Sign in to follow this  
VerySolidSnake

Operation flashpoint on xbox? what?

On operation-flashpoint.net i've just read that Operation Flashpoint is being developed for Xbox, but it never said anything about it going to PS2. Last time I checked PS2 was like 18 million sales ahead of Xbox. Plus PS2 has the ethernet card coming out for it will broadband compatabilities. Why is codemasters going for the smaller crowd? Also, PS2 is more worldwide then Xbox ever will be. If they are going to develop it for xbox, then at least they should do it for PS2 also.

Probably becuase the ppl who buy the x-box will be more likely to get OFP,the greater technical capabilities of the x-box and i would imagine it would be a hell of a lot more easy to develop foir the x-box though the PC should be the pimary machine for all things OFP.

X-Box version will be the easiest to make.

X-Box will require less porting time, it does have a shitload of more power.

PS2 doesn't have what it takes to make a good port. It can be done but they shall have to tone thigns down. We shall even see loading times while playing probably.

GameCube could have a port l think. It surely has the power for the game but GameCube performs better in OpenGL than Direct X. They can do it though in OpenGL. Since it supports Glide...well OpenGL is quite similar.

Porting flashpoint to a console is the dumbest idea Ive heard all week. I just cant imagine playing that game with a gamepad. Also, I doubt that the typical console gamer would like something as realistic as this game.

I hope this is an early april fool's joke... Hey, maybe they'll make a Gameboy Advance version as well.

I wonder if there will be a mission editor or anything that can keep you playing the game beyond the campaign. Or will there be some way of getting in user made missions from the net into the game. If the PC version didn't have the mission editor, I'd probably stopped playing this game months ago.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Epyon9283 @ Mar. 30 2002,18:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Porting flashpoint to a console is the dumbest idea Ive heard all week. I just cant imagine playing that game with a gamepad. Also, I doubt that the typical console gamer would like something as realistic as this game.<span id='postcolor'>

i play lots of console games as well as computer games, and id love to have flashpoint on the xbox. It will have internet capabilities later this year. But i dont think there would be enough buttons. Maybe if they had a pop up menu or somthing where you could choose different things like nightvision and selecting your men.

You don't need to be so biased against consoles. If this means that BIS gets more money and can therefore stay in business to bring us more games in the future, what's the problem?

Why should console gamers be denied to right to play one of the best games of 2001?

Well said Random smile.gif At least they haven't sold out the soul of their game at the will of the publishers, Bungie anyone.........

PS2 will never be able to handle OFP

Its just not powerful enough. Even if it will you viewdistance going to be like 10 meters biggrin.gif