Now for the issue: whenever I use the move, the unit becomes a dwarf-like figure due to the animation starting at a higher elevation than where the unit originally was.

You can see this in the pictures provided.

Original position before activation of the move:

pjns.th.jpg

New position after activation of the move which results in the dwarf

9mhe.th.jpg

Has anyone else experienced such problems and if so, what did you do to solve it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I don't think the AI has mutated into a dwarf, it's simply in a crouched position.

Seem to be 2 issues - firstly the unit has changed postion by a significant amount (which is weird). and secondly it is stopped in a crouch position.

Don't have time to check atm, so:

- does the unit change position before, during or after the animation? If it's after, a (temporary?) workaround might be be to getPosASL before starting the animation then setPosASL immediately after it finishes.

- re stance: some animations terminate in a different stance to that in which the unit starts. IIRC from playing Red Harvest a long while ago, when you capture Lopotev he stops & crouches down. That isn't a bug, it's designed that way.

You could either add an animation that has the unit stand (or whatever), or use the setUnitPos command -auto might be the best option.

That looks like dwarf to me,... Or i guess little person. Lol does he stay this way? Is he combat effective? Sorry but I can't help but see hordes of little people storming a airfield.

He doesn't look to be crouched though. If he's stopped he would be on knee, right?

I don't think the AI has mutated into a dwarf, it's simply in a crouched position.

Seem to be 2 issues - firstly the unit has changed postion by a significant amount (which is weird). and secondly it is stopped in a crouch position.

Don't have time to check atm, so:

- does the unit change position before, during or after the animation? If it's after, a (temporary?) workaround might be be to getPosASL before starting the animation then setPosASL immediately after it finishes.

- re stance: some animations terminate in a different stance to that in which the unit starts. IIRC from playing Red Harvest a long while ago, when you capture Lopotev he stops & crouches down. That isn't a bug, it's designed that way.

You could either add an animation that has the unit stand (or whatever), or use the setUnitPos command -auto might be the best option.

I've tried several things.

-First I tried setpos and getpos in different ways. Simultaneousely with the move, before executing the move and directly after executing the move.

-I also tried disable AI with all possibilities:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/disableAI

-Lastly I tried changing it to chernarus and other island with the same result.

That looks like dwarf to me,... Or i guess little person. Lol does he stay this way? Is he combat effective? Sorry but I can't help but see hordes of little people storming a airfield.

He doesn't look to be crouched though. If he's stopped he would be on knee, right?

You're right he isn't crouched

To show you what is happening I've searched for a location with a decent slope.

I've uploaded a video (don't mind the quality) showing what is happening.

It doesn't matter what unit I use, it's still the same result each and every time.

The issues as seen in the video are:

-His body not adapting, only his legs;

-The switching of position at the beginning and the end of the animation.

Also I sped up the animation in video editing, so you know this isn't the animation itself that's sped up for some reason

Edited by sarge4267

I've tried several things.

-First I tried setpos and getpos in different ways. Simultaneousely with the move, before executing the move and directly after executing the move.

-I also tried disable AI with all possibilities:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/disableAI

-Lastly I tried changing it to chernarus and other island with the same result.

You're right he isn't crouched

To show you what is happening I've searched for a location with a decent slope.

I've uploaded a video (don't mind the quality) showing what is happening.

It doesn't matter what unit I use, it's still the same result each and every time.

The issues as seen in the video are:

-His body not adapting, only his legs;

-The switching of position at the beginning and the end of the animation.

Also I sped up the animation in video editing, so you know this isn't the animation itself that's sped up for some reason

---Bump---

That's quite bizarre - his legs become detached, move independently, then reattach; it's like something out of a B-grade ghost movie. Quite funny, actually - though I would understand if you didn't see it that way!

Something is badly bugged if this is as reproducible as you report, both with regard to the change of location during the animation and the mis-alignment of the legs of the model.

Only thing I can suggest is to try a different animation - depends what you are trying to achieve, ofc.

I think you should raise a CIT on Dev Heaven, with links to the video plus a repro mission.

I would love to have a more revised warfare module with fixed bugs.

ai that no longer spawn on top of/run over eachother/player.

larger camps with better defenses, and patrol with hunter killer behaviors.

smarter ai timed assault teamwork.

Edited by MadM0nkey
i kan spee,l reely

So i am super neww at all of this is and i was wondering if someone could give me a link or something to help me start my own private epidemic server so i can slowly teach myself with help from some tout's all commands how to build and all the rest i just want to know how i can start a server i am that noob XD

Need help with Transparent Layer added to picture.

Sample is here of layer colored in RED, lower right (RWO):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?155097-SP-Campaign-The-Golden-Triangle-(RWO-Release)

I don't have Photoshop and I can barely get around GIMP.

Just need a Transparent layer colored ORANGE, some simple TEXT in middle and added to a pic.

Should be simple for photoshop users.

Please PM me.

I have the pics ready to go........

KK

Is there a easy way to turn single mission into multiplay mission? I only have .pbo file.

Is there an Arma 2 tutorial for editing/modifying/retexturing aircraft skins ?

I have searched this site on this subject and have had no results.:(

Edited by VXF-VOLT

Hello guys. I have a problem. 
This is my eventhandler

player addEventHandler ["Killed", {[_this] call onKilled;}];

with varables  _player and _killer

In script onKilled i made a condition:

If ((vehicle _killer) == _killer) then {My script};

But i always get true; It doesnt matter where i am, inside a vehicle or outside, allways getting true.

Help me, hot to fix it?

Hi, I've just got back in to mission editing after a little break. I was looking at adding an arrest/detain script to the mission (http://www.liberationarma.com/en/downloads/category/arma/arma-ii/missions/coop/insurgency-sim-takistan/a20a9767-f762-4581-86db)

I found http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16289however it does not carry across once you die and respawn, also it seems a little buggy in multiplayer.

I have no experience with scripting and I was wondering if there was a fairly simple way to have an arrest script that works after respawn? It just needs to work on civilians (Spawned by ALICE)

I could also use some help adding the civilian assassins script (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19623) if anyone has same time to talk a script virgin through it

Any help would be great, cheers

Since I can't figure out how to post a new thread....I'm looking for Evo-Blue also possibly the manuals etc.  It looks like they all used to be hosted on a gits server.